• 实时天气:温尼伯 15°
    温度感觉: 14°
楼主: faxmail
打印 上一主题 下一主题

究竟移民值不值?

76#
发表于 2002-8-25 22:08:51 | 只看该作者
最初由[诺曼]发布

根据最近的加国无忧“淘金梦碎“报道,大批被美国硅谷裁员的中国电脑工程师申请移民加拿大。谁能告诉我他们为了啥离开就业机会多的美国而到加拿大来呢?
在美国大多数中国(或其他国家)电脑工程师是以H1B签证工作。一旦laid off,如果找不到新雇主赞助 and transfer new H1B,法律上必须离境。所以只好申请移民加拿大。
77#
发表于 2002-8-25 23:10:18 | 只看该作者
最初由[cgigate]发布

在美国大多数中国(或其他国家)电脑工程师是以H1B签证工作。一旦laid off,如果找不到新雇主赞助 and transfer new H1B,法律上必须离境。所以只好申请移民加拿大。

对,主要是美国经济受911影响,政府对911以后的外国人嘴上不说实际上采取一些清除的政策,使很多H1B到期找不到新雇主,只好申请移民加国,其实是很多人不得以的选择.不然这些人早就够条件申请移民的.早可以过来的.不过这些人过来对这里找工的新移民来说又多了一些竞争.
78#
发表于 2002-8-25 23:42:31 | 只看该作者
最初由[诺曼]发布

说穿了就是美国身份不容易解决,不然在美国的没多少人会移民加拿大的.
79#
发表于 2002-8-26 10:45:16 | 只看该作者
I think the logic is quite simple.
I immigrated to Canada. I cannot change Canada by criticizing it. So I HAVE TO change myself to adapt into this new environment. Right?
In many areas, China is better than Canada, especially for Chinese. I totally agree with that. But, I don’t think about it too much. Because the only challenge I’m facing is how to survive and develop myself here better, so I’ll only talk with myself about the advantage of this society. By which, I will be motivated in the campaign better.
I really don’t know why you guys doing different. As somebody mentioned, that’s the result of Chinese Education? I was educated in China identically.
80#
发表于 2002-8-26 10:53:09 | 只看该作者
最初由[毛毛]发布
I immigrated to Canada. I cannot change Canada by criticizing it. So I HAVE TO change myself to adapt into this new environment. Right?
In many areas, China is better than Canada, especially for Chinese. I totally agree with that. But, I don’t think about it too much. Because the only challenge I’m facing is how to survive and develop myself here better, so I’ll only talk with myself about the advantage of this society. By which, I will be motivated in the campaign better.
I really don’t know why you guys doing different. As somebody mentioned, that’s the result of Chinese Education? I was educated in China identically.

Positive attitude!
81#
发表于 2002-8-26 14:05:50 | 只看该作者
最初由[诺曼]发布

Because he lost his job and hasn't gotten a USA Green Card, so he had to enter Canada if he didn't want to come back China. You will understand why so many Chinese rush into Canada  -- even as refugee -- from USA,  because they lost their job as H1-B or other visa holder.

But in Canada, even if you lost your job or always are unemploymnet holding any visa, you can stay in Canada, that is a great different between Canadian and USA immigration law.

You can ckeck unemployment rate in Canad and USA, you will find even in such a bad situation, the unemployment rate in Canad is still higher than USA. Funny??
82#
发表于 2002-8-26 20:06:18 | 只看该作者
最初由[毛毛]发布
We do not criticize at all our Canadian society we belong to and of which we are so pride! What we are doing is to awake some potential new immigrants from their unrealitic dreams: Get a good job immediately after arriving here. Please see the very first 贴子.
83#
发表于 2002-8-26 20:35:12 | 只看该作者
最初由[诺曼]发布

We do not criticize at all our Canadian society we belong to and of which we are so pride! What we are doing is to awake some potential new immigrants from their unrealitic dreams: Get a good job immediately after arriving here. Please see the very first 贴子.

Ideally, it will be  the best situation : Get a good job immediately after arriving here. Who wouldn't want a good job as soon as landing in Canada.

However, realistically, most of new immigrants start from G.L.
Just hope, these immigrants won't lost ambitions after starting from G.L. job. Keeping positive attitude, grab any oppurtunities to begin your new life in Canada. Always look forwards instead of backwards. Toworrow will be another day is waiting for you to fight the life.
84#
发表于 2002-8-27 08:14:35 | 只看该作者
Life is getting better if you do not overestimate yourself.
85#
发表于 2005-11-5 22:52:07 | 只看该作者

WHERE CAN I TAKE ECA COURSE??

本人已有一年的ECA经验,但无学历,不知道读正式学院还是读私立学院。这个工作人工不高,是不是速成比较好呢?谢谢各位指教!
86#
发表于 2005-11-6 03:13:28 | 只看该作者
二十岁不够资格如何出来,40岁正是年富力强,当走则走,要有远见.
多数人初来乍到,毫无远见,就当时的条件和在国内奋斗了几十年的条件相比,得出的结论就让人望而生畏.但看不到国内目前各种矛盾的激化,工资收入逐渐降低,社会稳定日趋恶化,假以时日,十年之后再看出来的和国内的比较,问题将不言自明.

就本人的具体情况,在国内月薪7000,换成纽币$300/周,刚来时刷油漆,$10/小时,累的要命,收入比国内多不了多少,算上开销后,月积蓄反而大减.半年后,语言有所进步,找到电子公司一份assembler如今做了近一年,工资已到$15,增加了50%,工作也很清闲了.短短一年半,变化已是可喜,倘若要点强,语言过关两三年后即可达到当地平均收入.日后利用这里公平的竞争环境可以经商,当然也可以求专业.不算成功到也没白来.
曾有人言:觉得自己真有本事就出来(不是什么大本事,就是大丈夫能屈能伸,穷且益坚那种人)特有道理.

注:本人之所以参加这里的讨论,是因为本人即将去加拿大体验一下所谓艰难,再从头做起,看它难在哪里!
87#
发表于 2005-11-7 12:18:22 | 只看该作者

移民过来的,后悔是一时的,办成没来的,后悔是一世的

关于这个问题,回国后和一些已经办成了移民,前思后想,最好放弃了的人聊了很久。他们现在都对自己当初轻易地放弃,万分后悔

得出结论:移民过来的,后悔是一时的,办成没来的,后悔是一世的。

特别是当孩子长大,又要张罗出国留学事宜的时候,或者自己在国内不幸下岗的时候……

不用再多想,不要再忧郁了,朋友们
88#
发表于 2005-12-29 01:48:50 | 只看该作者
我和太太喜欢这里 , 有付出就有收获的地方,  没二等公民的感觉, 可能是因为我们两手空空过来。
89#
发表于 2006-4-15 07:24:15 | 只看该作者
在我们福建的一个地区,好多有文凭的大学毕业生,当时都掏不起
移民费用,和没文凭的人假结婚,对方出几万,自己再出一两万。不是大学毕业在中国就会混得好的。一些经济落后地区收入是很低的。
出来好不好,要看你在中国混得如何。
90#
发表于 2006-4-15 18:37:40 | 只看该作者
這個問題討論了至少25年了,唉,可還是沒有人找到正確答案。有人說「人離鄉賤,貨離鄉貴」,又有人說「樹挪死,人挪活」,聽誰的,您就看著辦吧!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表