|
談友誼(二)
(2)心腹之交
(bonds of friendship):
You always have a special place in my heart.
(你在我心目中,永久佔有特別的位置?)
He is close to my heart; I love being with him.
(他與我推心置腹,我喜歡與他在一起?)
(love可用在一般朋友,但若指男女戀愛,則用to be in love with 或 to fall in love with)
Good friends make everyday a celebration.
(在任何情況下朋友始終同甘共苦?)
All Americans make a distinction between friend and girl (boy) friend.
(美國人把朋友與女友加以區別?)
(註:friend指一般的友誼;而girl(boy)friend是指男女間深厚的感情,甚至已同居。介紹朋友時,要特別小心?)
It was great fun having you with us; I cherish your friendship.
(與你在一起很愉快;我珍惜我們的友誼?)
Your friend is always on your side in this matter.
(對這件事,你的朋友始終站在你這一邊?)
(上句介詞用on,表示有爭吵時,為你辯護;用by時,則指實際站在你旁邊鼓勵你)
I wish I could help you, but I am not sure how to go about it.
(我真希望能幫助你,但不知如何著手?)
He is friendly, approachable and easygoing. We al-ways have a good time together.
(他很友善,易於親近,也很隨和;我們在一起都很快樂?)
To know that you think of me and care for me is a comfort and joy.
(知道您想到我、關心我,讓我感到安慰和喜悅?)
It is good to invite friends for dinner from time to time.
(有時邀請朋友吃飯,也是滿好的?)
(from time to time=occasionally)
It is never rude to smile and offer friends a helping hand.
(對朋友帶著笑容和伸出幫忙之手,絕非不好?)
He tries to fend off these overeager and pushy friends without their feeling slighted.
(他想迴避那些過於熱切和好勝心強的朋友,卻不會讓他們覺得他在冷落他們。)
(fend off = avoid; slighted=ignored)
I am warmed by the outpouring of concern from good friends.
(好友洋溢著關懷,令我窩心?)
As Chinese and Americans mingle, they become friends and bond with one another.
(由於中美人民的來往,他們成為朋友,結合在一起?)
I really want to know what is on your mind… …
because I value your friendship.
(我真想知道你腦子裡在想什麼,因為我很珍惜你的友誼?)
Your friendship to me is the best thing since sliced bread.
(你對我的友誼,是最特別,最好的?)
(the best thing since sliced bread是俚語,意思是special 或wonderful)
He is my best friend; he stands by my side all the time.
(他是我最好的朋友;他一直站在我這一邊?)
(也可以說……he is by my side……)
You are such a gem; you have always been easy to talk to.
(你真難能可貴;總是易於相談,善解人意?)
You are the glue that holds our group of friends together.
(你就如強力膠,把咱們這群朋友牢牢地黏在一起?)
He is the one who has always been a pleasure to be around.
(與他在一起,總是快樂的?)
He makes us feel as if we have known him our whole lives.
(他令人覺得我們與他似乎有一生的交情? )
Don't be hard on your friends.
(不要讓你朋友過不去? )
(hard 係指 give hard time,或太責難)
He has been a simple honest person who has always treated everyone with friendliness and sincerity.
(他是個老老實實的人,以友愛和至誠對待每個人?)
He always lets bygones be bygones for the mistakes that friends have made.
(他對朋友過去的錯誤,都是既往不究?)
If you truly value his friendship, don't keep him in the dark about anything.
(假如你真正珍惜他的友誼,就不要把他蒙在鼓裡?)
Friend's words have power to hurt or to heal.
(朋友的話語,有傷害也有癒合的力量?)
I can always count on him for some magic words of advice.
(我可以指望他給我一些神奇的忠告?)
You don't need tons of friends, but you may like to have a couple of close friends to confide in and spend time with.
(你不需要一大堆朋友,但你也許喜歡有幾位知己的好友,可以在一起傾吐內心的話語?)
I will not turn my back on my friends.
(我不會背棄朋友?)
Your friendliness and smile make my day.
(你的笑容和友愛,令我整天都覺得高興?)
He has given me a special friendship throughout the years.
(多年來,他給我一份特別的友情?)
Don't let this be a stumbling block and strain our friendship.
(別讓這件事成為絆腳石,而損傷我們的友誼? )
(stumble 是動詞,絆腳的意思?)
Any friends will be tired of the backbiting and finger pointing.
(任何朋友都討厭背後誹謗和指名道姓的批評?)
(動詞時態:backbite, backbit, backbitten; finger-point, finger-pointed, finger-pointed)
They try to stay on a friendly terms with each other.
(他們彼此維持友善的關係?)
He has a circle of friends with whom he has a lot in common.
(他有一群志同道合的朋友?)
He has his own circle of friends, but I enjoy my tight group of long time friends.
(他有一群朋友;但我喜歡與老友常在一起?)
(tight group 指常在一起的朋友?)
A true friend is the one who is there for you without an agenda.
(真正的朋友是無條件地幫助你?)
(agenda 是指 condition 或 hidden purpose) |
|