温度感觉:
  • 实时天气:温尼伯
    温度感觉:
楼主: zhengqi1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

市选投票: 对福特说不

106#
发表于 2010-10-9 22:15:47 | 只看该作者
http://www.robfordformayor.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Transportation-Plan3B1.pdf
回复

使用道具 举报

107#
发表于 2010-10-10 17:18:42 | 只看该作者
回复 1# zhengqi1
我倒是想选个亲中的。选自由党?上台后除了加税就是加费,活的都困难了,还管他亲不亲亚裔?何况自由党正是用拉拢少数族裔上台,在蹂躏全体族裔。还是先选福特,让我们以观后效吧。
回复

使用道具 举报

108#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-10 18:09:37 | 只看该作者
是啊,在“活的都困难了”的情况下,人的尊严当然就看得微不足道了。

可是我相信,把人的尊严看得比省几个税费钱还要重的人,还是大有人在的。

回复  zhengqi1
我倒是想选个亲中的。选自由党?上台后除了加税就是加费,活的都困难了,还管他亲不亲亚裔?何况自由党正是用拉拢少数族裔上台,在蹂躏全体族裔。还是先选福特,让我们以观后效吧。
小小灵通 发表于 2010-10-10 18:18
回复

使用道具 举报

109#
发表于 2010-10-11 07:34:01 | 只看该作者
是啊,在“活的都困难了”的情况下,人的尊严当然就看得微不足道了。

可是我相信,把人的尊严看得比省几个税费钱还要重的人,还是大有人在的。
zhengqi1 发表于 2010-10-10 19:09

让选举结果说话吧。再说你非要把一个市长选举上纲到尊严的层面,有点言重了。
FORD的那句话根本不是什么贬义,反倒是让别有用心的自由党利用,欺负亚裔对英语了解不深,这才是利用文化差异把亚裔当枪使,让亚裔真正地暴露和本土文化的不融合。让我们失去尊严的是自由党才对。
回复

使用道具 举报

110#
发表于 2010-10-11 08:34:53 | 只看该作者
我现在遇到两个问题:
1、从8月1日开始我从markham搬家到downtown toronto,是不是到现在居住的最近投票站出示所要的证件就可以投票了?还需要做些什么呢?因为搬家了。
2、我究竟该投谁的票?
1)如果有华人候选人,我绝对投华人的票,但如果存在多个华人候选人而不能全投票,如何取舍?
2)如果没有华人候选人,我该投谁的票?听话听音,我只有通过看华文报纸揣测了。
回复

使用道具 举报

111#
发表于 2010-10-11 08:37:01 | 只看该作者
上次联邦选举,我没投哈伯所在党的票,主要原因是我判断哈伯更会玩政治,我把票投给了比哈珀差的党,可不起作用【哈伯还是当选总理了】,只略表达我的心情而已。
回复

使用道具 举报

112#
发表于 2010-10-11 08:39:55 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 经天纬地 于 2010-10-11 09:41 编辑

我认为华人投票可以有两大原则:
1、把票投给对华人许诺更多且会兑现的候选人;
2、把票投给相比之下更废物的异己;
最理想的结果是:最废物、给华人的许诺最多且最有望当选。

好莱坞的电影明星施瓦辛格当加州州长,干得挺不错,多伦多、安省、加拿大怎么就不出这样的人呀?多出几个该多好。
回复

使用道具 举报

113#
发表于 2010-10-11 15:12:15 | 只看该作者
请看一下福特近十年来的“骄人”言行,想象一下如果多伦多有这样的市长,会是什么样。

转帖如下:

In Quotes
Rob Ford and a decade of controversy
Compiled by Jill Mahoney
Globe and Mail Update
Published Thursday, Aug. 19, 2010 1:02PM EDT
Last updated Thursday, Aug. 19, 2010 5:31PM EDT
161 comments Email  Print/License Decrease text size Increase text size  

Since he was first elected 10 years ago, Toronto city councillor and mayoral frontrunner Rob Ford has grabbed his fair share of headlines for controversial comments.

Here’s a selection of Mr. Ford’s more colourful remarks and revelations:

Aug. 19, 2010: Mr. Ford says he was charged with failing to provide a breathalyzer sample and marijuana possession while visiting Florida with his then-fiancée in 1999. However, the police arrest affidavit says he was charged with driving under the influence, not failing to provide a breathalyzer sample. Mr. Ford said he pleaded no contest to the breathalyzer charge, paid a fine and did 50 hours of community service. Mr. Ford’s admission comes on the same day The Toronto Sun ran a story about the drug charge, which was later dropped.

Aug. 17, 2010: During a televised mayoral debate, Mr. Ford says that in a “perfect world” Toronto would keep its population at current levels. “We can’t even deal with the 2.5 million people in this city. I think it’s more important that we take care of the people now before we start bringing in more.”

Rob Ford and volunteer Tom Beyer speak with Brian Hill while door-to-door canvassing in Scarborough on July 24, 2010.

Aug. 12, 2010: Mr. Ford tells The Toronto Sun that in-camera council meetings have “more corruption and skullduggery going on in there than I’ve ever seen in my life.” He also says council’s decision to award an untendered 20-year contract to a pub operator “stinks to high heaven.” Mayor David Miller slams the comments, saying they are irresponsible and unsupported.

Aug. 4, 2010: Mr. Ford endorses the views of a fundamentalist Christian pastor who said same-sex marriage could “dismantle” a “healthy democratic civilization.” Appearing alongside Pastor Wendell Brereton, Mr. Ford says: “We’re together. We have the same thoughts.” He adds: “I support traditional marriage. I always have. But if people want to, to each your own. I’m not worried about what people do in their private life. I look out for taxpayers’ money.”

July 14, 2010: A report in The Toronto Star says the Toronto District School Board asked Mr. Ford to stop coaching high school football after possibly roughing up a student player in 2001. Mr. Ford’s campaign vehemently denies the report, saying he quit voluntarily. Mr. Ford files a notice of intent to sue The Star. Jonathan Gordon, the former student, later tells The Globe and Mail that Mr. Ford never laid a hand on him.

What does OxyContin go for on the street, so I have an idea?

Dieter Doneit-Henderson is seen at his home in Etobicoke. Mr. Doneit-Hederson taped a phone conversation he had with Rob Ford in which Mr. Ford offered to help him him score OxyContin off the street.

June 17, 2010: The Toronto Sun reports that Mr. Ford offers to help an ill man “score” the powerful painkiller OxyContin in a taped phone conversation. “I’ll try buddy, I’ll try,” Mr. Ford tells Dieter Doneit-Henderson. “I don’t know this shit, but I’ll fucking try to find it.” A few moments later Mr. Ford asks: “What does OxyContin go for on the street, so I have an idea?” Mr. Ford later accuses Mr. Doneit-Henderson of setting him up, saying he only suggested buying illegal narcotics to get a scary stalker off the phone.

June 14, 2010: A poll by The Globe and Mail/CTV/CP24/Nanos puts Mr. Ford in the lead, with 17.8 per cent of support compared to rival George Smitherman’s 15.9 per cent.

March 26, 2008: After Mr. Ford’s wife, Renata, calls police to their home, Mr. Ford is arrested and charged with assaulting her and uttering a death threat. A month later, prosecutors drop the charges because inconsistencies in Ms. Ford’s accounts make a conviction unlikely. “It’s the happiest time in my life when my family’s all together. … That's all I wanted from the very beginning and that’s what I have now,” Mr. Ford tells reporters.

Those Oriental people work like dogs. … They’re slowly taking over.

Kristyn Wong-Tam and supporters lie on the floor outside Councillor Rob Ford's office to demand an apology for his comments about "Oriental people."

March 5, 2008: During a council debate over holiday shopping, Mr. Ford says: “Those Oriental people work like dogs. … They’re slowly taking over.” He later corrects his use of the word “Oriental” but defends Asians as hard-working people. “When I said working like a dog, I was brought up, my father told me every day to ‘Get out of bed and work like a dog, son.’ A dog means you’re a hard worker.”

March 7, 2007: During a council budget debate, Mr. Ford says: “What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later, you’re going to get bitten. And every year we have dozens of people that get hit by cars or trucks. Well, no wonder. Roads are built for buses, cars and trucks. Not for people on bikes. And my heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.” (See video above.)

If you’re not doing needles and you’re not gay, you won't get AIDS, probably.
June 28, 2006: During a council debate on public-health grants for community-based AIDS-prevention programs, Mr. Ford says: “If you’re not doing needles and you’re not gay, you won't get AIDS, probably.”

Councilor Rob Ford walks past a "no bull" poster after announcing his bid to run for mayor of Toronto in March 25, 2010.

April 15, 2006: Security guards remove a drunken and belligerent Mr. Ford from a Maple Leafs game after he shouts insults at an out-of-town couple. The attacks began after the man asks Mr. Ford to be quiet. Mr. Ford responds: “Who the fuck do you think you are? Are you a fucking teacher?” Failing to get a response, he turns his attention to the man’s wife: “Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and get raped and shot?” The couple realizes the angry man’s identity after Mr. Ford leaves behind a business card. When reporters confront Mr. Ford with the couple’s complaint, he denies being at the hockey game. A day later, he comes clean, saying he lied because he felt “embarrassed and humiliated.” He also says: “I had one too many beers and I sincerely apologize.” Mr. Ford later e-mails the couple an apology, writing: “My complete lack of manners were unprofessional, immature, and do not in any way reflect my usual behaviour in public.”

Dec. 7, 2005: Railing against new powers for the mayor, Mr. Ford says: “Giving the mayor more power for this council is like giving criminals free guns.” The comment draws a chorus of unsuccessful demands for him to withdraw the remark.

Toronto City Councillor Gloria Lindsay Luby in December, 2006.

July 23, 2005: During a council debate over a pothole, Mr. Ford calls fellow Councillor Gloria Lindsay Luby “a joke. She’s a waste of time. A waste of skin.”

July 19, 2005: During a council debate over speeding up construction of affordable housing units, Mr. Ford says: “People do not want government housing built in the city of Toronto. They want roads fixed, more police presence, but they don’t want more government housing that will depreciate the value of their property.”

June 14, 2005: Mr. Ford questions the utility of grant programs for transgendered and transsexual people during a council debate. “I don’t understand. No. 1, I don’t understand a transgender, I don’t understand, is it a guy dressed up like a girl or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we’re funding this for, I don’t know, what does it say here? We’re giving them $3,210?”

April 17, 2002: During a council debate on whether there should be homeless shelters across the city, rather than only downtown, Mr. Ford says: “This is an insult to my constituents to even think about having a homeless shelter in their ward. And you want me to have a public meeting to discuss this? Why don’t we have a public lynching?” (See video above.)

Toronto City Councillor George Mammoliti speaks to the media about a verbal exchange with Councillor Rob Ford, during which Mr. Ford is accused of calling Mr. Mammoliti a "Gino-boy." — J.P. Moczulski/The Globe and Mail

March 6, 2002: During a council budget debate, Mr. Ford calls fellow Councillor George Mammoliti a “Gino-boy.” Mr. Mammoliti says the remark is a racial slur: “I heard it in school. Hearing it at city hall shocks me.” Mr. Ford denies making the remark.

June 13, 2001: Mr. Ford questions a grant for a video about homosexuality in Toronto’s South Asian community, telling The National Post: “I have no problem giving money out to physically or mentally handicapped children or seniors, but spending $5,000 on this video is disgusting, it is absolutely disgusting to spend this amount of money on this, whatever it was called, video.”
zhengqi1 发表于 2010-10-7 21:29

致力於「族裔平等、人類尊嚴與社會公平」的倡權組織為多倫多市長候選人推動「族裔公平」方面評分,史振民(George Smitherman)得分最高,為B+;福特(Rob Ford)則不及格,為F;介於中間的為彭德龍(Joe Pantalone),得分B,羅西為(Rocco Rossi)C分。
回复

使用道具 举报

114#
发表于 2010-10-11 15:20:09 | 只看该作者
NO MORE LAND TRANSFER FEES!
NO MORE VEHICLE REGISTRATION FEES!
NO MORE UNION BULLIES!
VOTE FOR FORD!!
XPD 发表于 2010-10-5 11:31

福特尚未当选,已经开始食言了。除了预算数字对不上,无法实现,福特近日又表示“Land Transfer fee”不会那么快去掉。
回复

使用道具 举报

115#
发表于 2010-10-11 18:43:08 | 只看该作者
住在BC省的飘过......
回复

使用道具 举报

116#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-11 19:44:59 | 只看该作者
致力於「族裔平等、人類尊嚴與社會公平」的倡權組織為多倫多市長候選人推動「族裔公平」方面評分,史振民(George Smitherman)得分最高,為B+;福特(Rob Ford)則不及格,為F;介於中間的為彭德龍(Joe Pantalone),得分B,羅西為(Rocco Rossi)C分。
骑兵连连长 发表于 2010-10-11 16:12

加拿大一向标榜所谓族裔平等、人类尊严之类的漂亮言辞。 福特竟然不及格,令人意外。
回复

使用道具 举报

117#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-11 19:52:44 | 只看该作者
福特尚未当选,已经开始食言了。除了预算数字对不上,无法实现,福特近日又表示“Land Transfer fee”不会那么快去掉。
骑兵连连长 发表于 2010-10-11 16:20

福特参选之初承诺上任即废除两税(汽车登记税及土地转让税),但10月8日的财政方案已经修改为土地转让税最早要到2012年才能废除。

还没上台,先前的承诺已经改口,上台又会怎样,谁知道? 呵呵,政客的承诺是最靠不住的。
回复

使用道具 举报

118#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-11 19:54:25 | 只看该作者
我现在遇到两个问题:
1、从8月1日开始我从markham搬家到downtown toronto,是不是到现在居住的最近投票站出示所要的证件就可以投票了?还需要做些什么呢?因为搬家了。
2、我究竟该投谁的票?
1)如果有华人候选人,我绝对投华人的票,但如果存在多个华人候选人而不能全投票,如何取舍?
2)如果没有华人候选人,我该投谁的票?听话听音,我只有通过看华文报纸揣测了。
经天纬地 发表于 2010-10-11 09:34

有没有华人参选你不知道? 呵呵...
回复

使用道具 举报

119#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-11 19:55:59 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 zhengqi1 于 2010-10-11 21:11 编辑

那段话是褒义还是贬义,你心里应该清楚。不必揣着明白装糊涂吧?

选举结果能说明什么? 上台以后是否能够和真正兑现承诺才是最重要的。

你看报吗?

福特承诺上台后每年通过废除“公平薪酬政策”节省8% (即8000万元),但问题是,至2007年为止,73%的市政承包工程都已经工会化,福特能从27%的非工会合同中节省出8000万元来?
The Smell Test: Scrapping the fair wage policy

Toronto Star, Fri Oct 8 2010

Claim: Rob Ford says he will save $80 million a year — $320 million in his first term as mayor — by scrapping the city’s fair wage policy.

Background: In Ford’s newly released financial impact statement, he promises to reduce purchasing costs by 8 per cent (to $920 million a year from $1 billion) by scrapping the fair wage policy, arguing it “stifles competition in the marketplace.”
The policy, enacted in 1893, requires that companies bidding on city work pay employees at a set rate that reflects industry standards, a rate comparable to union wages. Proponents believe the policy nixes any competitive advantage gleaned by underpaying workers, while critics such as Ford believe the policy creates an artificially high benchmark bidding price.

Ford also said he will call on the province to repeal legislation that binds municipalities to hire out to nine specific unions that represent a sector of trades known as institutional, commercial and industrial (ICI).

Smell test: Given the vagaries of the market, and without further specifics on Ford’s numbers, the claim is hard to nail down.
Wages represent about 33 per cent of costs on Toronto construction projects. Ford doesn’t say how his $1 billion figure breaks down, or how he came up with the estimate of 8 per cent, but it seems unlikely that gutting the fair wage policy will result in carving out such a significant chunk. In 2007, the city spent just over $185 million on labour wages.

Moreover, some indicators suggest the move may not create more competition. The vast majority of Toronto’s construction market is unionized, and the fair wage policy doesn’t affect those companies. In 2007, 73 per cent of Toronto’s construction contracts went to unionized firms.

Lastly, the likelihood of Ford convincing the province to rescind the provincial legislation that binds Toronto to the ICI unions is also low, given the probability of “long and protracted litigation” (as one city report investigating the idea concluded).
Verdict: Sour.

让选举结果说话吧。再说你非要把一个市长选举上纲到尊严的层面,有点言重了。
FORD的那句话根本不是什么贬义,反倒是让别有用心的自由党利用,欺负亚裔对英语了解不深,这才是利用文化差异把亚裔当枪使,让亚裔真正地暴露和本土文化的不融合。让我们失去尊严的是自由党才对。
小小灵通 发表于 2010-10-11 08:34
回复

使用道具 举报

120#
发表于 2010-10-11 20:06:24 | 只看该作者
有没有华人参选你不知道? 呵呵...
zhengqi1 发表于 2010-10-11 20:54

我不知道,我比较忙,还没来得及了解情况。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则