温度感觉: 12°
查看: 1128|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

公校私校 到底那个较好?

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-3-29 00:57:53 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

相关文章内容摘要

公校私校,到底那个较好?资深校教师表示,不论公私还是私校,家长如关心孩子的学习情况,陪他们做功课,就是给孩子最好的教育。 目前任教于北约克 York Mill C.I. 公立学校的资深教师 Rick 张表示,私校与公校的教 ... [ 查看全文 ]

§ 发表于 2004-11-13
Not all private schools are good, especially when it comes to academics.  Be very careful when you make a choice.  If a school has a very high staff turnover rate, it tells you something.  I took my son and daughter out of a private school that is close to my home (Don Mills and York Mills area) last year for some good reason.  When a school is desperate enough to hire any one to be a teacher, you do not get your money worth.  My daughter's Grade One teacher was excellent, but that was the only one well-liked teacher in that school.  My son's Grade Four learning was a write-off.  The teacher was incompetent.

I have been teaching high school English in Ontario since 1998, and strongly agree with one thing that you have mentioned in your article.  That is that parents' support is the key to children's academic success.  If I may add one thing, I would say that the prime time for teaching and learning is before-school age.  My daughter, at age five, was reading a 300-page chapter book in a shopping cart in Costco one day. A mother was impressed and came over to ask me, "Your daughter is a good reader.  My son is three now.  I want him to be like your daughter some day.  When do you think I should start reading to him?"  I told her, "You are three years late."  

To set children up for academic success, parents' teaching is the key.  The earlier, the better.  It terms of academics, there is no difference between public schools and private schools.  Young children are like sponges when it comes to learning.  Don't wait until that sponge gets old and hardens up.  Start teaching your children yourself, now!  I do not mind getting email messages from you if you wish to share parenting skills or teaching experience.  You can reach me (Ruowen) at [email protected]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表