发表于 2009-2-2 15:25:26 | 只看该作者
这是典型的CAS式的威胁。
是西方强权文化真正的信仰。他们的真正相信的只有暴力。而且是“只许州官放火,不许百姓点灯”式的暴力。CAS总是乐于寻找证据,无中生有,然后惩罚孩子及父母。
中国哲学与这些西式强盗哲学的最大不同是出发点是“善”或“仁”。不管是用鼓励还是惩罚这两个对立统一两个方面的哪一面都是真正为了孩子。
而CAS及其有关利益组织的出发点是他们自己的利益,这使他们不可避免的堕落为恶魔。

老兄, 你一味地支持打孩子, 你才是”真正相信的只有暴力“

CAS盯上了这些崇尚暴力的父母, 真是太合适不过了

至于你所说的的”中国哲学“, 不过是儒学罢了,独裁统治者的工具而已。 真正的中国哲学思想已经被嬴政消灭了。

现在你老兄不讲”打“孩子了, 改成”惩罚“了   可一定要记住。 ”惩罚“ 和”打“ 可相差甚远呢!
回复

使用道具 举报

183#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-2-8 11:39:45 | 只看该作者
回复

使用道具 举报

184#
发表于 2009-2-8 12:00:21 | 只看该作者
法官也很头疼CAS.
回复

使用道具 举报

185#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-2-9 13:38:33 | 只看该作者
再加一段:
-------------------------------------------------------
Beeble
Beeble

(309 of 315)
Re: Children's Aid Society Corruption
Sep 22, 2008 3:51 AM

The nightmare never ends.
I have a granddaughter that was Born in B.C.. Her mom (My daughter) took her to live with her grandfather (my X). He said there was a job waiting for my daughter and they could stay with him. Well the job was not there. When my daughter went to visit my granddaughters dad . My daughters dad showed up and dropped all their stuff off and said he could not afford to help her. After talking her into coming across Canada. So she went to the government agency to get help so she can get a place for her and her daughter. Instead the government called children`s aid with in 24 hours they took my granddaughter said the house was not safe for her. My daughter moved to a place that they approved, but that was not go enough for them . They wanted her and the babies dad to go to parent classes so they did that ,but that was not go enough either. Then we fined out that because they were only in Ontario for a month and a half they were not resident of Ontario. They have to be living in a provence for at least three month before they become a resident of that Provence. Then they told us it was to late to do anything about it. Not one of the lawyers said a world about this law. I believe they had her already picked for a family because now matter what hoops my daughter jump through it was not good enough for them . Remembrance day is the day the court took her from our family. Now we have to wait till she is eighteen before we can look for her. She is only five this year.
-------------------------------------------------------
from http://boards.aetv.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300012892&start=0
回复

使用道具 举报

186#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-2-23 17:14:48 | 只看该作者

2007年又有90名孩子在CAS“保护”下死亡

http://www.thestar.com/article/591523

STAR EXCLUSIVE: CHILD WELFARE TRAGEDY
TheStar.com | News & Features | Why did 90 children die?
Why did 90 children die?
SHUTTERSTOCK
Email Story Email story
Print Print
Text Size Text Size Text Size Choose text size
Report Typo Report typo or correction
iCopyright License this article
AddThis

CRIES FOR HELP

Irwin Elman became child advocate just as news broke last summer about 7-year-old Katelynn Sampson's death in a Parkdale apartment.

Many serious questions came to my mind ... that could similarly apply to many of the other children and youth in care who died in the past year.

The child welfare system may have been in Katelynn's life and that of her family over many years. How did that service help her and her family? Reports indicate that her school had not seen her for several months prior to her death, nor had she often been observed in public by neighbours during the same period. What is the responsibility of the school system for child protection and well-being? Who were the adults in Katelynn's life – neighbours, shopkeepers, crossing guards, and others whom children get to know? Katelynn resided in Toronto's Parkdale community, one under some strain. Would resources not made available to Katelynn and her family in that community – resources accessible to more advantaged children in other parts of the city – have made a difference in her life? Where were the supports for the family?

Elman's office doesn't have the legislative power to ensure access to information about children and youth involved in the child welfare system.

The issue came to a head at the end of July when the office received a complaint from a youth in detention. He cited physical abuse, and we set out to investigate. The detention centre was already the subject of a review by our office because of other complaints.

Our staff contacted the appropriate person in the Ministry of Children and Youth Services and attempted to get the relevant reports and photographs of his injuries. Those attempts were rebuffed over the next three months, as the ministry took the position that under its guidelines we were not entitled to the information. Obviously, then, we were unable to advocate well for this particular individual. In late November, we commenced an application in the Ontario Court of Justice to obtain the information from the Ministry of hildren and Youth Services.

Excerpt from a letter to a children's aid society from a youth in care:

We feel as if we are constantly being watched, bedrooms feel like holding cells ... I would like small things like having my hygiene products in the bathroom as I would at home, a cozy bedroom decorated to my liking with my personal belongings but most of all an environment we can call home temporarily.
Advocate a voice for kids in care
Irwin Elman was just weeks into his job as the province's first independent child advocate last summer when Toronto was rocked by the murder of 7-year-old Katelynn Sampson, allegedly at the hands of her legal guardian.
Ontario's child advocate was appalled to learn how many in the province's welfare system die each year and is equally shocked at how difficult it is to get answers
Feb 23, 2009 04:30 AM
Comments on this story (34)
Laurie Monsebraaten
SOCIAL JUSTICE REPORTER

Ninety children known to Ontario's child welfare system died in 2007, according to the latest report from the chief coroner's office – a number the province's new child advocate says is shocking and should trouble us all.

Equally disturbing, says Irwin Elman in his first annual report to the Legislature today, is the government's refusal to share detailed information on these deaths with his office.

"These are obviously very critical documents for the understanding of the events leading to the death of the child or youth, and entirely necessary for the work of the Advocacy Office," Elman writes in the report entitled 90 Deaths: Ninety Voices Silenced. "The matter of access to information is one that we will pursue vigorously."

In an interview, Elman, who has worked with youth in the care of children's aid societies in Toronto for more than 20 years, said he had "no idea" so many of these vulnerable children, who were either open cases of the CAS or had died within a year of their files being closed, could perish in a single year in Ontario. Nor did he know that the number of children who have died has been constant since the late 1990s when the Coroner's office began tracking their deaths.

When he asked medical officers of health and colleagues in child welfare, they, too, were surprised by the number and urged him to speak out, Elman said.

It is why the deaths are highlighted on the cover of his 25-page report, he said, with the face of a child whose mouth is covered by a red banner reading "90 deaths, ninety voices silenced."

Elman notes the deaths represent less than a quarter of all children who died in the province in 2007 and are a fraction of the 26,260 open cases of children's aid societies. But the number of deaths is "too high by any standard."

"These are children that we, as a province, have determined are in some peril and should be receiving the best of what we, as their parents, have to offer," he said. "So how could 90 of them die? I want all of us to be thinking about that."

Gaining more access to information about children and youth involved in the child welfare and youth criminal justice systems, and broadening his office's legal right to the coroner's files on deaths are key goals this year, he said.

"We need (this information) to help resolve issues that youth have contacted us about, to know how to respond to incidents involving children and youth in care and to investigate any deaths among our charges," his report says.

The 90 deaths in 2007 are recorded as part of the chief coroner's annual Pediatric Death Review Committee report released last June. They include children and youths in foster care, whose families had open files with a children's aid society or had died within a year of their files being closed.

Most of the deaths were preventable, the committee concluded.

Sixteen were accidental; nine were listed as suicides; four were homicides; eight died from natural causes and could probably not have been prevented; 22 were considered undetermined, which means there was no evidence for any specific classification or they fit within more than one classification; 17 are yet to be assigned a classification; and 14 were not considered appropriate by the Coroner for investigation because their deaths were expected due to fragile health.

Of the 76 classified deaths, 34 were babies younger than one year old and 24 were youths between the ages of 12 and 18.

The report provides broad geographical information about where in the province the children died, but there is no information about ethnicity, family income and community resources, or if the child was in foster care or living with parents. (In an interview, a spokesperson for the coroner's office said 14 of the classified deaths in 2007 were children in foster care.)

Prevention strategies suggested in the coroner's report include safer sleeping arrangements for babies; co-ordinated mental health services for youth; better supervision; educating caregivers early in a baby's life to be more mindful; and paying more attention to children's medical needs.

Elman says his office must focus on the deaths and strive to understand the circumstances – broad and specific – to ensure the children are safe and thriving.

"I would like to honour the kids who died by looking at their journeys and using them to help the living in as broad a sense as we can," he said. In his report, Elman says his office will request legal standing at all inquests into deaths of children in the system and will conduct an independent review of jury recommendations dating back 10 years to determine trends and gaps.

The office receives about 3,000 phone calls for help each year from among more than 20,000 children and youth in contact with Children's Aid. Those in foster care are there because of parental neglect or abuse and many feel their lives are spinning out of control, the report says. Worse, many say the stigma of being connected to the system is overwhelming.

Elman wants his office to do more to reach out and give these children a voice and a role in improving their lives. And he hopes to form regional youth reference groups so their concerns can be heard.

The report includes a section and letter addressed directly to children and youth in care, advising them of their rights and urging them to phone the office – collect if they can't access the 1-800-263-2841 number – if they need help.

"Children and youth like you have overcome tremendous barriers in the past to become loving parents, lawyers, professors, plumbers, artists, activists – you name it," Elman writes. "We are here to help you with the hard work and courage needed for you to take the risks to overcome barriers you face," he adds. "I intend to lead an office ... that demonstrates each day our belief in you."

The office will work to implement Jordan's Principle – named for a First Nations child in Manitoba – which aims to ensure conflicts over which level of government has financial responsibility to help a status Indian or Inuit child are settled after the service is provided.

For Northern Ontario, where only one advocate fields calls from 15 child welfare agencies, the report said the office will appoint a special director or deputy provincial advocate to consult with the community on how best to proceed. New measures, which likely won't take effect until later in the year, would need additional funding, the report says.

The child advocate's annual budget when the office existed as part of the provincial ministry of children and youth services was $1.8 million. But it will top $3.9 million in this, its first year as an independent office.

Still, the report notes that with a staff of just 21, including 13 advocates, Ontario has the smallest per capita staff and budget of any provincial children and youth advocate's office and may need more resources in the future to fulfill its mandate.
回复

使用道具 举报

187#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-3-6 19:51:18 | 只看该作者
阿尔伯塔一男孩重伤于寄养家庭

Alberta mother prays for baby son injured in foster care
Last Updated: Friday, March 6, 2009 | 4:20 PM MT
CBC News

The mother of a 15-month-old Alberta boy who was seriously hurt at his Strathmore foster home this week says doctors have told her he may die from his injuries.

"They say if he does make it, he won't be the same — he'll have cerebral palsy because he has so much trauma to the head," the mother told the media Friday outside Calgary's Alberta Children's Hospital, where her baby remained in critical condition.

"All we are doing right now is praying for him," she said.

The mother, who is from the Tsuu T'ina First Nation, said her only other child, a daughter, had been in the same foster home, but she was removed after her son was admitted to hospital on Monday.

The province should hold a public inquiry into the entire foster-care system and give it a major overhaul, he said.

‘http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2009/03/06/foster-child.html’
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表