温度感觉: 21°
查看: 8709|回复: 21
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[讨论] 反租霸 房东如何提交和查询房客的信用记录?

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-2-22 12:57:03 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 加拿大老张 于 2013-2-22 15:44 编辑

加拿大租霸们滥用法律, 白住半年多, 让房东没有租金, 还要打官司破财, 损失惨重.  如何提交房客的交租的记录到房客的信用记录上, 使租霸们的行径在信用记录上暴露? 另外, 房东如何查询房客以往交租的信用记录, 让房东们避开租霸?

大公司rogers bell 可以把客户的欠费记录放到客户的信用记录上,房东们如何提交房客的交租记录到房客的信用记录上?

请教了~~~~~
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 13:04:09 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 加拿大老张 于 2013-2-22 13:05 编辑

业主出租物业希望按时收租,如果不幸遇到「租霸」,收不到房租更要因为单位被破坏要钱维修,赔了夫人又折兵。位于温哥华岛卑诗省府维多利亚的一「租霸」家庭,2年来不付租金先后被6个房东驱逐,成为租霸。房东不但数月房租泡汤,加上诉讼及清理垃圾费,共损失约2万元。房东估计租霸是精心设局,入住拒交房租后又滥用租客权利不断上诉,以便拖延搬走免费居住。该苦主呼吁省府,修改相关法规以杜绝「租霸」恶行。

房东洛尤拉称看到2岁及4岁的女童甚示同情。霍尔特比自称是电脑软件专家,洛尤拉曾以他提供的雇主电话致电核实,留言未获回覆。洛尤拉更以他提供的电话,致电一女子询问此人的过往租房历史,对方不停称赞霍尔特比是「模范租客」。

该四口之家去年9月入住后数日,银行通知洛尤拉租客的支票不兑现,涉嫌欠租男子霍尔特比所称任职公司的电话也无法接通,洛尤拉感觉不妙,此后向租客催缴房租未果,经向卑诗住宅租赁办公室(Residential Tenancy Branch)申请,并经法庭判决,终于今年1月2日才赶走「租霸」霍尔特比。

霍尔特比家庭在屋内留下大量垃圾,洛尤拉花费1,200元雇用2辆货车才将垃圾清走。加上4个月房租及司法及强制执行等费用,她不但未收到任何租金,还损失约2万元。

洛尤拉说后来才明白中了圈套,有心精心设局,拒交房租后,白住半年。他们对相关租务及司法程序十分熟悉,不但充分利用上诉等所有权利,且将时间尽可能拖长。
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 13:18:12 | 只看该作者
房东们还在思考, 等~~~~~~~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 13:56:39 | 只看该作者
从版在ODBC混. 这信用记录不能只是大公司和银行可以提交和查询滴, 房东也是提供服务滴, 如何提交和查询房客信用记录泥?
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 14:37:47 | 只看该作者
本地律师韦斯列德(Mark Weisleder)表示,他在接受房东们的民事咨询的时候,最常见的问题就是“是否可以问租客要社会保险号(SIN)”。

警方常常教育民众,社保号十分重要、不能够随便泄露,因为窃贼可以使用此信息来获取假信用卡和破坏我们的信用评级……然而,社保号可以让房东和容易地查到房客的租住史,所以本省法律并没有限制房东在“面试”租客时索要这个信息,但是房东必须替人家保密。

作为租客,他(她)并非必须向房东提供社保号;但是在这种情况下,他(她)就必须给出自己的全名、生日。租客还可能被要求提供银行信息(banking information),房东可以通过信用报告机构(credit reporting agencies)查询到租客的信用记录,这和提供社保号有着一样的意义。

房东有权问的问题还包括:

有多少人将与你生活在一起、他们叫什么名字?(How many people will be living with you and what are their names?)

你在哪儿工作?(Where do you work?)

我可否看看你的介绍信?(May I see your references?)

你收入多少?(What is your income?)

你养不养宠物、都是什么?(What kind of pets do you keep?)

你是会经营进行家庭式生意?(Will you be conducting a home based business?)

我可否检查你的信用?(May I do a credit check on you?)
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 14:57:51 | 只看该作者
做过出租公寓管理员的, 大概有经验.
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 15:43:53 | 只看该作者
发现一个网站, 可以查房客的信用记录/犯罪记录/被驱逐的记录, 不知道权威性如何:

http://www.tenantverification.com
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 15:53:30 | 只看该作者
又发现一个网站, 可以查房客的信用记录/犯罪记录/被驱逐的记录, 不知道权威性如何:

http://www.atenantscreen.com
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 15:58:06 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 加拿大老张 于 2013-2-22 16:06 编辑

Q: How do I check a potential renter's credit history on-line?

had the potential renter fill out and application and sign approval for me to do a credit check. Now I'm having a problem figuring out how. If I go to equifax.com, it asks for all my information for my credit check but not how to do it on someone else. Do I just fill in his information as if I'm him but use my email address? Any suggestions?

I also contacted a local rental screening agency but they require an annual membership which is overkill to rent one house.

A: Do not do as you suggest at Equifax.com, that is fraud and you will not obtain a report.

You can obtain a credit report on a tenant by joining a service to do so.

Not all services charge and annual fee. The reason that you have to join is that you need to meet certain requirements, provide specific documentation that you own the home and have the applicant's permission to run the report.

Here are two services. I, personally use:

http://www.clearscreening.com/CreditReports.htm

http://www.clearscreening.com/CreditRepo

... but this is another reliable service...

http://www.mrlandlord.com/onlinechecks.html

http://www.mrlandlord.com/onlinechecks.h

Both are fairly cheap and easy to set up accounts with. Neither has an annual fee - they only charge per report.
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 16:08:43 | 只看该作者
You must go thu a screening service and pay some kind of fee. You must go thru a screener so they can make sure that ONLY landlords are accessing the information. This is regulated for a reason.

Every screening agency has different fees. Just research them until you find one you like at a decent price.

I'm a property manager
回复

使用道具 举报

11#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 16:09:40 | 只看该作者
You have to go to one of the three credit bureau offices and sign and identify who you are. You can't access the information on line. Last I knew the fee is $15
回复

使用道具 举报

12#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 16:16:26 | 只看该作者
Q: How do you check the credit history of a person (a possible tenant) ?
If I contact Equifax or TransUnion can I ask them to give me the credit file for a person which wants to rent my property ?

A1: as an individual you can't. i used http://www.rentcheckcorp.com/ for several years and had good experience with them. when setting up the account, they check you and you need to sign some paperwork. one is a statement that you will only ask for credit checks on people applying for tenancy that have agreed to let you check. i think this is the law anyway. once a potential tenant signs off to give you permission, you ask rentcheck to do it. they email you very quickly a report from the two credit companies in canada. approx cost $55

i noticed that as soon as i told the potential tenant i would run a credit check, most would disappear. if you're renting to low-income people, they will have bad stuff on the report. don't waste your money without getting a deposit. usually, the request for a deposit (fully refundable) will make the scammers and bums run.

when i closed my account with rent check, it went smoothly too.

A2: Beeg recommended me to join ontariolandlord.ca and use equifax and/or TVS. They are $10 after a membership fee of $99. I have not used them before in the past as we also used rentcheck. However, I will be taking the advice from Beeg and go with that instead.

I have been following Beeg 's threads and responses for quite a while and I would also have no issue in following his advise. Beeg is very knowledgeable when it comes to rental properties. I have acuatlly several alot of my cleints who bought homes to rent out to follow his treads

A3: I use Tenant Verification Services. It's about $20 per query and doesn't require a membership.
回复

使用道具 举报

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 16:21:35 | 只看该作者
Finding the right tenant for your rental property may take some time. Conducting a proper screening process can eliminate many of the potential problems that may occur later on. Running a credit check is one indicator of whether a tenant is financially responsible and will pay his rent on time. Landlords often request consumer reports when considering rental applications.

1. Have the prospective tenant complete a rental application with her name, current address and telephone number, and any previous addresses in recent years. You will also need her social security number, driver’s license number, employer information and contact information. If a couple is applying for the rental unit, get this information for both so you have what you need to order a credit report and conduct a thorough tenant screening.

2. Include a statement in the application authorizing you to request a copy of the applicant's credit report, and have the applicant sign and date the application. if a couple is applying, they both need to sign and date the application.

3. Verify that the applicant is really who she says she is. Ask to see a form of photo I.D., and make a copy to keep with the application.

4. Order a credit report from any of the three major credit bureaus--Equifax, Experian or TransUnion. Since each credit agency’s report can contain different information, it may be more helpful to request a report from each one.

5. Look over the credit report for collections, defaults, evictions, charge-offs, bankruptcy or judgments noted in the report. A credit report is divided into different sections, including identifying information, credit history, public records and inquiries. Although a landlord may use a credit report to verify identifying information, the credit history and public records sections are where to find the financial data.
Tenant Credit Reportswww.Info.com
For Landlords Info. Access 10 Search Engines At Once.

Get Pre-Approved Today.www.NorthwoodMortgage.com
Self-Employed We Can Help Lower Rates. Free Consultation.

Credit Card ConsolidationCanadianDebtServices.com
Make Only 1 Lower Monthly Payment, $20k Debt min. Featured on CNN

Delete Bad Creditwww.canadacreditfix.com
Canada Credit Fix We help fix credit your credit fast
回复

使用道具 举报

14#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-22 16:34:36 | 只看该作者
有200个以上单元出租的, 可以从equifax购买查询租客信用的服务.
回复

使用道具 举报

15#