温度感觉: 12°
  • 实时天气:温尼伯
    温度感觉:
打印 上一主题 下一主题

请高手指点, 帮忙翻译这句

196#
发表于 2010-4-8 23:38:30 | 只看该作者
英文不好,不敢乱发言。

看了鸟人和7号的“争论”,感觉这句话会不会像同志一词一样,在文革时是人们口中出现率最高的词,但后来被人付与了新的含义,当然也要看新的含义的popular程度了。所以也不必争出个你是我非来。

对鸟人的开放的思维和处理争论的风度赞一下。

7号和鸟人有些个人恩怨所以有些出言不逊,可以原谅。比起5毛来,骂人要幼稚多了。;)

希望没得罪那位。

英文不好,不敢乱发言哈。
回复

使用道具 举报

197#
发表于 2010-4-9 12:59:35 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 香港来的鸟人 于 2010-4-9 12:02 编辑
英文不好,不敢乱发言。

看了鸟人和7号的“争论”,感觉这句话会不会像同志一词一样,在文革时是人们口中出现率最高的词,但后来被人付与了新的含义,当然也要看新的含义的popular程度了。所以也不必争出个你是我非来。

对鸟人的开放的思维和处理争论的风度赞一下。

7号和鸟人有些个人恩怨所以有些出言不逊,可以原谅。比起5毛来,骂人要幼稚多了。

希望没得罪那位。

英文不好,不敢乱发言哈。
绿林好汉 发表于 2010-4-8 22:38

"敌进我退,敌驻我扰,敌疲我打,敌退我追" -- I like that.

Good comments :thumbu:

Getting zhengqi1 to come up with 少经世事未知悔 & 无悔不是真人生 is what made it worth it. Besides, I got promoted from 新手上路 to 注册会员 almost on the strength of this thread alone; I have no complaint. :wink:
回复

使用道具 举报

198#
发表于 2010-4-9 13:14:38 | 只看该作者
什么good comment???绿林以为自己是住在Huntington的Robin Hood呢!!!上次绿林出口帮助的是每天打老婆的坏男人。
回复

使用道具 举报

199#
发表于 2010-4-9 13:56:45 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 香港来的鸟人 于 2010-4-9 12:58 编辑

.......所以有些出言不逊,可以原谅。.....。
绿林好汉 发表于 2010-4-8 22:38

好汉, 再原谅他,"因为他不知道他 说了什么", 保护好另一边脸就行了. :O
回复

使用道具 举报

200#
发表于 2010-4-9 16:16:35 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 老迅 于 2010-4-9 17:19 编辑

花了几个小时看完了所有帖子,受益匪浅。在我看来,鸟人无疑是参与这场讨论的所有人中英文最好的,但他的文风有点浮华(chichi),有矫揉造作、堆砌词藻、卖弄之嫌,这是我不欣赏的地方。我更欣赏牧师布道以及politicians 做演讲时的平实(earthy)风格。可能这就是中国人常说的境界吧。。从穷人-富人-贵族,it takes time. 就英文水平而言,许多移民还处于"穷人"和"富人"之间。另外,鸟人英文不错,但要找出他的错误也并非难事,我指的是拼写以外的非低级错误。这句话本是一句平常话(并非谚语/格言,尽管有点哲理意味),但能引起如此热烈的讨论,颇有点tempest in a teapot 的意味。再次使我想起小时候读过的盲人摸象的故事。归根结底还是我们对西方文化抱着一种叶公好龙的态度,没有想真正了解、拥抱的意愿。这句话体现的是西方文化中崇尚冒险,大胆尝试的元素。遗憾的是这在中国传统文化中没有,所以诉诸唐诗宋词,孔孟之道找对应的圣人语录,就有点缘木求鱼,或者说削足适履,结果一定是词不达意,更遑论翻译的境界了。
最后有个问题想请教标榜中立的鸟人:
街上有一群流氓真在欺侮几个路过的行人,你正好目击了此事,你会如何反应呢?
A.听取双方的意见 B. 隔岸观火,看西洋景  C. 继续前行,装着没看到 D. 挺身而出,拔刀相助。
回复

使用道具 举报

201#
发表于 2010-4-9 16:31:11 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 香港来的鸟人 于 2010-4-9 15:43 编辑
花了几个小时看完了所有帖子,受益匪浅。在我看来,鸟人无疑是参与这场讨论的所有人中英文最好的,但他的文风有点浮华(chichi),有矫揉造作、堆砌词藻、卖弄之嫌,这是我不欣赏的地方。我更欣赏牧师布道以及politicians 做演讲时的平实(earthy)风格。可能这就是中国人常说的境界吧。。从穷人-富人-贵族,it takes time. 就英文水平而言,许多移民还处于穷人和富人之间。另外,鸟人英文不错,但要找出他的错误也并非难事,我指的是拼写以外的非低级错误。这句话本是一句平常话(并非谚语/格言,尽管有点哲理意味),但能引起如此热烈的讨论,颇有点tempest in a teapot 的意味。再次使我想起小时候读过的盲人摸象的故事。归根结底还是我们对西方文化抱着一种叶公好龙的态度,没有想真正了解、拥抱的意愿。这句话体现的是西方文化中崇尚冒险,大胆尝试的元素。遗憾的是这在中国传统文化中没有,所以诉诸唐诗宋词,孔孟之道找对应的圣人语录,就有点缘木求鱼,或者说削足适履,结果一定是词不达意,更遑论翻译的境界了。
最后有个问题想请教标榜中立的鸟人:
街上有一群流氓真在欺侮几个路过的行人,你正好目击了此事,你会如何反应呢?
A.听取双方的意见 B. 隔岸观火,看西洋景  C. 继续前行,装着没看到 D. 挺身而出,拔刀相助。
老迅 发表于 2010-4-9 15:16

A.听取双方的意见  - not if one or both parties are holding guns or some other lethal weapons. Also only if my wife is with me, she is one strong woman. (she has good looks too)
B. 隔岸观火,看西洋景  - if they are on fire, I'll let the firemen handle it; they are the profs.
C. 继续前行,装着没看到 - 拉肚子,没法啦
D. 挺身而出,拔刀相助 - I don't normally carry a knife so 没刀可拔,可惜
回复

使用道具 举报

202#
发表于 2010-4-9 16:39:01 | 只看该作者
回复 201# 香港来的鸟人

嘿嘿,阿鸟变MIX了。
不止神速,还更有味儿了呢。
回复

使用道具 举报

203#
发表于 2010-4-9 16:44:33 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 香港来的鸟人 于 2010-4-9 15:46 编辑
回复  香港来的鸟人

嘿嘿,阿鸟变MIX了。
不止神速,还更有味儿了呢。
drag 发表于 2010-4-9 15:39

Getting there. Watch out , 阿鸟 is here, have no fear !!
回复

使用道具 举报

204#
发表于 2010-4-9 19:08:29 | 只看该作者

"You need to get out more"之寓意的进一步推敲

本帖最后由 和者盖寡 于 2010-4-9 21:33 编辑
I converted from atheism to Christianity in November of 1974. I'm a non-denominational, charismatic, born-again evangelical type of Christian. I am also a progressive/liberal Democrat. If you think this is contradictory, perhaps you need to get out more.

To #3 uhHuh, you dumb bitc#. K-Fed is fat and ugly. He was never "hot," nor will he ever be. You need to get out more, if you consider him desirable.

Why would you drink more than one beer then go ride a bike? Are you telling me you need to go to SD to get drunk? You need to get out more!!

shityourlegoff, youve made 54 comments on me in the past month? i suggest you need to get out more...

To dream that you are at a party, suggests that you need to get out more and enjoy yourself. If the party is bad, then it indicates that you are unsure of your social skills.

Yet can so much fecal gazing be a bad thing? Absolutely, says James Dillard, medical director of Columbia University's Rosenthal Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. "All the neurotics are going to think this is wonderful," he says. "The whole alternative side of life is a little bit self-obsessed. If you're reading a book that has you focusing on your poop, you need to get out more. Instead of looking at your butt, you might want to look more at the vegetable aisle."

Whoa. Slow right down here. You say you've been talking to this woman for a month and you think you're in love?!

I'd say you need to get out more.

You're setting yourself up for a great big fall if you continue along this way.

Calm right down and have a good look at your 'real life'. What's going on there?

Could it be that you don't have many outlets and you've 'fallen in love' due to lack of other interests or options?

You've got to get a grip on the online situation, for the moment at least, it is what it is – friendly banter – and unless your lady friend has indicated otherwise, your declarations of love are likely to send her fleeing.

Do you have any women friends you can spend time with to take the heat out of this situation?

Try to slow things down and at least meet the poor woman before you start throwing around the L word!

you need to get out more if you can whinge about this. Seriously, some people obviously just cant enjoy the good things in life

online-question: How do you get a girl in high school to like you?

online-answer: You CAN'T get anyone to like you. You can only show the best side of yourself and hopes she likes you. And if you are asking this question online..you need to get out more...

Finally, if an alien came down to our planet and asked, "Who are you?" we'd all say, "We're human beings on planet Earth." When it comes down to it, we're all the same. So in terms of helping others, a person's skin color, religious beliefs, or citizenship shouldn't matter. If you believe it does, then you need to get out more, open your heart, and look inside yourself to uncover what aspect of yourself you dislike so much that you're projecting it on other people.

从大量日常实用英语的上下文中体会"You need to get out more"之寓意。根据上述现代英语的实例(还可以列举更多),我理解"You need to get out more"的中文含义是:“你应该从中自拔(从中走出来),不要深陷其中。你不应太固执,而应开阔眼界,解放思想,多尝试其它不同的方式。”

这样一来,原句的意思是:“如果你(还)不后悔,你应该进一步开阔眼界和思维方式。不要一条道走到黑。不要固执己见。”

愿意听听不同意见,或者例子。
回复

使用道具 举报

205#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-4-9 20:59:30 | 只看该作者
回复 204# 和者盖寡

thank you very much.
I couldn't agree more.
回复

使用道具 举报

206#
发表于 2010-4-9 21:05:15 | 只看该作者
从大量日常实用英语的上下文中体会"You need to get out more"之寓意。根据上述现代英语的实例(还可以列举更多),我理解"You need to get out more"的中文含义是:“你应该从中自拔(从中走出来),不要深陷其中。你不应太固执,而应开阔眼界,解放思想,多尝试其它不同的方式。”

这样一来,原句的意思是:“如果你(还)不后悔,你应该进一步开阔眼界和思维方式。不要一条道走到黑。不要固执己见。”

愿意听听不同意见,或者例子。
和者盖寡 发表于 2010-4-9 20:08

很受启发。
回复

使用道具 举报

207#
发表于 2010-4-9 21:09:34 | 只看该作者
还想问那句,GET OUT和同性恋有关吗????和COME OUT是一样的吗????
回复

使用道具 举报

208#
发表于 2010-4-9 21:12:07 | 只看该作者
回复  和者盖寡

thank you very much.
I couldn't agree more.
一世人生 发表于 2010-4-9 21:59

you are welcome.
回复

使用道具 举报

209#
发表于 2010-4-9 21:41:24 | 只看该作者
A.听取双方的意见  - not if one or both parties are holding guns or some other lethal weapons. Also only if my wife is with me, she is one strong woman. (she has good looks too)
B. 隔岸观火,看西洋景  - if they are on fire, I'll let the firemen handle it; they are the profs.
C. 继续前行,装着没看到 - 拉肚子,没法啦
D. 挺身而出,拔刀相助 - I don't normally carry a knife so 没刀可拔,可惜
香港来的鸟人 发表于 2010-4-9 17:31

Stop acting the fool, I'm trying to talk to you.
回复

使用道具 举报

210#
发表于 2010-4-9 21:47:43 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 老迅 于 2010-4-9 22:55 编辑

You should get out more. humorous      

used to tell someone that they are spending too much time doing things which are boring or not important
    "I've ordered all my CD's alphabetically." "Mmm, I think you should get out more, Mike."

(Definition of You should get out more. from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表