• 实时天气:蒙特利尔
    温度感觉:
  • 实时天气:温尼伯 -10°
    温度感觉: -17°
查看: 205|回复: 0

雅思8分范文(3)-"gender equality in career progression"

发表于 2019-2-28 22:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

往期雅思备考集锦  链接

https://bbs.51.ca/home.php?mod=space&uid=461421&do=thread&view=me&type=thread&order=dateline&from=space&page=1

Sample 3 --- "allocate certain rate of high-level position to female"

Most high-level positions in companies are filled by men even though the workforce in many developed countries is more than 50 percent female. Companies should allocate certain percent of these positions to women.

In many companies most of the senior level positions are occuipied by men. Since many of them have an equal number of male and female employees, some people feel that it is unfair. In their opinion, a certain number of managerial positions should be reserved for female. I will analyze various aspects first and then provide my own perspective.

There are many reasons why I believe that companies should reserve careers for women. Initially, women should have the same opportunities as men. Ensuring gender equality in the workplace is the easiest way to avoid gender based discrimination. Also when an equal number of men and women work at senior levels, it will make the work environment pleasant for both genders. Whats more, just knowing that certain percent of higher positions are reserved for women can inspire and motivate female employees to work hard. On top of that, women also have some personality traits that make them good managers. For example, they are superior to men in communication and solving conflicts.

On the flip side, holding positions have its disadvantages as well. Campanies are driven by profits, and they need staff who have skills, expertise and knowledge to take their business forward. If certain senior careers are reserved for women, then companies are required to appoint only female in these positions. This can usually pose a problem if there are not suitable female candidates, which will cause negative impact on their decison-making process.

To conclude, corporations should strive to achieve gender equality. However, I feel that reserving positions for women employees is a controversial issue and it is not practical.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表