温度感觉:
查看: 9155|回复: 56
打印 上一主题 下一主题

多伦多比上海的生活更艰难!

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-11-28 17:18:21 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

相关文章内容摘要

Life is tough everywhere, but why I feel tougher in Canada than in China (When you are reading this article, you will say: look, how funny the English writing is, this is the reason why you have no j ... [ 查看全文 ]

§ 发表于 2005-11-28
depend on what you want to get out of it
沙发
发表于 2005-11-28 19:53:57 | 只看该作者

Good article!

I think here is more free and less people than that in Shanghai. I am from Shanghai too.For example:you can have more chirdren,can see and hear what you can't do in Shanghai,can believe in what you believe in.Anyway,when I work,I am thinking that I get the freedom,but I lose the diginity and confidence.But most of people here are humble.This is not like Shanghai.The people only pay attention to how much money you can get.Besides,you should know the air and water are much better than Shanghai.But from the shops and restaurant,Shanghai is more modern and fashion than Toronto.
板凳
发表于 2005-11-28 22:21:02 | 只看该作者
Hi, I do not know what kind of company you have tried.  Your experience looks more useful for those industrial corporations.  There are companies specialized in office building property management.  To my knowledge, most of the Pension Company, financial institute and life insurance Company owns vast amount of the assets in that area.  Otherwise, there are company manages the assets.  This category like Brookfield LePage Johnson Controls etc is doing business to maintain the property.  Others are doing the property design and constructions.  You may want to try those companies if you never before you give up.
地板
发表于 2005-11-28 23:33:09 | 只看该作者
I don't know why you write this article in English, since this website is really for overseas Chinese.  Somehow it gives me a feeling that you are trying to tell people that you were so disappointed for can not support your family in Canada, even though your English is quite proudful.

Everywhere is different, so don't complain about what you are facing to presently.  I don' t think it is smart enough to go back to China with the following three reasons:

First of all, I believe everyone has the same experience that there are some certain turn overs in your whole life, which the Chinese old saying is EVERYONE'S WHOLE LIFE HAS THREE CHANCES FOR RICH AND THREE CHANCES FOR POOR.  Solving problems is one of the mean task for human being.  Do you think you will face less difficulties after you go back to China?  I doubt it. In my opinion, one problem is for temporary, but solving all kinds of problems will be the life-time job for every body, no matter where you are or how good you are.

Secondly, I believe that self-confidence could make people much stronger, especially the mind.  If no Chinese immigrant living in Canada, I will go back to China, too, because I don't think I have any speciality compare with others.  One bullet kills him, it does the same to me.  But if there is one Chinese immigrant lives in Canada, I will stay, too.  I always believe that I could do whatever the others could.  

Thirdly, your son is a Canadian now.  Don't you want him to go to school in Canada, or you want him to face the same problem after he come back to Canada in the future?  Holding a Canadian passport is meaningless, I don't think you will feel great after you realize that you are such a bad example to your own son.  Wait until he decide to go back to China for good, then you will know what kind of the mistake you have made today.

We know from years of history that the first generation of immigrants are suffering with cultural shock, pains for being outstage of the local culture and a terrible homesick, but they are sacrificing for the next generation.  Don't be so self-centered, or try to find excuses to escape away from the reality.  Don't be a cowered guy, please remember the person who write this to you is a quarter-million US annual profit private business owner in Canada, and he was almost a homeless and almost go back to China for good three years ago, just like you now.
5#
发表于 2005-11-29 06:09:38 | 只看该作者
The truth is:
Immigration to Canada is hard and tough for people who do well in China. Job market in Canada is a lot smaller than its couterpart in USA. It is no surprise. When was it the last time any western countries open the immigration door to the Asian people?
If it sounds too good to be true, think about it, it must be for a reason. I think the US has a better immigration system (though less humane), at least you got to find a decent job (not a labor job though), then stay with it for so long that you almost lost your patenice, then one day you got your GC, the next best thing you can do is wish your kids don't need to suffer the same pain as you do. Though your kids may or may not appreciate your efforts, may think your accent is funny or stupid, you are pretty much done for the rest of your life. You are worn off the courage and smart you built up before in China... haha..
Immigration can be an irony of your life, be careful.
6#
发表于 2005-11-29 08:31:42 | 只看该作者

I know why you are not successful here.

After reading your article, or actually I couldn't finish your article (sorry, because I couldn't understand your writing fully), I know why you could not be successful here.(harsh, but honest)  ;)

WHY? Is it obvious?  

Your English is terrible, and you don't realize the issue. The only thing you did was to complain how bad Canada was. If you used the energy that you spent on complaining so much to learn English, you would have been much better off.

Yes, you were correct about 'we are nothing here'. WE ARE NOTHING UNTIL WE MAKE OUTSELVES SOMETHING. There is no free lunch in the world. This is the step every new immigrant has to get over, or to fail, no matter who you are.

If you feel going back is the right thing to do for you and your family, then just do it. It is not a bad thing. At least you know what you want after all the struggle.

However, putting down Canada is like putting down many immigrants like us who choose to work so hard, and to make a good or OK living here.
7#
发表于 2005-11-29 09:12:14 | 只看该作者
So many "I"s in your article......
8#
发表于 2005-11-29 10:40:56 | 只看该作者

90% happy 10% not

90% happy ,10% not , this is life here.
10%happy,90% not, that is life in China.
9#
发表于 2005-11-29 11:08:16 | 只看该作者

what do you want?

hi,topace: what do you want in toronto, do you want the baby more than one? you got it. do you want humen-right,
you got it. do you want quite life, you got it. if you want to get more money to become a richer, you have two choices,
one is to buy the lottery, another is to working hard  by generation and generation.
10#
发表于 2005-11-29 13:08:38 | 只看该作者
Canada needs your money to support its economic system;

Canada needs your energy and technology to meet its job market.

Canada never needs your mind and your power for management.

Canadian companies are indeed looking for some representatives for their international bussness in the special local sites, but they never appreciate the one who runs into their companies.

So if you knew it earlier, you would foresee your failure at the beginning. Do not complain too much. Remember that  it was you to apply immigration to Canada, but Canada pull you in.
11#
发表于 2005-11-29 13:30:58 | 只看该作者
最初由[黑咖啡]发布
I don't know why you write this article in English, since this website is really for overseas Chinese.  Somehow it gives me a feeling that you are trying to tell people that you were so disappointed for can not support your family in Canada, even though your English is quite proudful.

Everywhere is different, so don't complain about what you are facing to presently.  I don' t think it is smart enough to go back to China with the following three reasons:

First of all, I believe everyone has the same experience that there are some certain turn overs in your whole life, which the Chinese old saying is EVERYONE'S WHOLE LIFE HAS THREE CHANCES FOR RICH AND THREE CHANCES FOR POOR.  Solving problems is one of the mean task for human being.  Do you think you will face less difficulties after you go back to China?  I doubt it. In my opinion, one problem is for temporary, but solving all kinds of problems will be the life-time job for every body, no matter where you are or how good you are.

Secondly, I believe that self-confidence could make people much stronger, especially the mind.  If no Chinese immigrant living in Canada, I will go back to China, too, because I don't think I have any speciality compare with others.  One bullet kills him, it does the same to me.  But if there is one Chinese immigrant lives in Canada, I will stay, too.  I always believe that I could do whatever the others could.  

Thirdly, your son is a Canadian now.  Don't you want him to go to school in Canada, or you want him to face the same problem after he come back to Canada in the future?  Holding a Canadian passport is meaningless, I don't think you will feel great after you realize that you are such a bad example to your own son.  Wait until he decide to go back to China for good, then you will know what kind of the mistake you have made today.

We know from years of history that the first generation of immigrants are suffering with cultural shock, pains for being outstage of the local culture and a terrible homesick, but they are sacrificing for the next generation.  Don't be so self-centered, or try to find excuses to escape away from the reality.  Don't be a cowered guy, please remember the person who write this to you is a quarter-million US annual profit private business owner in Canada, and he was almost a homeless and almost go back to China for good three years ago, just like you now.

Good points!
12#
发表于 2005-11-29 17:50:07 | 只看该作者

Opportunity cost

I completely understand your frustration, although I do not have similar experience.

From an economic point of view, it is all about opportunity cost. You are doing very well in Shanghai, a great career, a powerful social supporting network, native language and deep understanding of the culture, and most important of all, your confidence. Here, you have nothing. Thus, the opportunity cost for you to start from scratch here in Toronto is TOO HIGH.  

Do not simply blame Canadian employers - business is business. Most of the employers are quite cautious in hiring someone who does not have Canadian experience and are a visible minority; so do not blame the world for not giving you a chance to try.  This is not necessarily due to discrimination.  Sometimes it is due to the potential legal problems and expected high costs associated with hiring and firing.  

Believe in yourself.  As long as you clearly knows what you want, going back to China is not a bad choice.
13#
发表于 2005-11-29 18:41:28 | 只看该作者

回复:I know why you are not successful here.

最初由[潇潇--女人]发布
I know why you are not successful here.

After reading your article, or actually I couldn't finish your article (sorry, because I couldn't understand your writing fully), I know why you could not be successful here.(harsh, but honest)  ;)

WHY? Is it obvious?  

Your English is terrible, and you don't realize the issue. The only thing you did was to complain how bad Canada was. If you used the energy that you spent on complaining so much to learn English, you would have been much better off.

Yes, you were correct about 'we are nothing here'. WE ARE NOTHING UNTIL WE MAKE OUTSELVES SOMETHING. There is no free lunch in the world. This is the step every new immigrant has to get over, or to fail, no matter who you are.

If you feel going back is the right thing to do for you and your family, then just do it. It is not a bad thing. At least you know what you want after all the struggle.

However, putting down Canada is like putting down many immigrants like us who choose to work so hard, and to make a good or OK living here.
Fully agreed with your point view. This guy got to improve his English before writing such a crap and making a good living in Canada. For goodness sake, who he think he is
14#
发表于 2005-11-29 20:04:27 | 只看该作者
Just as you mentioned at the begining of thisartical, you realy need to spend some time to improve your English skill, if you want to living here, Canada.
Good luck.
15#
发表于 2005-11-29 20:33:35 | 只看该作者

Toronto or Shanghai, that's the problem!

All replies are in English, but my English is not very well and I try to do my best to write this.
You are from Shanghai, so do I.  First of all, I wanna ask you what's your purpose to migrate to Toronto(Canada)?  I have read your article, but didn't find that.
You are very successful in Shanghai in China, the very important reason is you are a native people.  When you immigrated to Canada, it is all changed. So you can not get something successful like what you have been in your motherland at the very beginning. Do you think so?  
I wanna tell you, if you want to develop your career and success here, I think you'd better set your goal first, then work very very hard to reach it.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表