• 实时天气:温尼伯 17°
    温度感觉: 15°
查看: 1443|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Solaris X86 Vs. ADSL

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2001-8-21 23:57:16 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
相信这里有不少的朋友在使用Sun Solaris操作系统吧,装好系统后遇到的一个主要问题就是如何连接到 Internet 上,因为要上网查资料、下载共享软件、读取E-Mail。连接到 Internet 上的方法有多种,在这里我与大家分享一下在 Solaris 86 下使用 Bell Sympatico HSE 上网的方法。

ADSL stands for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line, a type of DSL service with different (asymmetric) upstream and downstream capabilities. All of Bell's Sympatico HSE service users must use PPPoE to access the Internet. PPPoE stands for Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet. Since Bell's Sympatico HSE doesn't have a software package for Linux / Solaris user, you have to use third party PPPD / PPPOE daemon.

Here are my steps:

1. Before you start:
Make sure you have Sun CC or GNUgcc compiler installed on your machine. You can download GNU pakages (autoconf, make, zlib, automake, gcc, make....) from www.sunfreeware.com
2. Download latest source and binaries of PPPD Daemon:
Go to http://playground.sun.com/pppd download and compile the pppd-2.3.11. For some odd reason that version was the only one I could get to work with rp-pppoe. you do have to compile it to make the ppp kernel module.
Build pppd:
$ gunzip filename
$ tar xvf filename
3. Edit all Makefies, Makedefs in th directories /svr4, /solaris, /ppp
comment out COPTS entry which has -Xa and/or -Xspace
uncomment COPTS which have -O or -O2 and any line reference to gcc.
4. as root, type:
# ./configure
# make
# make install
5. Compile re-pppoe:
Download re-pppoe at http://www.roaringpenguin.com
6. How to Connect:
Follow these steps and you should have your high-speed service up and running.
Install the rp-pppoe-software
You should have already done this by the time you're reading this. If not, go back and read README.
7. Configure various files:
Several files need editing. The easiest way to do this is to run the following command as root:
# adsl-setup
Answer the questions and you should be all set.
8. Edit the files
add the DNS servers to /etc/resolv.conf and check /etc/nsswitch.conf and make sure there's and entry:
hosts: files dns

Now, you can run:
#adsl-start

So, you get connect!
沙发
发表于 2001-8-23 14:15:04 | 只看该作者
Thanks!
你用SOLARIS X86 7 OR 8?
板凳
发表于 2001-8-23 16:52:07 | 只看该作者
I don't have experience with Bell ADSL. I heard they are using DHCP server. Is that true?
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2001-8-24 00:34:04 | 只看该作者
最初由[sonet]发布
Thanks!
你用SOLARIS X86 7 OR 8?

I'm using Solaris x86 8.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表