查看: 221|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

对社会各界的行动呼吁! - 关于《多伦多太阳报》描绘邹至蕙女士漫画

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-11-6 21:38:14 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 CCNC_TO 于 2014-11-6 21:40 编辑

对社会各界的行动呼吁!

全加华人协进会(平权会)多伦多分会现呼吁社会各界寄信到《多伦多太阳报》以回应他们否认在描绘邹至蕙女士的漫画中带有种族歧视,性别歧视和仇外心理。有关信息,可以查看我们的脸书专页: http://www.facebook.com/CCNCTOhttp://www.facebook.com/CCNCTO[/url][

为支持这个行动并标明您的支持,我们吁请您这采取以下行动:给《多伦多太阳报》写信,向他们表明,他们的解释和道歉是不可接受的。您不会容忍一个具有性别歧视,种族歧视和仇外心理的媒体。

为了便于行动,我们制作了一个信函模板,这样就只花您30秒钟便可完成此信!

请电邮至
https://www.facebook.com/notes/854084074623403/?pnref=story#%3Ca%[email protected]://www.facebook.com/notes/854084074623403/?pnref=story#%3Ca%[email protected][/url][/url]
或邮寄到
Wendy Metcalfe
333 King St.E.
Toronto,Ontario
M5A 3X5

以下是信函模板,电邮时请用英文版本,中文翻译供参考

附件: 信函模板
无忧资讯

To:

Paul Godfrey, Owner, Postmedia,
Mike Power, Publisher, Toronto Sun Media,
Wendy Metcalfe, Editor-in-Chief, The Toronto Sun,
Andy Donato, Illustrator, The Toronto Sun,

As a member of Canadian society, I condemn Andy Donato’s editorial illustration of Olivia Chow printed in the Toronto Sun, published on October 26, 2014. Furthermore I reject the Toronto Sun’s apology and explanation defending the image. This apology is insufficient and unacceptable.

Defending the intention behind the illustration undermines the ultimate impact this particular image has. The image of Olivia Chow perpetuates racist, sexist, and xenophobic stereotypes, which has real consequences on the lives of many people. As a member of Canadian society, I am appalled by the blatant bigotry exhibited by the Toronto Sun and the lack of a regulatory content policy to prevent the publication of such offensive material. As a consumer of the news reporting & media, I entrust my news to ethical journaling and representation.The Toronto Sun has broken that trust.

The Toronto Sun needs to be held accountable for the impact of this image. Necessary changes are required in policies and practices to ensure such racism, sexism, and xenophobia will not continue to be perpetuated in future publications.

Therefore, I demand that the Toronto Sun:
§  Issue a comprehensive and unqualified public apology to the diverse community at large;
§  Engage in public consultations to address racial profiling and stereotyping via their media outlets;
§  Implement measurable corporate and editorial anti-oppression policies in consultation with relevant community constituents
§  Implement employment equity programs to diversify their corporate and editorial boards and frontline personnel.

Sincerely,
[Your Name Here]

-----------------------------------

To:

Paul Godfrey, Postmedia 持有人
Mike Power, 多伦多太阳报媒体 发行人
Wendy Metcalfe, 多伦多太阳报 主编
Andy Donato, 多伦多太阳报 插画家

身为加拿大社会的一员,我谴责 Andy Donato在《多伦多太阳报》2014年10月26日发表的关于邹至蕙女士的社论插画。此外,我拒绝接受《多伦多太阳报》对此插画的道歉和解释。这道歉是不够充分的和不可接受的。

对这插画背后意图的辩驳削弱了这图像对社会最终造成的影响。这幅针对邹至蕙女士的画像延续了种族歧视,性别歧视和排外的成见。 这些成见对很多人的生活带来了严重的后果。作为加拿大社会的一员,我对《多伦多太阳报》表现出的公然的偏执和成见,以及缺乏对防止攻击性内容出版而应有的监管政策感到震惊。作为新闻报道和相关媒体的消费者,我一贯相信媒体报道应该会符合有关道德伦理标准,但是《多伦多太阳报》打破了这个信任。

《多伦多太阳报》必须为这一插图所造成的社会影响负责。对现有政策和做法必须做出必要的修改,以确保避免今后再度出版类似带有种族歧视,性别歧视和排外色彩的信息。

就此,我们敦促《多伦多太阳报》

·        对广大多元化社区发布一份深刻而豪无保留,不带任何条件的公开道歉
·        通过所属的各类传媒载体来展开公众咨询,以强调什么是具有种族色彩的刻画和成见
·        通过咨询相关社区来制定有关反压迫政策,以帮助运营和编辑部便于实施和度量
·        执行公平就业计划,使得他们的管理部门、编辑部门和一线成员多元化

此致,

敬礼

请寄信到 Wendy Metcalfe《多伦多太阳报》主编

Email: [email protected]

Mail:  
Wendy Metcalfe