温度感觉: 24°
查看: 1603|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

I’d like to share my experience

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-1-14 23:59:03 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 从来就没救世主 于 2013-1-15 11:13 编辑

I’d like to share my experience with you and hope it will help you and other Moms. I have had a hard time last year, because my son’s teacherand our family doubted he may has autism. I did not pay attention when I found he did not doing as well as my daughter at the same age, as people always say,“Boy start everything late!” It made me worried until his JK teacher told me that he did not speak at class and eat with others. I volunteered at kindergarten, and found he did behavior different compare to other kids, he is very quiet, does not play with other kids, but started speaking a little bit once I was there. At home, he had tantrum, likes run around the circle, very picky with food, difficult with toilet training, and does not socialize outside. His pediatrician thought he is autism, and gave me the diagnosis criteria, I found my son is close to, but did not reach the required score. While his pediatrician insisted he is autism, I insisted him to refer my son to Neurologist for further assessment as he plays well at home with other kids, and he talks Ok. I dropped my study and spent more time with him, he became more active and learned more things. Since he enrolled in YMCA day care in last July, instead of staying home most of time with my parents who has language barrier with him, he had unbelievable changes. He became reasonable, more social and active, liked more variety of food and ate well, focused more on reading and writing. All those autism alike behaviors subsided/disappeared. He finally got chance tobe assessed by neurologist, Dr stated clearly, he has no autism at all. He is doing very well now.

Reflect to the past, I figure out the reasons caused myson’s language delay between 3-4 years, and his unsocial and bad temper are dueto parents’ neglect, lots of time he was left over watching TV. His JK teacheris kind of strict that made him feel not comfortable with school environment.  I also learned from my colleague, his son was not able to speak at all at 3 years old, because he was left over too. Her son now is doing very well after a long period speech language therapy and received attention from parents.

My impression is: your son may not really autism, doctor maynot always right. Parent, family and school environment plays major role in kids’ social and intellectual development. Provide kids the good growing and learning environment; give them encouragement and help kids to build upconfidence are very essential for their psycho-social well-being!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表