温度感觉: -7°
  • 实时天气:蒙特利尔
    温度感觉:
  • 实时天气:温尼伯 -11°
    温度感觉: -18°
楼主: xpxpxpx p

论坛文摘:环球邮报2篇报道引发的思考

发表于 2007-7-4 23:39:22 | 显示全部楼层
For your second part, the restaurant agreed the resposibility but it didn't want to pay or won't have the ability to pay -- so that's why there is a further suit. That was mentioned in the G and M article.
 楼主| 发表于 2007-7-5 00:09:07 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[陆海]发布
For your second part, the restaurant agreed the resposibility but it didn't want to pay or won't have the ability to pay -- so that's why there is a further suit. That was mentioned in the G and M article.

Honestly, you may like to read both the Chinese report and G&M's article again.
 楼主| 发表于 2007-7-5 01:02:21 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[陆海]发布

I noticed that. The typo could be in his notes. He then converted the Yuan to dollars. However, the most important thing is what his article saying: the safety of food in China. Is that correct or not? That is more important messsage for a reader to judge.

My intention is not playing a role such like government delegate of China. I hate all of these tainted food and medicines as much as you do. I also feel embarrassed every time when I read such kind of sad stories.

However, let's check the flip side a little bit. I’ve been a loyal subscriber of G&M for couple of years. According to my experience during these two years, the newspaper’s attitude to China has never ever been friendly, or even objective. If you are interested, you can go to G&M’s website and check all its cover page stories regarding China and see what type of news this paper put there. For people who are living in Canada, after reading this newspaper for years, I won’t be surprised that many of them will be influenced and have bias against China or even Chinese people, including ordinary Chinese immigrants in Canada.

I don’t understand why some of the 51ers were so aggressive when I raised my concerns. I even was questioned what if my daughter got killed by tainted antibiotic. Should I be criticized and even offended only because I was questioning the position of G&M and couple of its reports?

I’d really like to know how many 51ers read local newspapers & magazines (G&M, TIME, Star, Sun) and watch TV news on daily basis.

Give me your opinions on the concerns that I've raised please.
发表于 2007-7-5 09:06:49 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[舌战群猪]发布
中国一切罪恶的根源就是人口越来越过剩与生存资源越来越有限之间的冲突。总是会有过剩的群体通过正常的竞争得不到有限的生存资源,但他们总是要本能地想方设法地继续生存。于是假冒伪劣现象出现了,在没有战乱的和平环境里,假药,假酒,有毒食品对抑制人口增长,优化社会人口结构,优胜劣汰,淘汰老弱病残起到了良好的调节作用,也是中国社会贫富差距拉大以后的必然产物。

The above is the same like Robert Thomas Malthus' population theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Malthus.

This theory is 200 years old, and has become a joke in social sciences.
发表于 2007-7-5 09:39:37 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[舌战群猪]发布
中国一切罪恶的根源就是人口越来越过剩与生存资源越来越有限之间的冲突。总是会有过剩的群体通过正常的竞争得不到有限的生存资源,但他们总是要本能地想方设法地继续生存。于是假冒伪劣现象出现了,在没有战乱的和平环境里,假药,假酒,有毒食品对抑制人口增长,优化社会人口结构,优胜劣汰,淘汰老弱病残起到了良好的调节作用,也是中国社会贫富差距拉大以后的必然产物。

这样太慢了,不如搞场战争,直接优化人种多好?!
发表于 2007-7-5 10:10:59 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[xpxpxpx p]发布

My intention is not playing a role such like government delegate of China. I hate all of these tainted food and medicines as much as you do. I also feel embarrassed every time when I read such kind of sad stories.

However, let's check the flip side a little bit. I’ve been a loyal subscriber of G&M for couple of years. According to my experience during these two years, the newspaper’s attitude to China has never ever been friendly, or even subjective. If you are interested, you can go to G&M’s website and check all its cover page stories regarding China and see what type of news this paper put there. For people who are living in Canada, after reading this newspaper for years, I won’t be surprised that many of them will be influenced and have bias against China or even Chinese people, including ordinary Chinese immigrants in Canada.

I don’t understand why some of the 51ers were so aggressive when I raised my concerns. I even was questioned what if my daughter got killed by tainted antibiotic. Should I be criticized and even offended only because I was questioning the position of G&M and couple of its reports?

I’d really like to know how many 51ers read local newspapers & magazines (G&M, TIME, Star, Sun) and watch TV news on daily basis.

Give me your opinions on the concerns that I've raised please.

It's not a big deal.

Can you say it again what your concerns are?

I will give you my opinion on them.
发表于 2007-7-5 14:06:32 | 显示全部楼层
It's obvious that the writer is the one who is biased.

G&M is the first newspaper devoted an entire day's edition to "The Rising of China" with many positive comments. Among its reporting staff is Jan Wong who was sent to China as an exchange student during the cultural revolution. G&M has more insights on China than you ever know of.

The writer has more confidence in the truthfulness of reporting within China than outside is beyond any reasonably informed educated person.

For every negative news reported in the western media, there are 1,000 more that were not reported and 10,000 more cannot or will not be reported within China.

All Chinese knows that "report happiness and not sadness" is the unspoken truth in the culture.

I suggested you folks pick up every Friday's Ming Pao (in toronto area) and read up on a free magazine (Asia Week) and you'll find out all the news, books, etc. that are banned from reporting in China.

The brain washed has the nerve to accused other are being brain washed, how absurd!
发表于 2007-7-5 14:43:18 | 显示全部楼层

不是经验不足,是经验用错了地方.

联系到最近的NAP事件以及本地媒体对其进行的倾向性很强的报道(几乎没有将NAP的所作所为归结为经验不足的),
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
不是经验不足,是经验用错了地方.
发表于 2007-7-5 14:59:33 | 显示全部楼层

回复:你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

最初由[hanren62]发布
你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

你 凭 什 么 说 环 球 邮 报 是 右 翼 媒 体 呢 ? 如 果 说 它 是 右 翼 报 纸 的 话 , 请 问 还 有 哪 一 家 报 纸 是 左 翼 的 呢 ?
        你 懂 不 懂 什 么 是 左 , 什 么 又 是 右 呢 ? 在 西 方 国 家 左 右 又 是 怎 么 分 呢 ?
         不 要 动 不 动 对 某 个 人 的 个 人 观 点 就 上 钢 上 线 , 就 视 为 洪 水 猛 兽 , 就 把 它 看 作 为 是 攻 击 华 人 社 会 , 如 果 你 每 天 读 报 听 收 音 机 的 话 , 你 同 样 也 可经 常  听 到 对 中 国 , 对 加 拿 大 华 人 社 会 的 赞 美 之 声 。 这 些 对 你 , 一 个 居 住 在 这 里 很 长 时 间 的 人 来 说 不 会 很 新 鲜 吧 ?
        你 就 不 要 为 NAP是 否 做 出 反 应或 做 出 什 么 反 应  操 闲 心 了 ! 不 要 看 不 起 他 们 , 更 不 要 为 此 而 摆 出 一 副 恨 铁 不 成 钢 的 样 子 。 不 是 小 看 你 , 就 是 你,  也 说  不 出 个 什 么 所 以 然 来 ! 因 为 任 何 何 一 个 热 爱 加 拿 大 , 并 把 自 己 视 作 为 真 正 CANADIAN的 人 都 不 会 成 立 一 个 具 有 强 烈 族 裔 色 彩 的 政 党   !就 凭 这 点 , 俺 就 断 定 NAP还 有 你 等 说 不 出 什 么有 价 值 ,  有 意 义 , 有 说 服 力 的 东 西 来 !

人家可没唬你,接着都给出人家的根据了;你说人唬你,有根据吗??
发表于 2007-7-5 15:03:54 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

最初由[tonyhe2004]发布
回复:你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

人家可没唬你,接着都给出人家的根据了;你说人唬你,有根据吗??    环 球 邮 报 是 右 翼 报 纸 ? ? ? 他 给 出 什 么 根 据 了 ? ?
发表于 2007-7-5 15:05:17 | 显示全部楼层

回复:不是经验不足,是经验用错了地方.

最初由[mbig.ca]发布
不是经验不足,是经验用错了地方.

联系到最近的NAP事件以及本地媒体对其进行的倾向性很强的报道(几乎没有将NAP的所作所为归结为经验不足的),
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
不是经验不足,是经验用错了地方.   这 是 一 针 见 血 !    
发表于 2007-7-5 15:10:47 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:回复:你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

最初由[hanren62]发布
回复:回复:你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

环 球 邮 报 是 右 翼 报 纸 ? ? ? 他 给 出 什 么 根 据 了 ? ?

闹了半天您不懂英语,要让人家翻译给您?
发表于 2007-7-5 15:16:17 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:回复:回复:你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

最初由[tonyhe2004]发布
回复:回复:回复:你 就 别 在 这 唬 人 了 !

闹了半天您不懂英语,要让人家翻译给您? 比 你 强 些 吧 ! 你 就 不 要 自 讨 没 趣 了 ! 上 次 丢 人 。 忘 了 ?
 楼主| 发表于 2007-7-5 16:06:03 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[focus]发布
It's obvious that the writer is the one who is biased.

G&M is the first newspaper devoted an entire day's edition to "The Rising of China" with many positive comments. Among its reporting staff is Jan Wong who was sent to China as an exchange student during the cultural revolution. G&M has more insights on China than you ever know of.

The writer has more confidence in the truthfulness of reporting within China than outside is beyond any reasonably informed educated person.

For every negative news reported in the western media, there are 1,000 more that were not reported and 10,000 more cannot or will not be reported within China.

All Chinese knows that "report happiness and not sadness" is the unspoken truth in the culture.

I suggested you folks pick up every Friday's Ming Pao (in toronto area) and read up on a free magazine (Asia Week) and you'll find out all the news, books, etc. that are banned from reporting in China.

The brain washed has the nerve to accused other are being brain washed, how absurd!

In brief, my concern is the intentinal or unintentional bias against China in mainsteam media such as G&M.

Let's read through the following essay before we go further.

How to Detect Bias in the News [/FONT]

At one time or other we all complain about "bias in the news." The fact is, despite the journalistic ideal of "objectivity," every news story is influenced by the attitudes and background of its interviewers, writers, photographers and editors.

Not all bias is deliberate. But you can become a more aware news reader or viewer by watching for the following journalistic techniques that allow bias to "creep in" to the news:

Bias through selection and omission  [/FONT]  

An editor can express a bias by choosing to use or not to use a specific news item. Within a given story, some details can be ignored, and others included, to give readers or viewers a different opinion about the events reported. If, during a speech, a few people boo, the reaction can be described as "remarks greeted by jeers" or they can be ignored as "a handful of dissidents."

Bias through omission is difficult to detect. Only by comparing news reports from a wide variety of outlets can the form of bias be observed.

Bias through placement   [/FONT]  

Readers of papers judge first page stories to be more significant than those buried in the back. Television and radio newscasts run the most important stories first and leave the less significant for later. Where a story is placed, therefore, influences what a reader or viewer thinks about its importance.

Bias by headline   [/FONT]  

Many people read only the headlines of a news item. Most people scan nearly all the headlines in a newspaper. Headlines are the most-read part of a paper. They can summarize as well as present carefully hidden bias and prejudices. They can convey excitement where little exists. They can express approval or condemnation.

Bias by photos, captions and camera angles   [/FONT]  

Some pictures flatter a person, others make the person look unpleasant. A paper can choose photos to influence opinion about, for example, a candidate for election. On television, the choice of which visual images to display is extremely important. The captions newspapers run below photos are also potential sources of bias.

Bias through use of names and titles [/FONT]  

News media often use labels and titles to describe people, places, and events. A person can be called an "ex-con" or be referred to as someone who "served time twenty years ago for a minor offense." Whether a person is described as a "terrorist" or a "freedom fighter" is a clear indication of editorial bias.

Bias through statistics and crowd counts [/FONT]  

To make a disaster seem more spectacular (and therefore worthy of reading about), numbers can be inflated. "A hundred injured in aircrash" can be the same as "only minor injuries in air crash," reflecting the opinion of the person doing the counting.

Bias by source control   [/FONT]  

To detect bias, always consider where the news item "comes from." Is the information supplied by a reporter, an eyewitness, police or fire officials, executives, or elected or appointed government officials? Each may have a particular bias that is introduced into the story. Companies and public relations directors supply news outlets with puffpieces through news releases, photos or videos. Often news outlets depend on pseudo-events (demonstrations, sit-ins, ribbon cuttings, speeches and ceremonies) that take place mainly to gain news coverage.

Word choice and tone   [/FONT]  

Showing the same kind of bias that appears in headlines, the use of positive or negative words or words with a particular connotation can strongly influence the reader or viewer.

Source

http://www.media-awareness.ca/en ... ias_in_the_news.cfm

The Media Awareness Network [/FONT]  

Media Awareness Network (MNet) is home to one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of media education and Internet literacy resources.
发表于 2007-7-5 16:11:25 | 显示全部楼层
这帖子,发在这里,除了能够掀起敌意和怨恨以及自我悲怜外,还有什么用?有这么大工夫去研究,为啥不直接把研究结果发给环球邮报去质疑它?

它就偏见你又怎么样?谁叫你形象本来就不好,谁叫你只敢在窝里骂?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表