17#
发表于 2014-7-20 19:29:12 | 只看该作者
顺口溜,不值一提。
墨子 发表于 2014-7-20 19:42

再贴几首泰戈尔的诗和大家分享::-D

Endless time:

Time is endless in thy hands, my lord.
There is none to count thy minutes.

Days and nights pass and ages bloom and fade like flowers.
Thou knowest how to wait.

Thy centuries follow each other perfecting a small wild flower.

We have no time to lose,
and having no time we must scramble for a chance.
We are too poor to be late.

And thus it is that time goes by
while I give it to every querulous man who claims it,
and thine altar is empty of all offerings to the last.

At the end of the day I hasten in fear lest thy gate be shut;
but I find that yet there is time.
回复

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2014-7-20 19:31:14 | 只看该作者
Beggarly Heart--------泰戈尔

When the heart is hard and parched up,
come upon me with a shower of mercy.

When grace is lost from life,
come with a burst of song.

When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from
beyond, come to me, my lord of silence, with thy peace and rest.

When my beggarly heart sits crouched, shut up in a corner,
break open the door, my king, and come with the ceremony of a king.

When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust, O thou holy one,
thou wakeful, come with thy light and thy thunder.

评分

参与人数 1经验 +4 收起 理由
青草地. + 4 So wonderful!

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

19#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-7-20 20:33:28 | 只看该作者
谷歌特色,就当复习单词,零部件都在。
白色百合 发表于 2014-7-19 20:16

谷歌这翻译机,翻译得很拗口,但大概意思都很明了
以后写中英文后,让它翻译后再修改,可以整出一些文章,节约了很多写作时间了!
:thumbup:
回复

使用道具 举报

20#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-7-20 20:41:26 | 只看该作者
it sounds odd here. if 'People can freely express their ideas no matter whether the ideas are consistent with the mainstream', 'they' don't have to 'do as the Romans do'.
that's the whole idea -- you don't have to give up what you believe - or believed - just because you're in rome and everyone of romans doesn't believe what you believe, and you should be entitled to express what you believe. that's the FREEDOM to express.
onceninerfan 发表于 2014-7-19 21:15

“入乡随俗”指的是以当地人的思维习惯做事!
回复

使用道具 举报

21#
发表于 2014-7-20 20:52:01 | 只看该作者
再贴几首泰戈尔的诗和大家分享:

Endless time:

Time is endless in thy hands, my lord.
There is none to count thy minutes.

Days and nights pass and ages bloom and fade like flowers.
Thou knowest how to wait.

Thy centuries follow each other perfecting a small wild flower.

We have no time to lose,
and having no time we must scramble for a chance.
We are too poor to be late.

And thus it is that time goes by
while I give it to every querulous man who claims it,
and thine altar is empty of all offerings to the last.

At the end of the day I hasten in fear lest thy gate be shut;
but I find that yet there is time.
齐力 发表于 2014-7-20 20:29

今天在书店看到泰戈尔的诗集打对折,差点买了。:-D
回复

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 2014-7-20 21:29:17 | 只看该作者
今天在书店看到泰戈尔的诗集打对折,差点买了。
白色百合 发表于 2014-7-20 21:52

应该买呀百合。读他的诗是享受。:-D
回复

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2014-7-20 21:39:31 | 只看该作者
虽不完美,
但本人对在英文写作上有追求的国移表示强烈欣赏!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2014-7-21 19:31:12 | 只看该作者
我觉得网友之间不应该轻易冠上虚伪一词。说实在的,大家在网上聊聊天,很多人都没见过面,也没有实际打过交道,怎么知道虚伪不虚伪呢。无论如何,我觉得礼貌和尊重是应该的,如果有网友因此觉得俺虚伪,那俺就“虚伪”了。whatever.
说实在的,真的不太明白什么是“虚伪”哈哈。
齐力 发表于 2014-7-20 00:15

不想说,怕伤了你!:-P
回复

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2014-7-21 22:48:30 | 只看该作者
不想说,怕伤了你!
蓝精灵的妹妹 发表于 2014-7-21 20:31

谢谢精灵妹妹!(u)
回复

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2014-7-22 11:47:00 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 青草地. 于 2014-7-22 12:52 编辑

回复 1# velocity
吹毛求疵一下老V的E文。
改得不好老V別生氣,讓百合和齊力糾正好了。

-----------------------------------------

Crossing over the Pacific Ocean and settling down on this far-flung land, not only are we enjoying the peaceful surroundings, fresh air and high quality life, but also should we learn the democracy and the political system of the country. “When in Rome do as the Romans do”, people can freely express their ideas no matter whether the ideas are accordant with or different from the mainstream. It is assured that some different or perhaps a bit harsh sound exists in every corner of this society, even in alumni groups. That’s the way the western countries to be.

Any initiatives or proposals can be presented. It is normal that there are different opinions or even contrary ideas on some issues. So don’t be distracted or disappointed with these disaccords.

Attentions often are drawn on issues with arguments provoked. People may ignore a topic that doesn't matter to them, but any disturbances can make a splash and excite their curiosities. “What are they arguing for?”they will look into the disturbances and maybe even take part in the arguments.

The disputations on a matter should focus on their main point, the line of reasoning and supporting samples. Attacking opponents with no-holds barred is rude. For instance, dwarfing opponents’ personality is surely unacceptable. Judge the case as it stands.

--------------------

With the patient and detailed explanations of Mrs. G’s, we are cherishing the hope and realizing that we could be the boss or CEO of our own company even we wouldn't have the prerequisites. Mrs. G, who has been canvassing the alumni in North American to create their own business in China for many years, is inspiring us with her tightly choreographed business journey in China. “What is the most enjoyable is the process of setting up the business, not the results,” she advised. We believe, with her perseverant or persistent efforts, lots of alumni will be engaging some business plans in China. We’ll be eternally grateful to her.

Anyway, Nostalgia is one of primary emotions of mankind; it dwells in human beings’ minds despite race, religion and culture background. “Falling leaves settle on their own roots”. Wherever you were born, no matter in New Jerusalem or in the underprivileged districts, your homesickness may be inevitable. AiQing (艾青), a famous patriotic poet in China, said: “Why are the tears always in my eyes, because I love the land so deeply!” (为什么我的眼里常含泪水?因为我对这土地爱得深沉). Long ago, when I was a schoolchild, a legend was circulating in our primary school: a commander of the air force of GuoMinDang’s (国民党), who led the fleet preparing to retreat to Taiwan, piloted his plane especially to hover several circles over his hometown, a greenish island lying on the estuary of the Yangzi River (长江), for the last farewell before heading for Taiwan…

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表