温度感觉: 21°
楼主: 辣翻天
打印 上一主题 下一主题

家庭主妇都在发声:福特政绩在民心

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-11-4 21:17:12 | 显示全部楼层 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

相关文章内容摘要

这家电视台在播放新闻时,将那位男士支持福特的话全部掐掉,只用了“如果福特犯法应该辞职”那句,来证明反对福特声音的存在。那位男士在看了新闻之后,才恍然大悟:原来在我们这个城市,有些传媒竟然是这样做新闻的。 ... [ 查看全文 ]

§ 发表于 2013-11-4
回复 66# 辣翻天

真搞不懂这里会有这么多人顶胖福,还有人说他不拿工资给多伦多当市长。不要说吸毒,如果一个人失去了诚信,他还有资格当市长吗?他不愿意下台是舍不得17万多的年薪。在这个世界上少了谁,地球都一样转。
沙发
发表于 2013-11-4 22:00:22 | 显示全部楼层
Type
Type         City Council
Term limits         None
History
New session started         December 1, 2010
Leadership
Mayor of Toronto         Rob Ford
Since December 1, 2010
Speaker of Toronto City Council         Frances Nunziata
Since December 1, 2010
Deputy Speaker of Toronto City Council         John Parker
Since December 1, 2010
Structure
Seats         45
Length of term         4 years
Authority         City of Toronto Act, 2006
Salary         $172,803 (Mayor)

$102,608 (Councillor)
Elections
Last election         October 25, 2010
(45 seats)
Next election         October 27, 2014
(45 seats)
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2013-11-4 22:08:45 | 显示全部楼层
有些人就喜欢信口雌黄!
明明胖福有17万多的年薪,硬说没有,还更正,脑子进水啦。

Type
Type         City Council
Term limits         None
History
New session started         December 1, 2010
Leadership
Mayor of Toronto         Rob Ford
Since December 1, 2010
Speaker of Toronto City Council         Frances Nunziata
Since December 1, 2010
Deputy Speaker of Toronto City Council         John Parker
Since December 1, 2010
Structure
Seats         45
Length of term         4 years
Authority         City of Toronto Act, 2006
Salary         $172,803 (Mayor)

$102,608 (Councillor)
Elections
Last election         October 25, 2010
(45 seats)
Next election         October 27, 2014
(45 seats)
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2013-11-5 12:59:43 | 显示全部楼层
Give Rob Ford what he wants: release the video
Oozing deceit even as he professes sincerity, Ford exhausts the patience of all including the kindly octogenarian who urged him to take a leave, saying “the city will survive.”

Mayor Rob Ford apologized to the city during his weekly radio address on November 3. He did not offer to resign, and says he intends to keep working at his job.
By: Rosie DiManno Columnist, Published on Mon Nov 04 2013
Call his bluff, chief.
Because this mayor thinks you don’t have the nerve — even though you’ve got the video.
The last refuge of scoundrels: a half-assed apology, never really explaining what the apology is for.

A dare flung at Police Chief Bill Blair: Show me, show everybody, the crack video. Even though Blair’s top investigator has already publicly invited Mayor Rob Ford to come and have a look.

“Chief, I’m asking you to release this video. Now.”

For the love of God, give this goof what he wants.

But about the blanket apology? Forgiveness for transgressions cited and many others ignored? Put that mock mea culpa in your pipe and smoke it, Rob.

Not a word about the content of the crack video that’s finally resurfaced, if only for the eyes of police investigators.
Photos View photos

Mayor Rob Ford leaves CFRB NewsTalk 1010 after making an unspecific apology on the Ford brothers' weekly talk show on Sunday. zoom

Not a word about the endless lies, denials and evasions over these past six months. Not a word about his alarming relationship with riff-raff druggie slimeballs both accused and convicted — The Mob That Lives in Their Parents’ Basements.

Not a word about what was in those bags and manila envelopes buddy and occasional driver Sandro Lisi put into the mayor’s hands, in the mayor’s vehicle, during clandestine meetings.

Not a word about explosive court documents released last week.

Rob Ford’s statement on Newstalk 1010

Rob Ford’s interview on AM 640

Rob Ford apologizes for public drunkenness, but won't step down

Not a word about turning his city hall office into a mosh pit of drunken bacchanalia during late-night carousing on St. Patrick’s Day 2012, which was only disclosed in an incident report surrendered under a Freedom of Information request Friday.

Not a word about how he expects to continue with business as usual, in a political environment where even his closest allies have peeled off, where doubtless more shock-bombs will be detonated as media lawyers petition for release of redacted portions from search warrant information that had Mayor Rob Ford in its crosshairs.

The disingenuousness is staggering.

It cannot possibly play well with anybody outside the most lickspittle members of Ford Nation, which clearly doesn’t give a flying fig how Toronto’s mayor conducts himself. They’re waging a completely separate war from the chaos swirling around Ford, a rear-guard action against perceived elitists and latte-sippers and lefties, the bane of their mean-spirited existence.

Two hours of Jabberwocky Abbot & Costello — Rob and Doug Ford — gave us on their radio show Sunday, dialogue more absurdist than anything written by Harold Pinter or Tom Stoppard.

Rob: “I’ve just got to maybe slow down my drinking.”

Doug: “You’re as honest as the day is long.”

This was satire, right?

A handful of callers tried to cut through the self-serving dross and got nowhere: What are you talking about? What drug was in the glass pipe? What exactly are you apologizing for?

“I thought I made myself clear. … I’m apologizing for some mistakes I made in the past. I gave you a couple of examples ... being inebriated on the Danforth, being inebriated a 2 o’clock in the morning at city hall, running around with a half-full bottle of brandy . . . ”

To which Doug added a typically deflective yip: “Rob Ford doesn’t come in half-corked every day.”

It is to either laugh or weep.

Ford may have a drinking problem. But that is so hugely not the issue. Yet that, narrowly, is what the mayor addressed.

He’s getting a driver. Well, that settles that, then.

“I’m the first one to admit it I’m not perfect. … I have made mistakes and all I can do right now is apologize ... to my family, the citizens, the taxpayers of this great city and my colleagues on Toronto City Council.

“Unfortunately, I cannot change the past. I can just move forward and learn from the past, which I assure you I am doing. …

“I want to move forward.”

Of course he does.

No leave of absence to deal with his issues, certainly no resignation, and damn the consequences.

We have a mayor who was the target of an elaborate police investigation; a mayor who — as Blair has confirmed — appears on a video smoking what appears to be crack cocaine; a mayor who reels around town hammered to the gills; a mayor who hangs with the most unsavory of sleazies, even writes character reference letters for them on City of Toronto letterhead submitted in court.

Yet his apologists call into question Blair’s professional integrity, for announcing that there is a tape, cops have it — and at least one other — and it shows precisely what the Star reported way back in May?

Inexplicably, Ford still insists he can’t comment on a tape he hasn’t seen. Why? Who’s stopping him? Answer: Nobody.

“I asked Chief Blair to release this video immediately, now. I want to see it now,” he told 640 AM. “I’ll be more than happy to do a press conference tomorrow morning if it’s out in the next hour or so. …

“It is what it is. Whatever it is, I don’t know. I haven’t seen it.”

And: “When I see it, I’ll explain it … but I want everyone to see it.”

Blair was not in Toronto yesterday and may not yet have heard Ford’s challenge.

It took a plain-speaking, kindly octogenarian to offer the most valuable advance during this gonzo radio performance. “I’m 81 and I was a great supporter of you and your campaign. But I want you to listen to me. … I want you to take a medical leave. The city will survive. … You need it and I want Doug to quit being your enabler … please, your family deserves better.”

Ford “sincerely, sincerely” apologized.

Sadly, Rob wouldn’t recognize the truth if it bit him on his ample backside.

He claims to be “sincerely” sorry, yet oozes insincerity and duplicity.

This isn’t about the notorious tape or the booze or the bullying or the recklessness. It’s about the vast ethical void of a man who has nothing left to wield except his own deeply flawed character.

A city shakes its head in dismay.

Mayor Rob Ford is exhausting.
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2013-11-5 13:08:17 | 显示全部楼层
Look at this lair, everybody shut up your mouth!
Mayor Rob Ford: 'Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine'
Toronto mayor makes stunning admission during city hall scrum

CBC News Posted: Nov 05, 2013 12:34 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 05, 2013 1:00 PM ET
'Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine'       
?

'Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine' 3:15
Related Stories

Timeline: Toronto mayor Rob Fod

(Note: CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external links.)

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admitted Tuesday he has smoked crack cocaine "in one of my drunken stupors."

Ford made the shocking statement Tuesday at Toronto City Hall in a scrum with reporters.

“Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine,” Ford said.

“But, no — do I? Am I an addict, no? Have I tried it? Um, probably in one of my drunken stupors, probably approximately about a year ago.”

The mayor suggested that he hadn’t been lying when reporters previously asked him about the tape.

“So, I wasn’t lying. You didn’t ask the correct questions,” Ford said.

“No I’m not an addict and no, I do not do drugs. I made mistakes in the past and all I can do is apologize, but it is what it is and I can’t change the past.”

"Yes, I've made mistakes, all I can do now is apologize and move on," the mayor said. "I can apologize to my family, my friends, my colleagues and the people of this great city."

Last week, Toronto's police chief said authorities had recovered a video of the mayor with images that corresponded with media reports about him appearing to smoke crack cocaine.

Ford repeated a call for the tape to be released on Tuesday.

"I don't even recall there being a tape or a video and I know that. So I want to see the state that I was in. I wasn't lying," he told reporters.

Ford's admission comes after months of speculation that began in May of this year when reports surfaced that a video exists that shows the mayor smoking what appears to be crack cocaine.

Ford, 44, was elected as the mayor of Toronto three years ago. He still has another year to go in his current term.

During his time as mayor, Ford has consistently drawn headlines both for his work at city hall and his life outside of it.

Earlier this year, the Toronto Star and the U.S. gossip website Gawker each reported that someone had been shopping a video of the mayor using crack cocaine.

Ford denied both the video’s existence and using crack cocaine.
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2013-11-5 14:47:19 | 显示全部楼层
真搞不懂这儿还有这么多人相信一个会撒谎的市长,从他的视频出现到如今不得不承认,他就一直在撒谎.他可以在这件事上撒谎,他就会在任何事上撒谎,只要需要."无罪"推断论就是建立在一个诚信的社会基础上的.如果没有了诚信, 还谈何"无罪"推断?

评分

参与人数 2经验 +4 收起 理由
.黑. + 1
就是不给你用 + 3

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2013-11-5 17:51:32 | 显示全部楼层
看来胖福免费为多仑多服务的谣传不仅在咱们华人圈,今天有个白人同事也告诉我说,人家可是免费给多仑多干活的哦. 等俺把连接发给她后,她的头摇得像波浪鼓.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表