温度感觉: 16°
查看: 4097|回复: 26
打印 上一主题 下一主题

我要反问:亚裔孩子该干什么才算正常?

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-11-17 10:04:18 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

相关文章内容摘要

(本网博客)不知道《多伦多星报》说“亚裔学生被迫入大学”这样的话根据是什么,他们究竟调查访问了多少人得出的这个结论,我作为亚裔孩子的家长强烈不同意这样的说法,因为我的孩子不管是读大学本科还是硕士、不管是学校还是专业都是他自己选择的,我们只是给他一些建议 ... [ 查看全文 ]

§ 发表于 2010-11-17
赞同! 反问得好!
沙发
发表于 2010-11-17 10:06:23 | 只看该作者
谁跟你说的一年级 淘汰率 30% ,学校不想干了?
再说 ,那叫淘汰率吗?

转学我乐意,谁跟你说的 麦及尔  皇后 大学的学生不努力了?

这么白痴的逻辑,别出来丢人。。。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2010-11-17 10:20:11 | 只看该作者
什么人是亚裔,东亚裔和西亚裔,长相根本不同。
这帮白人,最怕非裔。非裔抢他们,杀他们,屁都不敢放一个。
为什么。非裔会上街。亚裔会上网。
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2010-11-17 10:22:33 | 只看该作者
应该是跟孩子的兴趣走,让他们选择更多元化,华人家长大部分要求孩子尽快读完中国大学,大学选科主要条件是向钱看,其实好象偏食一样,是不太健康的!

以前有朋友问我意见,我都是说先让孩子读个学术学位(物理,化学,数学,文学,哲学心理社会等等),再读个专业学位(商业,法律,教育,医学等等),学术学位是功,专业学位是拳,缺一不可!!!

不过大部分华人家长都是等不了,最好明天小孩就出来挣钱,加上大部分家长不懂学术跟专业分别!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2010-11-17 10:26:39 | 只看该作者
非常赞成作者观点。我工作在一个比较“白”的公司,100多人,90%是本地的。不少人40多岁就当姥姥奶奶了。他们的子女有些是未婚父母,或是还在上大学的单身父母,当然也有和中国人家庭差不多的。从和他们的谈话中得知很多人年轻时都有过或多或少的吸毒经历,之后上个学,现在也都有了正常的工作,过着体面的生活。我想也许是受家庭影响,不同的人有不同的成长和受教育的经历。
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2010-11-17 10:33:33 | 只看该作者
I am here to introduce one of a famous book written by Thomas Friedman, the name of the book is :The World Is Flat. its A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century.

its basically telling readers that things changing in 21 century, when the sun rises in the morning, kids from China and indian have already started their racing game, therefor, kids from north-American should run before get too later to catch them up. other races should wake-up for the alert......

History of the world twenty years from now, and they come to the chapter "Y2K to March 2004," what will they say was the most crucial development? The attacks on the World Trade Center on 9/11 and the Iraq war? Or the convergence of technology and events that allowed India, China, and so many other countries to become part of the global supply chain for services and manufacturing, creating an explosion of wealth in the middle classes of the world's two biggest nations, giving them a huge new stake in the success of globalization? And with this "flattening" of the globe, which requires us to run faster in order to stay in place, has the world gotten too small and too fast for human beings and their political systems to adjust in a stable manner?

In this brilliant new book, the award-winning New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman demystifies the brave new world for readers, allowing them to make sense of the often bewildering global scene unfolding before their eyes. With his inimitable ability to translate complex foreign policy and economic issues, Friedman explains how the flattening of the world happened at the dawn of the twenty-first century; what it means to countries, companies, communities, and individuals; and how governments and societies can, and must, adapt. The World Is Flat is the timely and essential update on globalization, its successes and discontents, powerfully illuminated by one of our most respected journalists.

source: http://www.thomaslfriedman.com/bookshelf/the-world-is-flat
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2010-11-17 10:34:04 | 只看该作者
to "funny man"

I heard of the drop rate is very high in some U of T 's program too, but most of the drop outs are the white kids who don't want to study hard.
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2010-11-17 12:10:08 | 只看该作者
I don't see any legitimate arguments in the whole article. Here are a few examples:

"难道要剥夺亚裔孩子受教育的权利吗?加国出生的学生不愿申请读大学是他们的自由和权利,华裔加拿大学生愿意申请读大学同样是他们的自由和权利,凭什么要质疑?这样的质疑不是带有种族优越感、种族歧视是什么? "

"不知道《多伦多星报》说“亚裔学生被迫入大学”这样的话根据是什么,他们究竟调查访问了多少人得出的这个结论" "至少华裔家长通常都很尊重孩子的兴趣爱好,对孩子有要求但绝没强迫": So you 访问了多少人得出 your 结论?

Hers is the bottom line: Do your kids give up too much to achieve their academic excellence?
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2010-11-17 12:52:06 | 只看该作者
同意作者的观点.孩子在成长过程中家长的指点和影响是起关键作用的.如果在这个阶段听之任之,是对他们不负责任.华人重视教育是值得发扬的.不能看到加人的子女早早就工作,结婚,生孩子就怀疑自己.就象有人说GIFTED PROGREM里多数是华人子女,就说白人不愿让孩子上因为他们不想让孩子有压力.事实是他们真得没有能力竞争过华人子女,所以干脆放弃.白鬼子更善于"吃不到葡萄就说葡萄酸".
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2010-11-17 13:16:25 | 只看该作者
好文章,非常赞同。我住在白人为主的小城市,我儿子上四年级从两岁开始学习游泳,滑冰,滑雪并加入一个俱乐部打了两年冰球一直是队里主要得分手。五岁开始学钢琴,是问了他很多遍而且告诉他练琴可能会很枯燥很辛苦你是否真的愿意学,得到肯定答复才学的。当地每年两次的钢琴比赛都是拿第一或第二有两次还得到了奖学金,其实他每周只有三天时间练琴每次就练三十分钟左右。他还曾学过画画和跳舞觉得不是很喜欢就停了。我们告诉他无论学什么你觉得HAPPY,ENJOY最重要。我们从没让他参加过任何文化课补习班,他在学校的功课可以说是名列前茅,尤其是阅读和数学类永远都是A。在学校里他喜欢踢足球打篮球,我看他每天除了玩还是玩。曾经他班里有几个白人家长不约而同问过我差不多相同的问题,你儿子学习那么好你都给他上了什么补习课,我很认真的告诉他们没有补习课,没有额外作业,他拥有所有市面上流行的游戏机,完成老师留的作业外就是玩。但是我要求他当写作业,读书,练琴,打冰球时要充分利用这段时间,集中全部心思和精力(用心用脑)去完成你的事情,事半功倍。我们从来没给过他学习的压力,也从没讲过将来一定要读大学之类的话,但是对你喜欢要做的事情要认真对待。多数技术移民是受过高等教育的,思想活跃很开化懂得尊重孩子的想法和选择。写那篇文章的人没有做充分的调查,是以偏概全。
回复

使用道具 举报

11#
发表于 2010-11-17 14:02:55 | 只看该作者
"I don't see any legitimate arguments in the whole article. ..."

You mean we should  all shut up and just listen??? sounds like we don't know better about ourselves...why?
回复

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2010-11-17 14:54:28 | 只看该作者
I don't see any legitimate arguments in the whole article. Here are a few examples:

"难道要剥夺亚裔孩子受教育的权利吗?加国出生的学生不愿申请读大学是他们的自由和权利,华裔加拿大学生愿意申请读大学同样是他们的自由和权利,凭什么要质疑?这样的质疑不是带有种族优越感、种族歧视是什么? "

"不知道《多伦多星报》说“亚裔学生被迫入大学”这样的话根据是什么,他们究竟调查访问了多少人得出的这个结论" "至少华裔家长通常都很尊重孩子的兴趣爱好,对孩子有要求但绝没强迫": So you 访问了多少人得出 your 结论?

Hers is the bottom line: Do your kids give up too much to achieve their academic excellence?
loneshepherd 发表于 2010-11-17 13:10 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

没看懂是吧?回去读个本科就看懂了。
回复

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2010-11-17 15:24:06 | 只看该作者
大家不知道为什么这么敏感,
你们要做的是找找他们文章里有没有种族字眼就够了,
比如“too ansian”显然带有种族偏见但够不着种族歧视,
然后再逐行看看有没有种族歧视的字眼,
如果没找着,就顺着种族偏见闹事就完了,
至于别人建议你小孩将来干什么,
这不是言论学术自由吗?
你不相信就当他放屁好了,
改明儿你也写学术论文建议白人小孩大街上最自由,
且空间广阔,不用工作有人给钱,
就这么点事,自己气得不行,
真想不明白,
某些华人长期把自己摆在一个弱势地位,
别人写什么自己愤怒什么,
将来别人提到亚洲人就害怕,
没人惹你,你清静了,
就像黑人区那样,一个白人没有,
别人躲得远远的。
大方一点嘛!
回复

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2010-11-17 16:51:37 | 只看该作者

我要反问:亚裔孩子该干什么才算正常?

本帖最后由 XPD 于 2010-11-17 17:08 编辑
谁跟你说的一年级 淘汰率 30% ,学校不想干了?
再说 ,那叫淘汰率吗?

转学我乐意,谁跟你说的 麦及尔  皇后 大学的学生不努力了?

这么白痴的逻辑,别出来丢人。。。。。。。
funnyman 发表于 2010-11-17 10:06 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

All Canadian universities are easy to get in, hard to get out. When I studied at Queen's university for my master's degree, I remembered that I hadn't had a single day off, even in the Christams Day. I didn't enjoy my study for one bit, just feel lucky that I survived and got the dam degree.
There was a young Chinese girl at Urban planning, the study was so intense for her which caused her heart problem and she was sent back to China just in three months time. So many students had anxiety attack due to the enormous pressure, some even had suicidal attempt. The school had to increase the number of student counselors to make sure that nobody dies. In undergraduate Political science program usually only 1/3 of the students graduate and get a degree.
回复

使用道具 举报

15#
发表于 2010-11-17 17:15:24 | 只看该作者
只有死掉的黄种人孩子才是好孩子!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表