1179920918.gif
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-23 07:03:27 | 只看该作者

Divorce hits men harder: StatsCan

May 22, 2007 03:22 PM
Lorrayne Anthony
Canadian press

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/216363

The stereotype might be that a man relishes trading his wife for a fast car or a younger woman, but a new study finds that men appear to take separation harder than women.

While both men and women whose marriages have dissolved have a higher risk of being depressed than people who remained with their spouses, a Statistics Canada study found that men who had divorced or separated were six times more likely to report an episode of depression compared with men who remained married.

Women who had undergone marital breakups were 3.5 times more likely to have had bouts of depression than their counterparts who were still in relationships.

The survey found that 12 per cent of people who were no longer in a relationship reported a new episode of depression, while just three per cent of those who remained in a relationship had suffered new depression.

Michelle Rotermann, the author of the study, said she was surprised, and also not surprised, by the results.

"On the one hand we know depression in general tends to be more common among women, but there is also a lot of evidence that shows that men have fewer social supports and social support does seem to play a role," she said.

"erhaps one of the reasons why men are more at risk of experiencing subsequent depression is because one of their main sources of social support is their partner, their spouse, and now she is no longer there," said Rotermann, an analyst at Statistics Canada.

Nineteen per cent of men who were no longer with their spouse found a decline in social support, while only six per cent of men who remained in a relationship found a drop. Among women the proportions were 11 per cent for those no longer in a relationship and five for those who were.

Jenni Tipper, a research associate with the Vanier Institute of the Family in Ottawa, said "typically women are much better at building and maintaining social supports, which isn't often the case for men."

After a breakup, women tended to live in households with an income ranking far below that of their male counterparts. In fact, nearly 30 per cent of recently divorced or separated men actually experienced an improvement in the ranking of their adjusted household income, the study reported.

The study found that 34 per cent of men and three per cent of women were residing with at least one less child after the breakdown of their relationship.

Tipper said the study is a good reminder that the breakdown of a marriage is an extremely challenging transition for everybody involved.

"We sometimes tend to think that it's the woman who bears the brunt of a divorce outcome. And there is no question that women experience higher levels of economic strife," Tipper said. "What we tend to forget in many instances, for the men in particular, they see children all but removed from their lives, which is a huge impact on your life."

The study said the relationship between marital breakup and depression was independent of other factors associated with breakups – changes in household income, social support or the number of children in the household.

More than three-quarters of those who suffered depression in the post-relationship period were no longer depressed four years after the breakup, the findings show.

"It sort of suggests that, for the majority, the effects of your relationship breaking up ... people seem to get back on their feet but there is this significant minority for whom trouble seems to persist," said Rotermann.

The study was based on longitudinal data from the National Population Health Survey, which was taken at two-year intervals between 1994 and 2005. The 7,614 respondents were between the ages of 20 and 64, and free of depression and in a relationship the first time they were interviewed.

1179921807.gif (0 Bytes, 下载次数: 0)

1179921807.gif
板凳
发表于 2007-5-23 08:54:22 | 只看该作者

当局者迷是很正常的现象

还是木然有胆魄,把现实摆在老李面前;
李海峰报道说爆出“罗生门”,结果老李问我罗生门是怎么回事,我不得不把战后日本复兴的历史给他讲了一遍。
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-23 09:33:45 | 只看该作者

很累--中国男人

http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/4a821514010008ne

中国男人一生在女人身上要花199万

一个成年的中国男人拼死拼活的工作挣钱为了什么?为了女人,为了他所爱的女人能够生活的更好,而男人究竟又能从女人那里得到些什么?性、温暖、炫耀、寄托还是……在中国,一个年薪20万的还算基本成功的中国男人和一个年收入不到一万元的社会底层的中国男人从女人那里得到的一切,如性满足、家庭的温暖等感受基本是一样的,而女性却有着截然不同的体会。那么,如果一个中国男人要使自己的女人体会到幸福和快乐,他一生要在女人身上花多少钱呢?

先看看我们的生活基本需要――

恋爱:就以两年来计算。每周三次娱乐,包括看电影、吃饭、泡吧以及开房,一次消费平均600元,一个月大约2400元,那么,两年时间耗资约6万元。

购买礼物及其他:包括服装、化妆品、首饰、鲜花,以及外出旅游等,一年2万不多,两年就满打满算5万元。

结婚:就以我身边一个普通的公司职员为例,20万婚礼还算是较为朴素。

房子:购买一套住房,100平米不算奢侈,按照一般大中型城市房价的平均值来计算,100平米×8000元(包括装修)=80万。目前,这个价格不算离谱。

车子:一辆15万的大众化的家用轿车,如果10年更换一次,算30年就需要45万,车辆的相关费用1万5千,30年又是45万。

抚养孩子:根据目前中国的现状,将一个孩子养育直至大学毕业自食其力,60万要花。

家庭开支:一个生活在城市的三口之家,一个月花费3500元能够保证生活质量,3500元×12个月×30年=126万。

其他费用诸如医疗、退休养老等,由于有国家的保障,忽略不计。

以上的费用比如房子、车子、结婚费用、抚养孩子、家庭开支等并不是男方一个人支出,女方也要承担,为了便于计算,就算一人一半,但大多数情况下,在中国家庭,女方的收入都低于男方。那么,这样我们算算一共需要多少钱:恋爱6万+购买礼物5万+(婚礼20万÷2)+(房子80万÷2)+(车子90万÷2)+(抚养孩子60万÷2)+(家庭开支126万÷2)=199万。

天啊,这就是一个中国男人一生花在女人身上的钱。比如我,目前年薪6万元,30年也才180万,那差额的20万到哪里去弥补?这还是普通的,平凡的生活。都说中国男人活得累,真是不算不知道,只有努力工作,拼命赚钱了!
5#
发表于 2007-5-23 12:49:46 | 只看该作者
Tired.  Not quite.  The following sums up how much I spent on my girlfriend for 3 years:

恋爱: The cost is zero.  Watch television at her house 5 times a week. She provides dinner. Assuming each dinner costs $5, that's a net gain of $3,900 in 3 years.

购买礼物及其他: a profit of $500.  I never bought her anything.  I told her birthday is the relationship between the sun and the earth, and Christmas is not for a non Christian. She bought me clothes I never wear.

结婚: Who is the no brainer getting married nowadays!!!

房子:We don't live together.  This is very popular in New York City. When I need it, I go to her house.  When she needs it, I go to her house one more time.

车子: She drives hers and I mine.

抚养孩子:I am too old to raise any kids.

家庭开支:She looks after hers and I mine.

So, in 3 years, I have a net gain of $4,400.  There are lots of freebies in Canada.  Why bother!
6#
发表于 2007-5-23 13:37:18 | 只看该作者

回复:[讨论][评论]木然:再谈李向东事件 走出新闻以外

最初由[夏侯草]发布
[讨论][评论]木然:再谈李向东事件 走出新闻以外

熟话说‘清官难断家务事’,家庭问题的发展是和两个当事人分不开的,一个巴掌拍不响,外力的干预更不见得是好事。

希望透过这次讨论,网友们可以正确处理好家务事。

可曾记得"8人小组"当年辉煌
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-23 13:59:36 | 只看该作者

难忘的战斗

最初由[小心为上]发布
回复:[讨论][评论]木然:再谈李向东事件 走出新闻以外

可曾记得"8人小组"当年辉煌

难忘的战斗,还有那个阳光姐姐
8#
发表于 2007-5-23 14:03:03 | 只看该作者

回复:难忘的战斗

最初由[夏侯草]发布
难忘的战斗

难忘的战斗,还有那个阳光姐姐

吃一堑长一智, 下回就不会那么阳光了
9#
发表于 2007-5-23 15:28:26 | 只看该作者
俺也不知道你们抨击的是谁?

是平权会过了?还是木然不该管?

是8人小组还是SUNNY姐姐?
10#
发表于 2007-5-23 18:20:02 | 只看该作者
华人、华人媒体、媒体人、华人团体还是窝里斗比较有专业精神,带血的馒头真好吃。
11#
发表于 2007-5-23 21:17:42 | 只看该作者
反正这是血的教训:打死不能出名,无论是好名还是坏名
12#
发表于 2007-5-23 22:48:45 | 只看该作者
最初由[Sedona]发布
Tired.  Not quite.  The following sums up how much I spent on my girlfriend for 3 years:

恋爱: The cost is zero.  Watch television at her house 5 times a week. She provides dinner. Assuming each dinner costs $5, that's a net gain of $3,900 in 3 years.

购买礼物及其他: a profit of $500.  I never bought her anything.  I told her birthday is the relationship between the sun and the earth, and Christmas is not for a non Christian. She bought me clothes I never wear.

结婚: Who is the no brainer getting married nowadays!!!

房子:We don't live together.  This is very popular in New York City. When I need it, I go to her house.  When she needs it, I go to her house one more time.

车子: She drives hers and I mine.

抚养孩子:I am too old to raise any kids.

家庭开支:She looks after hers and I mine.

So, in 3 years, I have a net gain of $4,400.  There are lots of freebies in Canada.  Why bother!

It seems you're lucky to find a girl without brain.  
13#
发表于 2007-5-27 11:01:18 | 只看该作者
最初由[芸芸众生]发布
俺也不知道你们抨击的是谁?

是平权会过了?还是木然不该管?

是8人小组还是SUNNY姐姐?

最后结论:李先生是"唐僧", 杨女士是"白骨精".
14#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-27 11:57:16 | 只看该作者

根据楼上硕士的推论

最初由[芸芸众生]发布
俺也不知道你们抨击的是谁?