前一段吵得挺凶的那个官司吧
5#
发表于 2007-1-20 22:46:48 | 只看该作者
就是错别字太多了,像吃了苍蝇一样。
6#
发表于 2007-1-21 10:54:50 | 只看该作者

I Don't Understand

秀娟怎么也没有想到自己的孩子会被一个白人骗走

I don't understand Canada is a lawful country and why a Chinese kid can be taken away by a white con-artist.

大郭在多大的实验室做了四年的博士后

I don't understand why a post-doc can't find a full time job in a local college, in a lab, or a smaller university else where in Canada, USA, Asia and Africa.

可是养孩子呢,不说孩子的吃用,光是请个保姆就要花去近千元一月。

I don't understand why so many Canadians earning a minimum wage have kids one after another.  Those educated tends to apply cost and benefit analysis before having any kids.

秀娟的爸妈虽然也只是一般工厂工人,可是好歹是城里人,有单位分房,有医疗,养老保险,所以,当时看到唯一的女儿这般的执迷不悟除了暴跳如雷,发誓断绝关系也没有其它的方法。

I don't understand why in 2007, we are having the same mindset and using the same language of 1911.

觉得就这么一个女儿还要被这个农民的儿子带走

I don't know why the "class" difference has become the theme of this essay.  China and India are real twin brothers.

面试是在圣诞前夕

I don't understand why the author wrote a fiction to reflect life of Chinese immigrants in Canada, without any knowledge of Canada.  Who would do an interview on Christmas eve?

岂不知在加拿大overqualified 和underqualified没有什么大的区别,说到底就是没戏

I don't understand the meaning of overqualified.  Human Resources may tell you "you are not a good fit to the position". You may have a PhD in English Literature, but you are not qualified for a caretaking position.  The key is good fit, not over or under qualification.

秀娟捧着电话号啕大哭,电话那头的香港律师可没有这种耐心,他的小时费是120刀,可没有空听一个大陆女人在这里干嚎。林小姐,你不要冲动,如果现在带孩子离境,你就是挟制未成年加拿大公民,那时候我可保不住你了,就这样,你赶紧给人家打个电话,有情况我和你联络,嘟嘟嘟嘟…

I don't understand what the author means.  To expose how legally ignorant 秀娟 is?

生怕大郭哪里受伤什么的,一个手无缚鸡之力的书呆子怎么扛得了50磅一包的纸箱子

I don't understand why 大郭 was doing a job he was not a good fit to such a position.
7#
发表于 2007-1-21 13:33:02 | 只看该作者
Sedona
所有你不理解的事情都真实存在。有些还是大量存在。“圣诞前夕”不是“圣诞前夜”。建议发表看法之前先三思,不要在此显露自己的无知与刻薄。
好文,继续写下去,一定会有许多读者的。
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-1-21 14:02:14 | 只看该作者

同感:不要在细节上吹毛求疵。

我也有同感。
1、这篇文章,总体来说,从形式到内容,都很不错,读得很舒服、很亲切。不要在细节上吹毛求疵。

2、再说,每个个人都非“全知”,你所知的,可能只是大象的一腿。

最初由[GongYiZhiSheng]发布
Sedona
好文,继续写下去,一定会有许多读者的。
9#
发表于 2007-1-21 14:22:31 | 只看该作者
哈哈,写得不错,作者还使用了意识流的写作手法呢。总体来说是很好的。

1169407351.gif (0 Bytes, 下载次数: 0)

1169407351.gif
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-1-21 14:37:29 | 只看该作者

这是小说。人才啊!

“深入生活”创作出来的好小说。
不“深入”到脖子,是创作不出来的。
11#
发表于 2007-1-21 17:09:04 | 只看该作者

Head or Tail

最初由[GongYiZhiSheng]发布
Sedona
好文,继续写下去,一定会有许多读者的。

。“圣诞前夕”不是“圣诞前夜”?????  I don't see the difference.  Let's say December 24, which is a work day, but nothing significant will happen.  Who would arrange a job interview on December 24.

You see the head; I offer you the tail.  Nobody has the whole picture, but don't use Chinese mindset to interpret Canada.  We will be in trouble.

All trained human resources professionals will not say you are qualified.  They will say you are not a good fit.  Rejecting a job application based on lack of Canadian experience is against the law, which HR will not do.  It doesn't mean it does not exist, but HR just won't do it.

In job hunting, new immigrants believe they are over qualified.  Some say they are doctors from China but cannot do even a nurse's job in Canada.  They are not over qualified.  They don't meet the qualification; nursing is a different career. The same applies to an engineer and a technician.

Chinese new immigrants refuse to integrate, adjust to and accept Canadian way of business.  Everything is wrong here.
12#
发表于 2007-1-21 17:10:36 | 只看该作者

回复:这是小说。人才啊!

最初由[墨子]发布
这是小说。人才啊!

“深入生活”创作出来的好小说。
不“深入”到脖子,是创作不出来的。

The author is living in "Chinatown", not in the mainstream community, so her fiction reflects her views.
13#
发表于 2007-1-21 17:14:26 | 只看该作者

回复:Head or Tail

最初由[Sedona]发布
Head or Tail

。“圣诞前夕”不是“圣诞前夜”?????  I don't see the difference.  Let's say December 24, which is a work day, but nothing significant will happen.  Who would arrange a job interview on December 24.

You see the head; I offer you the tail.  Nobody has the whole picture, but don't use Chinese mindset to interpret Canada.  We will be in trouble.

All trained human resources professionals will not say you are qualified.  They will say you are not a good fit.  Rejecting a job application based on lack of Canadian experience is against the law, which HR will not do.  It doesn't mean it does not exist, but HR just won't do it.

In job hunting, new immigrants believe they are over qualified.  Some say they are doctors from China but cannot do even a nurse's job in Canada.  They are not over qualified.  They don't meet the qualification; nursing is a different career. The same applies to an engineer and a technician.

Chinese new immigrants refuse to integrate, adjust to and accept Canadian way of business.  Everything is wrong here.
You speak good English and have some good points.  
14#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-1-21 22:52:19 | 只看该作者

我较爱看描写“下层”人民生活的作品,没办法。

最初由[Sedona]发布
回复:这是小说。人才啊!
The author is living in "Chinatown", not in the mainstream community, so her fiction reflects her views.
15#
发表于 2007-1-22 10:02:46 | 只看该作者

回复:我较爱看描写“下层”人民生活的作品,没办法。

最初由[墨子]发布
我较爱看描写“下层”人民生活的作品,没办法。

Living in Chinatown doesn't mean 下层.  What we need to do is to appreciate the positive aspects of both Chinese and Canadian culture. Whether we like Canada or not, we live here and returning to China is a matter of impossibility (I don't have Chinese citizenship anymore).  We have to learn how to integrate into the Canadian society for our own good.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表