温度感觉: 24°
查看: 2050|回复: 19
打印 上一主题 下一主题

中国教授在美租房 将房子糟蹋成“狗窝”

跳转到指定楼层
推荐
 楼主| 发表于 2015-8-31 13:28:29 来自触屏版 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式

相关文章内容摘要

今(31)日,《在美国把房子租给中国大学教授的惨痛经历》一文成为微信热点。一位在美国的留学生在文中称,把房子租给天津大学一位80后副教授后,房子“变成狗窝”。 ... [ 查看全文 ]

§ 发表于 2015-8-31
佟思亮的房子是租赁的公寓,依照美国法律,转租(subletting)需要获得业主(landlord)的批准.学生的公寓更不能随意转租。至于汽车借用问题,驾车人至少购买美国或加拿大的汽车保险,没有保险,如果在北美驾车,就是违法。
16#
发表于 2015-9-3 15:48:44 | 只看该作者
Schell 发表于 2015-9-2 02:14
你不懂法?车子不能借给没有合法证件的人驾驶?车主收了钱,商业行为了,这都有法律问题。
转租也涉及法 ...

你真笨,不能到网上去搜搜呀。

美国的:
Q:my roommate wants to borrow my car he has not renewed his license what is my liability and what happens to my insurance if he gets stopped or has an accident。

A:Robert Edward Heyman
Robert Edward Heyman
Personal Injury Lawyer
Saint Petersburg, FL FL licensed
Posted on May 17, 2011
Under no circumstances should you loan your car to your roommate who does not possess a valid driver's license. If he gets stopped, he's going to be cited for No Valid Driver's License and probably for not having proof of insurance. Your car may be towed and you would have to pay towing and storage charges to get it back.

If he gets in a wreck for which he is at fault, the injured parties will come after YOU, not your roommate. While your insurance may provide coverage and pay damages up to your policy limits, your policy may have a "coverage defense" under which the insurer can deny coverage if you knowingly permit an unlicensed driver to operate the vehicle.

In the long term, even if the insurance company pays a claim, expect your coverage to be cancelled.

Enough said???

Robert E. Heyman, Esq

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-is-my-liability-allowing-an-unlicensed-driver-462681.html

加拿大的:

A friend asked to borrow my car, and I’m wondering about the implications of lending out my vehicle. Is this a bad idea? – Geeta in Brampton, Ont.

It was Polonius (with a little help from Shakespeare) who said “neither a borrower nor a lender be,” but at some point we’ve all done one, the other or both. Whether someone asks to use your vehicle for a camping trip or a quick jaunt to the grocery store, it can be tough to say no – but there are a few things to consider before saying yes.

“When you lend your car or truck to another driver, you’re also lending them the insurance that goes with it, and the good driving record you’ve established with that car. Because of that, it’s well worth taking time to understand and ask some questions before lending out your vehicle,” says Natalie Dupuis, senior product manager, auto, at RBC Insurance.

Make sure you know what kind of driver they are, how long it’s been since they’ve driven, and whether anyone else will be using the car. In addition, you want to ensure that anyone operating your vehicle is legally allowed to drive.

If not, what’s the worse that could happen?

Let’s say they’re not licensed to drive, then there’s a possibility that the insurance policy attached to the car won’t respond to a claim, and that means the owner of the vehicle may be responsible for damages and injuries sustained in that accident,” says Dupuis.

“The financial risk can be fairly serious. That’s the extreme side of it; the other part is if they have an accident it will likely affect your own insurance premium. So if you’ve kept a good record and kept your premiums down, suddenly someone else’s accident is driving up your premiums.”

If an individual is driving your car on a somewhat regular basis, and especially if they live in the same household, your insurance company should be made aware so they can decide if an additional premium applies. Withholding this information could invalidate your coverage.

For the individual borrowing a vehicle, there’s more to think about than obtaining the keys and filling the tank.

Check to make sure that the vehicle registration is valid, and the insurance attached to it is valid and sufficient. “You should get the liability slip from the owner, and the dates on it should coincide with the time that you’re borrowing it. And ask the question: is this policy active and in good standing?” says Dupuis.http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commuting/to-lend-or-not-to-lend-your-car/article4452856/

回复

使用道具 举报

15#
 楼主| 发表于 2015-9-2 02:14:07 来自触屏版 | 只看该作者
1234321 发表于 2015-9-1 16:44
那是这个吊教授违法,跟出租者有毛关系呀。你咋逻辑混乱,还到处呀呀,不丢脸吗。 ...

你不懂法?车子不能借给没有合法证件的人驾驶?车主收了钱,商业行为了,这都有法律问题。
转租也涉及法律法规问题,你脑筋不会动,我说一句,你就只认一句?你就这样在北美生活?
回复

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2015-9-1 14:44:54 | 只看该作者
Schell 发表于 2015-9-1 01:07
Driving without insurance, is this not a criminal offence?
Driving without a valid license(For USA ...

那是这个吊教授违法,跟出租者有毛关系呀。你咋逻辑混乱,还到处呀呀,不丢脸吗。
回复

使用道具 举报

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2015-9-1 01:07:38 来自触屏版 | 只看该作者
robertforst 发表于 2015-8-31 18:24
汽车出借给他人驾驶,不违法。车祸出保险也不违法. 但是出了重大車禍  車主也可能被告到傾家蕩產........ ...

Driving without insurance, is this not a criminal offence?
Driving without a valid license(For USA or Canada), is this not a criminal offence?
回复

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2015-8-31 16:24:40 | 只看该作者
1234321 发表于 2015-8-31 12:12
1。没看租约,不能判断subletting是否违规。很多租约是允许转租的。
2。汽车出借给他人驾驶,不违法。车祸 ...

汽车出借给他人驾驶,不违法。车祸出保险也不违法. 但是出了重大車禍  車主也可能被告到傾家蕩產........... 另外出租物件也牽涉稅法. 不可不慎!
回复

使用道具 举报

11#
发表于 2015-8-31 16:01:03 | 只看该作者
"作者佟思亮称,自己生活在美国威斯康辛大学,因暑期要到芝加哥实习,因此把自己在威斯康辛的房子和车子租给暑期到访的天津大学副教授秦国轩。"

在美國 除非至親  很少聽到過有個人把汽車出借或出租.
房子轉租 及 汽車出租, 牽涉到 法律, 稅務, 及萬一出事的風險問題. 千萬要很小心處理這類事情.
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2015-8-31 15:37:01 | 只看该作者
房客确实有不足。

但是房东也太矫情。从发的首张照片,以及微波炉,冰箱的脏的程度来看,很普通。说是“狗窝”太过分。

前面的房客走后,房东自己也应该仔细打扫。一般的房客都是这样的。

我自己也是真的房东,房客走的时候过分多了。平时的微波炉要比照片上脏的多了,都是我自己在打扫。昨天刚擦过离开房客用过的冰箱,要比这脏多了。如果自己不扫,就得要出钱雇人来干。房东那几个租金不容易啊。
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2015-8-31 15:32:51 | 只看该作者
这房东是不是洁癖,只是乱点也不至于小题大做,
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2015-8-31 15:06:52 | 只看该作者
大家都在讨论房东是否违法,我想说的是:这件事应该是真的!
回复

使用道具 举报