标题: 回复:[评论]五大生存难题困扰加拿大华人新移民
最初由[barac]发布
[评论]五大生存难题困扰加拿大华人新移民

这总算说到点子上了,我认为:“实际上,技术移民在加拿大拼得不是专业而是英语”,英语是“革命斗争”的武器,要从战略的角度重新认识它。

他奶奶的,要想和当地人拼英语,只有下辈子了.
作者: Sedona    时间: 2007-1-21 17:52
标题: Culture
IMHO, culture is the biggest barrier.

For example, the term 专业 has a very different concept in Canada.  专业 in university education in China in fact means discipline, major, concentration or specialization in Canada.

专业 in Canada or USA means regulated professionals by their colleges, e.g. doctors, lawyers, teachers, engineers, social workers, nurses and psychologists.

If you specialize in 专业 history, I am sorry you can't never find such a 专业 in Canada.

Another difficulty is Chinese immigrants adopts rumours as the rules, e.g. 没有本地文凭或者工作经验, which is not true.

Regulated professionals listed above require local diploma or equivalent.  Is that reasonable?  I think so.  I would not want to accept a surgery by a "doctor" who graduated from say Congo Republic, without a re-certification process.  How can I trust his skill level?  It is reasonable for these colleges to set their standards.  You have to re-qualify in order to practise.

If you don't belong to the regulated professionals, who cares if you have local diploma.  Don't tell me the Canadian insurance companies reject your business degree from China or your insurance sales experience.  That's not true.

How about Canadian experience?  It is against the law to reject a job applicant because of lack of Canadian experience. All HR staff will say you are not the good fit to the position.

Chinese immigrants draw their boundary to restrict their growth and development.  Break through please the cultural barrier to see the outside world.

I don't agree English is the top barrier.  There are over 500 employees in my company; everyone speaks English with an accent.  We are very patient to accomodate and to understand others.

Instead, some of the behaviour of Chinese immigrants, because of the cultural restriction, is the major reason for their struggle.

欢迎光临 无忧论坛 (https://bbs.51.ca/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2