打印 上一主题 下一主题

市选投票: 对福特说不

楼主
发表于 2010-10-5 07:33:18 | 显示全部楼层

到底谁弱智?

好像西方人说“像狗一样工作”,和中国人说“像老黄牛一样工作”是一个意思吧?就好像中国人说:我不是夜猫子。西方人则会说:I'm not a night dog。
拿这个来做文章,是不是有点弱智啊?
实在人 发表于 2010-10-5 03:28

这绝非是文化差异问题,当年福特发出“亚裔人抢占地盘”的言论,一群包括土生的亚裔人士挺身出来抗议,那些在英文和西方文化里天天摸爬滚打、以白人为主的市议会破天荒投票通过决议,要求福特向亚裔人士道歉。按照“实在人”的想法,这些人都是“弱智”?

福特屡屡侵犯亚裔和移民,在选举期间又说出“不欢迎移民”的言论,被团体评为“族裔公平”不及格。倒是某些人明明知道福特有歧视言论,依然掩耳盗铃式地替他辩护,甚至还有些中医造反派要给他办筹款晚宴,那才是被人卖了还替人数钱。“智商”高得过头了!
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2010-10-5 07:34:05 | 显示全部楼层

推動「族裔公平」得分懸殊.史振民最高 福特不及格

綜合報道

致力於「族裔平等、人類尊嚴與社會公平」的倡權組織為多倫多市長候選人推動「族裔公平」方面評分,史振民(George Smitherman)得分最高,為B+;福特(Rob Ford)則不及格,為F;介於中間的為彭德龍(Joe Pantalone),得分B,羅西為(Rocco Rossi)C分。

該團體名為「關注及改變族裔貧窮運動網絡」(Colour of Poverty Campaign-Colour of Change Network,簡稱COP/C),包括多倫多東南亞法律研究中心(Metro Toronto Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic)、非裔加拿大人法律研究中心(African Canadian Legal Clinic)、阿拉伯裔加拿大人聯會(Canadian Arab Federation)、安省南亞法律研究中心(South Asian Legal Clinic of Ontario)及安省移民服務機構聯合會(Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants)等。

政綱優先次序為評分標準

COP/C的評分標準為,候選人政綱的重點及優先次序。其中包括:擴大廉租屋、非公民可享有投票權、支持就業平等計劃、少數族裔獲得市府提供的計劃與服務。COP/C還評估候選人是否「真正理解、讚同及遵循多市的座右銘『多元化是我們的優勢』。」

該項評估報告將於周一正式公佈。報告中指出,福特是拒絕與該團體會晤機會的唯一主要市長候選人。

史振民競選團女發言人莫澤絲(Erika Mozes)表示:「調查中所涉及到的問題是多倫多選民非常關心的,從中可以看到史振民與福特在這些問題上的差異。」「史振民長期以來關注這類問題。」

多倫多東南亞法律研究中心總監吳瑤瑤認為,史振民的評分之所以比彭德龍略高,是因為其就業平等競選政綱更廣泛,而且,與彭德龍不同,他更願意考慮蒐集多市的族裔資料。

彭德龍的發言人史密斯(Mike Smith)則表示:「注意到史振民得分略高,似乎是根據其許諾而定,並不一定說明他實際上會遵守其承諾。」他又說:「需要很多資源,與此同時,史振民的競選政綱基於削減多市的資源之上。」

吳瑤瑤表示,COP/C發表評分報告的部分原因是希望向候選人施加壓力,重視對「弱勢群體」重要的問題。例如,競選運動至今,稅賦沉重及浪費公帑現象等被極大忽視。

「星報」記者周日下午試圖聯絡福特與羅西競選團隊,但未獲回應。資料來源:星報
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2010-10-6 17:54:27 | 显示全部楼层

福特关心华人?

那些给福特送钱“后援会”的中医造反派使劲说捧福特,好像福特能给他们关心中医的事情。但是福特说多元化不是他的重点。今日,在至今唯一的一场专门针对华人的市长候选人辩论会上,唯独福特缺席不参加。
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2010-10-6 18:48:02 | 显示全部楼层
回复 45# 仐囸驲

中医造反派跟福特一个德性。喜欢拿性器官争论,“战斗力”强!

回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2010-10-7 01:23:14 | 显示全部楼层
帖子看到这儿,对某些“好像西方人说“像狗一样工作”,和中国人说“像老黄牛一样工作”是一个意思吧?”的说法,依然深觉不解:为什么我们的一些人对福特对少数族裔明显非常不友好的言论,能不惜用中国的“像老黄牛一样工作”,来诠释福特的语言暴力。这是不是有点太过“善解人意”了?这种“善解人意”正常吗?

用选票对福特说不,最根本的原因,是作为华人需要维护自己最起码的尊严不受任何语言暴力的伤害。

移民是加拿大的国策,因为有移民,面临人口老化的加国发展才可能得以持续。移民作为少数族裔其实是在用自己的劳动养活加拿大,而不是要央求政府的帮助或像有人所说的什么“特殊照顾”。那么反过来,既然加国需要移民来帮助这个国家,就要给少数族裔以起码的尊重而不是随心所欲去侮辱他们!华人像其他少数族裔一样,对加拿大政府没有任何“特殊照顾”的乞求,靠自己的血汗自立自强,但我们需要起码的尊重和尊严。我们反对任何形式的种族歧视言论,因此,在对待福特这样一个曾经对移民以及少数族裔有过明显攻击的政客,作为少数族裔的华人有权利、有义务对他否决。

我们华人移民来到北美这块土地,准备了太多的勤劳、尊重、虚心、低调、隐忍,但我们决不能丢失维护自己尊严和得到应有尊重的底线。在北美这块土地上,早年的殖民主义者从来就没有尊重过原住民,他们对原住民从来都是用刀枪说话。华人新移民到此,我们不会傲慢地对待这里的任何人,但我们应该知道如何来维护我们的尊严。面对福特的歧视性语言暴力,我们用自己的选票否决他、维护我们自己应有的尊严,难道有什么错吗?难道还要幻想他能对少数族裔以及华人能有什么好的作为吗?有些网友大概还没有意识到,我们一些人无原则的谄媚心态,以为西方什么都好,甚至自己被福特说成是“狗”,还要恬着脸说那是把我们当“老黄牛”夸奖呢,其实,是在作践自己,太不知自尊。
zhengqi1 发表于 2010-10-6 21:46

说得好!
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2010-10-11 15:12:15 | 显示全部楼层
请看一下福特近十年来的“骄人”言行,想象一下如果多伦多有这样的市长,会是什么样。

转帖如下:

In Quotes
Rob Ford and a decade of controversy
Compiled by Jill Mahoney
Globe and Mail Update
Published Thursday, Aug. 19, 2010 1:02PM EDT
Last updated Thursday, Aug. 19, 2010 5:31PM EDT
161 comments Email  Print/License Decrease text size Increase text size  

Since he was first elected 10 years ago, Toronto city councillor and mayoral frontrunner Rob Ford has grabbed his fair share of headlines for controversial comments.

Here’s a selection of Mr. Ford’s more colourful remarks and revelations:

Aug. 19, 2010: Mr. Ford says he was charged with failing to provide a breathalyzer sample and marijuana possession while visiting Florida with his then-fiancée in 1999. However, the police arrest affidavit says he was charged with driving under the influence, not failing to provide a breathalyzer sample. Mr. Ford said he pleaded no contest to the breathalyzer charge, paid a fine and did 50 hours of community service. Mr. Ford’s admission comes on the same day The Toronto Sun ran a story about the drug charge, which was later dropped.

Aug. 17, 2010: During a televised mayoral debate, Mr. Ford says that in a “perfect world” Toronto would keep its population at current levels. “We can’t even deal with the 2.5 million people in this city. I think it’s more important that we take care of the people now before we start bringing in more.”

Rob Ford and volunteer Tom Beyer speak with Brian Hill while door-to-door canvassing in Scarborough on July 24, 2010.

Aug. 12, 2010: Mr. Ford tells The Toronto Sun that in-camera council meetings have “more corruption and skullduggery going on in there than I’ve ever seen in my life.” He also says council’s decision to award an untendered 20-year contract to a pub operator “stinks to high heaven.” Mayor David Miller slams the comments, saying they are irresponsible and unsupported.

Aug. 4, 2010: Mr. Ford endorses the views of a fundamentalist Christian pastor who said same-sex marriage could “dismantle” a “healthy democratic civilization.” Appearing alongside Pastor Wendell Brereton, Mr. Ford says: “We’re together. We have the same thoughts.” He adds: “I support traditional marriage. I always have. But if people want to, to each your own. I’m not worried about what people do in their private life. I look out for taxpayers’ money.”

July 14, 2010: A report in The Toronto Star says the Toronto District School Board asked Mr. Ford to stop coaching high school football after possibly roughing up a student player in 2001. Mr. Ford’s campaign vehemently denies the report, saying he quit voluntarily. Mr. Ford files a notice of intent to sue The Star. Jonathan Gordon, the former student, later tells The Globe and Mail that Mr. Ford never laid a hand on him.

What does OxyContin go for on the street, so I have an idea?

Dieter Doneit-Henderson is seen at his home in Etobicoke. Mr. Doneit-Hederson taped a phone conversation he had with Rob Ford in which Mr. Ford offered to help him him score OxyContin off the street.

June 17, 2010: The Toronto Sun reports that Mr. Ford offers to help an ill man “score” the powerful painkiller OxyContin in a taped phone conversation. “I’ll try buddy, I’ll try,” Mr. Ford tells Dieter Doneit-Henderson. “I don’t know this shit, but I’ll fucking try to find it.” A few moments later Mr. Ford asks: “What does OxyContin go for on the street, so I have an idea?” Mr. Ford later accuses Mr. Doneit-Henderson of setting him up, saying he only suggested buying illegal narcotics to get a scary stalker off the phone.

June 14, 2010: A poll by The Globe and Mail/CTV/CP24/Nanos puts Mr. Ford in the lead, with 17.8 per cent of support compared to rival George Smitherman’s 15.9 per cent.

March 26, 2008: After Mr. Ford’s wife, Renata, calls police to their home, Mr. Ford is arrested and charged with assaulting her and uttering a death threat. A month later, prosecutors drop the charges because inconsistencies in Ms. Ford’s accounts make a conviction unlikely. “It’s the happiest time in my life when my family’s all together. … That's all I wanted from the very beginning and that’s what I have now,” Mr. Ford tells reporters.

Those Oriental people work like dogs. … They’re slowly taking over.

Kristyn Wong-Tam and supporters lie on the floor outside Councillor Rob Ford's office to demand an apology for his comments about "Oriental people."

March 5, 2008: During a council debate over holiday shopping, Mr. Ford says: “Those Oriental people work like dogs. … They’re slowly taking over.” He later corrects his use of the word “Oriental” but defends Asians as hard-working people. “When I said working like a dog, I was brought up, my father told me every day to ‘Get out of bed and work like a dog, son.’ A dog means you’re a hard worker.”

March 7, 2007: During a council budget debate, Mr. Ford says: “What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later, you’re going to get bitten. And every year we have dozens of people that get hit by cars or trucks. Well, no wonder. Roads are built for buses, cars and trucks. Not for people on bikes. And my heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.” (See video above.)

If you’re not doing needles and you’re not gay, you won't get AIDS, probably.
June 28, 2006: During a council debate on public-health grants for community-based AIDS-prevention programs, Mr. Ford says: “If you’re not doing needles and you’re not gay, you won't get AIDS, probably.”

Councilor Rob Ford walks past a "no bull" poster after announcing his bid to run for mayor of Toronto in March 25, 2010.

April 15, 2006: Security guards remove a drunken and belligerent Mr. Ford from a Maple Leafs game after he shouts insults at an out-of-town couple. The attacks began after the man asks Mr. Ford to be quiet. Mr. Ford responds: “Who the fuck do you think you are? Are you a fucking teacher?” Failing to get a response, he turns his attention to the man’s wife: “Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and get raped and shot?” The couple realizes the angry man’s identity after Mr. Ford leaves behind a business card. When reporters confront Mr. Ford with the couple’s complaint, he denies being at the hockey game. A day later, he comes clean, saying he lied because he felt “embarrassed and humiliated.” He also says: “I had one too many beers and I sincerely apologize.” Mr. Ford later e-mails the couple an apology, writing: “My complete lack of manners were unprofessional, immature, and do not in any way reflect my usual behaviour in public.”

Dec. 7, 2005: Railing against new powers for the mayor, Mr. Ford says: “Giving the mayor more power for this council is like giving criminals free guns.” The comment draws a chorus of unsuccessful demands for him to withdraw the remark.

Toronto City Councillor Gloria Lindsay Luby in December, 2006.

July 23, 2005: During a council debate over a pothole, Mr. Ford calls fellow Councillor Gloria Lindsay Luby “a joke. She’s a waste of time. A waste of skin.”

July 19, 2005: During a council debate over speeding up construction of affordable housing units, Mr. Ford says: “People do not want government housing built in the city of Toronto. They want roads fixed, more police presence, but they don’t want more government housing that will depreciate the value of their property.”

June 14, 2005: Mr. Ford questions the utility of grant programs for transgendered and transsexual people during a council debate. “I don’t understand. No. 1, I don’t understand a transgender, I don’t understand, is it a guy dressed up like a girl or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we’re funding this for, I don’t know, what does it say here? We’re giving them $3,210?”

April 17, 2002: During a council debate on whether there should be homeless shelters across the city, rather than only downtown, Mr. Ford says: “This is an insult to my constituents to even think about having a homeless shelter in their ward. And you want me to have a public meeting to discuss this? Why don’t we have a public lynching?” (See video above.)

Toronto City Councillor George Mammoliti speaks to the media about a verbal exchange with Councillor Rob Ford, during which Mr. Ford is accused of calling Mr. Mammoliti a "Gino-boy." — J.P. Moczulski/The Globe and Mail

March 6, 2002: During a council budget debate, Mr. Ford calls fellow Councillor George Mammoliti a “Gino-boy.” Mr. Mammoliti says the remark is a racial slur: “I heard it in school. Hearing it at city hall shocks me.” Mr. Ford denies making the remark.

June 13, 2001: Mr. Ford questions a grant for a video about homosexuality in Toronto’s South Asian community, telling The National Post: “I have no problem giving money out to physically or mentally handicapped children or seniors, but spending $5,000 on this video is disgusting, it is absolutely disgusting to spend this amount of money on this, whatever it was called, video.”
zhengqi1 发表于 2010-10-7 21:29

致力於「族裔平等、人類尊嚴與社會公平」的倡權組織為多倫多市長候選人推動「族裔公平」方面評分,史振民(George Smitherman)得分最高,為B+;福特(Rob Ford)則不及格,為F;介於中間的為彭德龍(Joe Pantalone),得分B,羅西為(Rocco Rossi)C分。
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2010-10-11 15:20:09 | 显示全部楼层
NO MORE LAND TRANSFER FEES!
NO MORE VEHICLE REGISTRATION FEES!
NO MORE UNION BULLIES!
VOTE FOR FORD!!
XPD 发表于 2010-10-5 11:31

福特尚未当选,已经开始食言了。除了预算数字对不上,无法实现,福特近日又表示“Land Transfer fee”不会那么快去掉。
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2010-10-12 02:12:29 | 显示全部楼层
有没有华人参选你不知道? 呵呵...
zhengqi1 发表于 2010-10-11 20:54

不读书,不看报......
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2010-12-3 21:23:26 | 显示全部楼层
回复  中 加 关 系

这个题目骑兵连连长和zhengqi1互相鼓励加起来发了不下20个回复, 不把福特"歧视"亚裔的言论批倒批臭不算完, 还捧出多伦多星报的"以推動「族裔公平」评论多倫多市長候選人"的文章.

可是多伦多星报发表"asian students suffering for sucess "这样种族主义文章, 你们怎么一个帖子也不回呢?
中 加 关 系 发表于 2010-12-3 17:03

当然有了,请看
http://bbs.51.ca/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=1493292&ptid=265521]8#

政治人物说“Orientals 正在抢占地盘”,和“亚裔学生抢占大学”的言论一样,都是不利于族裔和谐,都是在煽动族裔排斥,都应该受到谴责!

但是媒体报道说:“福特议员在市议会上讲‘Orientals正在抢占地盘’”却不一定也要受到谴责,看它怎么报道了,是否表达媒体自己的立场。

是不是福特市长也应该表态一下啊?谴责一下自己以前当议员时候的“亚洲佬抢占地盘”的言论,也顺带谴责一下“亚裔学生抢占加拿大大学”的言论?
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2010-12-3 21:28:11 | 显示全部楼层
回复 133# 骑兵连连长

我希望福特不要再重复他那套“我们家一直认为‘像狗一样工作’是赞扬”的假装道歉的话,重要的是拿"Orientals"指人和“They are slowly taking over”。这些词的中文我在上面的帖子里已经试着翻译了,但是以英文为主。
回复

使用道具 举报

11#
发表于 2010-12-4 13:34:45 | 显示全部楼层
回复 132# 中 加 关 系

“中加关系”,

我很高兴你对“族裔公平”的事情感兴趣。我坚决反对“亚裔学生(因为学习努力成绩好)正在抢占大学的地盘”的言论,大学录取应该以成绩来定,而不能限制某个族裔,根据您在楼上的帖子,相信您也同样认同这样的观点。

福特市长在当议员的时候说过“Orientals(因为工作努力像狗一样)正在抢占地盘”的言论,并且还说过多伦多向移民关上大门的言论,您是赞同还是反对?您是不是需要呼吁福特道歉?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表