无忧论坛

标题: 多伦多比上海的生活更艰难! [打印本页]

作者: sguj    时间: 2005-11-28 17:18
标题: [评论]多伦多比上海的生活更艰难!
depend on what you want to get out of it
作者: 前途何在    时间: 2005-11-28 19:53
标题: Good article!
I think here is more free and less people than that in Shanghai. I am from Shanghai too.For example:you can have more chirdren,can see and hear what you can't do in Shanghai,can believe in what you believe in.Anyway,when I work,I am thinking that I get the freedom,but I lose the diginity and confidence.But most of people here are humble.This is not like Shanghai.The people only pay attention to how much money you can get.Besides,you should know the air and water are much better than Shanghai.But from the shops and restaurant,Shanghai is more modern and fashion than Toronto.
作者: Sea Wolf    时间: 2005-11-28 22:21
Hi, I do not know what kind of company you have tried.  Your experience looks more useful for those industrial corporations.  There are companies specialized in office building property management.  To my knowledge, most of the Pension Company, financial institute and life insurance Company owns vast amount of the assets in that area.  Otherwise, there are company manages the assets.  This category like Brookfield LePage Johnson Controls etc is doing business to maintain the property.  Others are doing the property design and constructions.  You may want to try those companies if you never before you give up.
作者: 黑咖啡    时间: 2005-11-28 23:33
I don't know why you write this article in English, since this website is really for overseas Chinese.  Somehow it gives me a feeling that you are trying to tell people that you were so disappointed for can not support your family in Canada, even though your English is quite proudful.

Everywhere is different, so don't complain about what you are facing to presently.  I don' t think it is smart enough to go back to China with the following three reasons:

First of all, I believe everyone has the same experience that there are some certain turn overs in your whole life, which the Chinese old saying is EVERYONE'S WHOLE LIFE HAS THREE CHANCES FOR RICH AND THREE CHANCES FOR POOR.  Solving problems is one of the mean task for human being.  Do you think you will face less difficulties after you go back to China?  I doubt it. In my opinion, one problem is for temporary, but solving all kinds of problems will be the life-time job for every body, no matter where you are or how good you are.

Secondly, I believe that self-confidence could make people much stronger, especially the mind.  If no Chinese immigrant living in Canada, I will go back to China, too, because I don't think I have any speciality compare with others.  One bullet kills him, it does the same to me.  But if there is one Chinese immigrant lives in Canada, I will stay, too.  I always believe that I could do whatever the others could.  

Thirdly, your son is a Canadian now.  Don't you want him to go to school in Canada, or you want him to face the same problem after he come back to Canada in the future?  Holding a Canadian passport is meaningless, I don't think you will feel great after you realize that you are such a bad example to your own son.  Wait until he decide to go back to China for good, then you will know what kind of the mistake you have made today.

We know from years of history that the first generation of immigrants are suffering with cultural shock, pains for being outstage of the local culture and a terrible homesick, but they are sacrificing for the next generation.  Don't be so self-centered, or try to find excuses to escape away from the reality.  Don't be a cowered guy, please remember the person who write this to you is a quarter-million US annual profit private business owner in Canada, and he was almost a homeless and almost go back to China for good three years ago, just like you now.
作者: Wassup    时间: 2005-11-29 06:09
The truth is:
Immigration to Canada is hard and tough for people who do well in China. Job market in Canada is a lot smaller than its couterpart in USA. It is no surprise. When was it the last time any western countries open the immigration door to the Asian people?
If it sounds too good to be true, think about it, it must be for a reason. I think the US has a better immigration system (though less humane), at least you got to find a decent job (not a labor job though), then stay with it for so long that you almost lost your patenice, then one day you got your GC, the next best thing you can do is wish your kids don't need to suffer the same pain as you do. Though your kids may or may not appreciate your efforts, may think your accent is funny or stupid, you are pretty much done for the rest of your life. You are worn off the courage and smart you built up before in China... haha..
Immigration can be an irony of your life, be careful.
作者: 月明天    时间: 2005-11-29 08:31
标题: I know why you are not successful here.
After reading your article, or actually I couldn't finish your article (sorry, because I couldn't understand your writing fully), I know why you could not be successful here.(harsh, but honest)  ;)

WHY? Is it obvious?  

Your English is terrible, and you don't realize the issue. The only thing you did was to complain how bad Canada was. If you used the energy that you spent on complaining so much to learn English, you would have been much better off.

Yes, you were correct about 'we are nothing here'. WE ARE NOTHING UNTIL WE MAKE OUTSELVES SOMETHING. There is no free lunch in the world. This is the step every new immigrant has to get over, or to fail, no matter who you are.

If you feel going back is the right thing to do for you and your family, then just do it. It is not a bad thing. At least you know what you want after all the struggle.

However, putting down Canada is like putting down many immigrants like us who choose to work so hard, and to make a good or OK living here.
作者: 小心为上    时间: 2005-11-29 09:12
So many "I"s in your article......
作者: torontolandlord    时间: 2005-11-29 10:40
标题: 90% happy 10% not
90% happy ,10% not , this is life here.
10%happy,90% not, that is life in China.
作者: easter    时间: 2005-11-29 11:08
标题: what do you want?
hi,topace: what do you want in toronto, do you want the baby more than one? you got it. do you want humen-right,
you got it. do you want quite life, you got it. if you want to get more money to become a richer, you have two choices,
one is to buy the lottery, another is to working hard  by generation and generation.
作者: hucan    时间: 2005-11-29 13:08
Canada needs your money to support its economic system;

Canada needs your energy and technology to meet its job market.

Canada never needs your mind and your power for management.

Canadian companies are indeed looking for some representatives for their international bussness in the special local sites, but they never appreciate the one who runs into their companies.

So if you knew it earlier, you would foresee your failure at the beginning. Do not complain too much. Remember that  it was you to apply immigration to Canada, but Canada pull you in.
作者: 安安妮    时间: 2005-11-29 13:30
最初由[黑咖啡]发布
I don't know why you write this article in English, since this website is really for overseas Chinese.  Somehow it gives me a feeling that you are trying to tell people that you were so disappointed for can not support your family in Canada, even though your English is quite proudful.

Everywhere is different, so don't complain about what you are facing to presently.  I don' t think it is smart enough to go back to China with the following three reasons:

First of all, I believe everyone has the same experience that there are some certain turn overs in your whole life, which the Chinese old saying is EVERYONE'S WHOLE LIFE HAS THREE CHANCES FOR RICH AND THREE CHANCES FOR POOR.  Solving problems is one of the mean task for human being.  Do you think you will face less difficulties after you go back to China?  I doubt it. In my opinion, one problem is for temporary, but solving all kinds of problems will be the life-time job for every body, no matter where you are or how good you are.

Secondly, I believe that self-confidence could make people much stronger, especially the mind.  If no Chinese immigrant living in Canada, I will go back to China, too, because I don't think I have any speciality compare with others.  One bullet kills him, it does the same to me.  But if there is one Chinese immigrant lives in Canada, I will stay, too.  I always believe that I could do whatever the others could.  

Thirdly, your son is a Canadian now.  Don't you want him to go to school in Canada, or you want him to face the same problem after he come back to Canada in the future?  Holding a Canadian passport is meaningless, I don't think you will feel great after you realize that you are such a bad example to your own son.  Wait until he decide to go back to China for good, then you will know what kind of the mistake you have made today.

We know from years of history that the first generation of immigrants are suffering with cultural shock, pains for being outstage of the local culture and a terrible homesick, but they are sacrificing for the next generation.  Don't be so self-centered, or try to find excuses to escape away from the reality.  Don't be a cowered guy, please remember the person who write this to you is a quarter-million US annual profit private business owner in Canada, and he was almost a homeless and almost go back to China for good three years ago, just like you now.

Good points!
作者: jennykim    时间: 2005-11-29 17:50
标题: Opportunity cost
I completely understand your frustration, although I do not have similar experience.

From an economic point of view, it is all about opportunity cost. You are doing very well in Shanghai, a great career, a powerful social supporting network, native language and deep understanding of the culture, and most important of all, your confidence. Here, you have nothing. Thus, the opportunity cost for you to start from scratch here in Toronto is TOO HIGH.  

Do not simply blame Canadian employers - business is business. Most of the employers are quite cautious in hiring someone who does not have Canadian experience and are a visible minority; so do not blame the world for not giving you a chance to try.  This is not necessarily due to discrimination.  Sometimes it is due to the potential legal problems and expected high costs associated with hiring and firing.  

Believe in yourself.  As long as you clearly knows what you want, going back to China is not a bad choice.
作者: utut    时间: 2005-11-29 18:41
标题: 回复:I know why you are not successful here.
最初由[潇潇--女人]发布
I know why you are not successful here.

After reading your article, or actually I couldn't finish your article (sorry, because I couldn't understand your writing fully), I know why you could not be successful here.(harsh, but honest)  ;)

WHY? Is it obvious?  

Your English is terrible, and you don't realize the issue. The only thing you did was to complain how bad Canada was. If you used the energy that you spent on complaining so much to learn English, you would have been much better off.

Yes, you were correct about 'we are nothing here'. WE ARE NOTHING UNTIL WE MAKE OUTSELVES SOMETHING. There is no free lunch in the world. This is the step every new immigrant has to get over, or to fail, no matter who you are.

If you feel going back is the right thing to do for you and your family, then just do it. It is not a bad thing. At least you know what you want after all the struggle.

However, putting down Canada is like putting down many immigrants like us who choose to work so hard, and to make a good or OK living here.
Fully agreed with your point view. This guy got to improve his English before writing such a crap and making a good living in Canada. For goodness sake, who he think he is
作者: perryspring    时间: 2005-11-29 20:04
Just as you mentioned at the begining of thisartical, you realy need to spend some time to improve your English skill, if you want to living here, Canada.
Good luck.
作者: lajitianya    时间: 2005-11-29 20:33
标题: Toronto or Shanghai, that's the problem!
All replies are in English, but my English is not very well and I try to do my best to write this.
You are from Shanghai, so do I.  First of all, I wanna ask you what's your purpose to migrate to Toronto(Canada)?  I have read your article, but didn't find that.
You are very successful in Shanghai in China, the very important reason is you are a native people.  When you immigrated to Canada, it is all changed. So you can not get something successful like what you have been in your motherland at the very beginning. Do you think so?  
I wanna tell you, if you want to develop your career and success here, I think you'd better set your goal first, then work very very hard to reach it.
作者: peterwan    时间: 2005-11-30 10:47
标题: where I am is where i am
just like business or investment.
you can't find a richman who has never lose money in business or investment, but total they win.

immigration is just one of those ways to improve your life. if doesn't work for you, just try another way , like testing.
but make sure you are serious at those tries.

don't focus on your mistakes, consider how to learn from you mistakes and others.

all successful guys made big mistakes before they were succeed .
作者: 黑咖啡    时间: 2005-11-30 14:21
[I]We were not born native, we sometimes offend your culture by fault, we short your experience, and we are color…BUT
Maybe we have world wide experience, we are improving every day to practice as a good manner man, the professional experience will be more useful than only English fluent, and we can richer you multi-cultural[/I] …

Who is WE? you? I don't think you have too much experience for working with the English speakers, especially you are saying "I and my wife", that is so Chin-English.  Besides, "THE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE WILL BE MORE USEFUL THAN ONLY ENGLISH FLUENT", so following your theory, you do think that bullet could kill people without a gun?

Don't too proud of what you did in China, you are only the tallest from the shorters.  Everyone had a shining and proudful past in China, that is why we have no fear to immigrate to Canada.  What happened in the past is the confidence to progress your future, I think you are away too young to sit in the couch with saying: "When I was like your age......"
作者: 老农民    时间: 2005-11-30 17:14
标题: 不明白是啥意思?在中国呆三年,就写不出中文文章啦?大学怎么上的?
(When you are reading this article, you will say: look, how funny the English writing is, this is the reason why you have no job here. But if you have opportunity to live in China, three years passed, you maybe can not write a short essay. Nevertheless when you can write down only several beautiful Chinese characters, peoples will praise you truly that: Oh, how great are you! Is this different?)
作者: 高楼林立    时间: 2005-11-30 19:49
标题: 不知是装傻还是真傻

作者: manolo    时间: 2005-12-1 15:47
Terrible English! You're right. You can't find a job with your English level.
作者: Helen1212    时间: 2005-12-1 17:22
标题: Don't give up so easily!
You know one of the reasons that you have been so successful in China not because you are the elite, because China is growing up so quickly, the demand exceeds the supplies. In the job market, if demand exceed supply over 30%, 50% fit will be considered good candidate. If supply exceeds demand, the employer will ask for 90% above fit.

Canada is tough for job searching. We are all in the same boat. Last year, I spent almost one year to get my current job, I almost lost my confidence and began to question myself. I had been to so many interviews, after 3 rounds intensive interview, including computer test and presentations, I didn't get the offer because someone from internal took the position. I almost gave up and went back to China.

Believe or not, if you will get the job if you keep trying. I got my current job through ACCOUNTEMP. It was a temporary placement for one month, and it turned to a 6-month contract, finally led to a full-time job.

Be patient and don't be too aggressive. Image you are the boss, and ask yourself if you will hire someone can't communicate with you, someone without reference and ask for high salary...
作者: jamesw789    时间: 2005-12-1 19:29
So what, nobody force you stay here! Just go somewhere you think it's good for you!
作者: 多伦多上海人    时间: 2005-12-1 21:58
Don't give up. Just 3 years. It's not so long. After receiving the citizenship, then you can go back China and continue to make money. When you are too old to make money, you come to Canada again and enjoy the money given by Ca gov. Think of it. Is it excited?
作者: duoduo2003    时间: 2005-12-1 22:30
标题: Loser
Too many "I"s may indicate the answer.
作者: ECIC    时间: 2005-12-2 05:23
why only this article can be read in China?
作者: 我爱小叮当    时间: 2005-12-2 12:41
标题: 我用中文写.
这位上海朋友的英文文章我是耐着性子读完了. 主要是怕误解了作者的意思.

我觉得他的英文还可以. 虽然不如洋人, 但表达自己的意思足够了. 除非找靠嘴皮子吃饭的工作.

当然, 在实际中, 口语比写更重要.

我觉得困惑的问题是:

既然他在上海这么成功, 那到多伦多来干什么? 总有他离开上海的目的, 和在这里一呆三年不肯走的目的吧?

这些关节点都没说.

那好, 现在他回上海, 是否当初促使他离开的理由不再存在了? 我没看见他这三年中做了任何事能帮助这一点, 既没有读个学位, 也没有做过专业工作, 也谈不上提高了英语. 如果说唯一有的变化, 我认为可能是一本新的护照而已. 所以, 无论如何苦熬三年, 也得把这个正果修到. 不知道我是否小人之心?

我想他真正后悔的可能是, 这本护照的代价太大了. 假如象他描述的在上海那么成功, 这三年的损失至少几百万. 有这几百万, 搞个投资移民过来, 又轻松又舒服.

找什么labor工, 受资本家的闲气, 不就是看在每小时几块加刀的份上吗? 如果, 在国内(或任何地方)把钱挣够了, 也不用多, 只要年利息数(或稳健投资收益)可以达到一份专业工作的工资数, 算5万吧. 那还找个屁专业工? 从他的描述中, 受的洋气还不少. 有钱还是最重要的. 在有钱的情况下, 加拿大比哪儿都更象天堂.

所以, 我更倾向于认为, 他在上海并没有那么成功. 或者发生了什么事使得他的"成功职业"出现了危机.

这其实是很多宣称自己在国内很成功的人士"毅然"移民的真正动机.

他的文中许多观点我都不同意.

他主动上门给人家做报告(应聘性质的), 又不是人家哭着喊着请你来的. 凭什么要对方对你特别热情? 礼节性的接待就可以了.

加拿大政府招移民过来, 并不包工作. 这点常识都没有? 说起来, 加拿大对新移民的各种设施算多的了. 主要就是那975元的安家费闹的. 各种团体老拿这个钱说事. 其实这笔钱从政府角度花了不少, 但移民们又没有得到太实在的帮助, 大部分便宜了那些吃新移民饭的机构. 比如work shop之类.

在社会上混, 还有一个常识: 就是努力和回报不一定是成比例的. 哭诉自己付出了多大的努力, 却没有得到什么成就. 那等于是自己把"loser"这个字往自己脸上写.

越是这样的, 越要打碎了牙往肚子里咽. 一个还没有取得成功的人是没有资格诉苦的. 你看看那些诉苦的人, 都是现在混得风生水起的人, 志得意满之余, 说几句"我当年也是苦出身, 我吃的苦怎么怎么大, 我当时只带着500元登陆, 还被偷走100多"之类.

等这位上海朋友回到上海, 再创辉煌之后, 相信我们还会有机会怀着崇拜的心情读到他的新文章:"我毅然扔下在国内的好机会, 移民多伦多, 三年吃了数不尽的苦, blah blah. 等护照到手, 我按计划杀回国内淘金. 才有了今天, 云云."
作者: 冒号    时间: 2005-12-2 13:20
标题: DO NOT GIVE UP, MAN!

作者: ABCABCWU    时间: 2005-12-2 22:14
最初由[manolo]发布
Terrible English! You're right. You can't find a job with your English level.

I don't think so. His english is OK. It may be better than I. I have some  problem for successful my job but no problems to keep it or find another preofessional job.  I completly understand him. Sometimes failure is not bad things. you still could find some good from it. Coming to Canada is just one kind of exploreing life. it is excited and don't care the result but process. do believe your choosing. hope you everything will be OK .
作者: videogame    时间: 2005-12-3 00:09
标题: Check www.notcanada.com
Please take a look at www.notcanada.com
you will find the answer

作者: Brian Gan    时间: 2005-12-3 01:56
看了笔者的文章,我大惑不解,提到生活难?最直观的现象是为什么现在还有这么多的大陆人还在绞尽脑汁想移民加拿大甚至偷渡,而总不见加拿大华人争相偷渡离开生活难的加拿大前往生活好的上海,
作者: hucan    时间: 2005-12-3 09:21
do not take it as a big deal. he is just practising his English.
作者: 多伦多上海人    时间: 2005-12-3 12:50
最初由[Brian Gan]发布
看了笔者的文章,我大惑不解,提到生活难?最直观的现象是为什么现在还有这么多的大陆人还在绞尽脑汁想移民加拿大甚至偷渡,而总不见加拿大华人争相偷渡离开生活难的加拿大前往生活好的上海,

在上海,没有脑子是过不上好日子的。加拿大不同,就是个白痴,有一身力气,日子过得不好,也不至于太差。

还有个原因么,就是中国的社会福利还是不能和这里比。特别是教育和养老。
作者: 51小左无理取闹    时间: 2005-12-3 15:27
标题: 上海好啊!上海净出大英雄!
王洪文、张春桥、姚文远、黄菊、江泽民、多伦多上海人。。。。。。

最初由[多伦多上海人]发布

在上海,没有脑子是过不上好日子的。加拿大不同,就是个白痴,有一身力气,日子过得不好,也不至于太差。

还有个原因么,就是中国的社会福利还是不能和这里比。特别是教育和养老。
作者: jiabin    时间: 2005-12-4 17:01
yes i agree that this gay's english is horrible(though better than mine)

i dare say 100 per cent chinese immigrants may say their status was much better when in china which was actually absolutely not the case.

telling truth is hard especially when telling that you are nothing from the time when you were born.

I was nothing before i came out of china, not even as great as a dog who can bark freely and don't need to worry about other people's face or national instruments.

therefore I  do not regret and c0mplain about my situation here even when I can barely make the ends meet.

human being is nothing to the vast universe as a single person to the society
作者: rent101    时间: 2005-12-7 11:33
标题: 回复:I know why you are not successful here.
最初由[潇潇--女人]发布
I know why you are not successful here.

WHY? Is it obvious?  

TOTALLY AGREE.
I don't understand why this person felt so good about himself. No free lunch everywhere. First thing, improve your English.
作者: 白相人    时间: 2005-12-9 16:50
Do you know what's your problem? First, English from the article you wrote, there are at least five grammar or structure errors. When you made your presentation in front of some CEOs, I doubt they can fully understand your points. Second, I bet you were looking for an opportunity in Engineering field, however, without license you are not permitted to practise professional engineering. Before you complain, you should know the law or regulations here. Third, if you are a manager in one of company here, do you think you will trust a guy from a presentation? Even you were so successful in Shanghai. Hi, I am not come from China, who knows if you are lying. It's reasonable.

So don't complain, Canada is totally difference than China. You can't judge if it's good or bad by one thing. It's not fair.
作者: Hudson    时间: 2005-12-9 23:09
标题: 中国人呀,太思前想后了
我受不了那洋罪已放弃了,人一生何比在乎那许多,回来就回吧,
作者: luckyriver    时间: 2005-12-10 00:43
I know why you can't find a professional job here within 6 months:
(1) You must improve your english writing first
(2) You have to change your self-evaluation, downgrade yourself more.
(3) You should realize the fact, your experience in Shanghai prove nothing in Canada.
(4) You need working experience in Canada, -- working hard at lower(or entry) level, understanding the culture differences between Chinese and others
作者: landers    时间: 2005-12-10 19:55
标题: hi, there
I 've read your article already. I may make some comments on you.

1) You don't understand much about the human nature. It is not to blame the Canadian people who enjoyed your free consultant. People are the same in the world. every enjoy a free meal.
2) You don't know how to present yourself and don't know how to do business.
3) Your english is not so good as qualified for a job. People don't like to bother themselves when they have to pay careful attention to what you said. You need to improve your language skills.
4) I had been self-employed in China. China is worse in all areas as far as I know. You were protected in a state owned company and you never were exposed in dirty side of China.
作者: tomyinca    时间: 2005-12-11 20:08
I don't understand why people doing thing like this. i suggest this guy ask Lai Cangxing leave or stay. people lost their mind , goals. always ask yourself what do you want. successful poeple find their way go from success to success. Losers are complaining. every emigrante had a brilliant past in somehow in somewhere. let me put it this way , do you think Wen JiaBao can be Paul Martine if he emigrate to Canada. Watch where your feet step on, do whatever you can do to servive and be yourself.
作者: Wayee    时间: 2005-12-14 00:29
标题: It is much easier to
live in my hometown, a small village in Sichuan. But why people don't want to live there, because......
作者: little cici    时间: 2005-12-14 20:18
标题: It's up to you
Please keep trying your best when you are complaining. Trust yourself you will be successful.
作者: OceanicQMJHL    时间: 2005-12-15 22:22
标题: Correct your grammar!!
Dude!! Correct your errors! I'm finding it seriously hard to read ur article!!  Don't try to show off just because you can write in English and you think that you are better than everyone eles!! Learn!!!
作者: 1.不.娃.娃.    时间: 2005-12-15 22:49
F K U

WHAT IF I DO NOT UNDERSTAN ENGLISH
作者: 快乐游    时间: 2005-12-16 12:22
标题: Hi!,friends, keep going,u'll be success
I read you article, I exactly know what you feeling now, I came here 4 years ago too, and I had the some situation before like you. But from your story ,I know you are a very successful professional expert in China, I believe you also can do better no matter where you are and what you do with you efforts. If you get my message,could  you contact me, I would like make friends with you, I do real estate job here, I also would like share my story with you and your family .So give me a call ,if you like:416-272-0351 or write me :[email protected]
作者: x_w_n    时间: 2005-12-19 00:11
You haven't answered your question.
Three years past, we came back to Toronto. Our second lovely son was born here. But this time I must bring him back to China, and leave the old son here, the brothers will be separated around the earth。  
I want to know the matter!

Why did you plan to get the second child when you didn't get a stable job? In Shanghai, can you get two children?
Why will you leave your old child at here? What did you do before you complain? I have to say it also has lots of unfair issues in Canada, but it's really better than in China. This is one of reasons why my wife  and I came to here. Do what we should do.
作者: yuguangshu    时间: 2005-12-20 12:53
标题: you are right
You definitely must not come to Canada.
I came to Canada because I had been a loser in China.
I am still a loser in Canada now. But this loser is feeling
much comfortable than that loser now.
作者: jasony    时间: 2005-12-21 00:04
标题: 回复:回复:I know why you are not successful
最初由[utut]发布
回复:I know why you are not successful here.

Fully agreed with your point view. This guy got to improve his English before writing such a crap and making a good living in Canada. For goodness sake, who he think he is

His English is much better than yours. What you wrote here looks  like Chiglish.
作者: jasony    时间: 2005-12-21 00:07
标题: 回复:Hi!,friends, keep going,u'll be succe
最初由[快乐游]发布
Hi!,friends, keep going,u'll be success

I read you article, I exactly know what you feeling now, I came here 4 years ago too, and I had the some situation before like you. But from your story ,I know you are a very successful professional expert in China, I believe you also can do better no matter where you are and what you do with you efforts. If you get my message,could  you contact me, I would like make friends with you, I do real estate job here, I also would like share my story with you and your family .So give me a call ,if you like:416-272-0351 or write me :[email protected]

That means you were not from Shanghai.
作者: ETBDUDE    时间: 2005-12-21 11:55
BS.
作者: jony0023    时间: 2005-12-26 16:36
标题: keep smiling to yourself

作者: freespeaker    时间: 2006-1-9 03:03
这文章写得太好了,写出了我想说的。
我在加拿大已四年多了,我一直努力着工作。
我回国一看,我的同学和同事都颇有成就,他们工作早已游刃有余,又怎如我们仍在平。中国这几年发展太快,到国外来发财过好日子,我看是旧观念了,回国有的是机会,何必为人擦鞋。
要在加拿大打工,保证不如回国。外面再好,还是不如家好。
作者: jasonca    时间: 2006-1-12 21:48
标题: I don't think your english works
Could you write sth. and post it in 51.ca, don't forgot to let me know, I going to read it. Have a nice day!

JASON
作者: freespeaker    时间: 2006-1-15 23:27
这不是一言俩语说得清的事,我的英语还可以,能看电视,能和当地人交流,能流利的打电话办事,我在加拿大读过书,成绩很好.
可离本地人英语还差很远,也许我还得努力.
因为我还听不懂英语方言和笑话.
对不起,回晚了,我上网不多.
作者: 芸芸众生    时间: 2006-1-17 17:58
标题: after long time
you need canadian culture.if you can talk movie.novel.news ect .if you have wide knowledge about west culture that is ok!wish you become a high level guy.but you must live in canada long time.
after long time everyone feel happy .
作者: 多伦多上海人    时间: 2006-1-17 18:53
标题: 回复:after long time
最初由[芸芸众生]发布
after long time

you need canadian culture.if you can talk movie.novel.news ect . if you have wide knowledge about west culture that is ok!wish you become a high level guy.but you must live in canada long time.
after long time everyone feel happy .

Can you do this? Great. I never find any Chi can do this.
作者: 芸芸众生    时间: 2006-1-17 23:11
标题: 回复:多伦多上海人
我现在做不到,我一直这样定位自己,努力做。我不能够怨天尤人,我一直以在中国的工作做参考,大机构,你不善谈,不能写,你的知识面很窄,你没有很多话题和同事们交流、互动,你很难呆下去。哪里选人都需要综合素质。

人们会讲有些工作KNOWLEDGE比语言交流更重要,不过我们很多知识或许老化或许不对路,我欣赏那些到学校读书的学子们,我们应该和本地的文化接轨,有时能够到ESL听老师讲都是一种奢侈。

三年五年,我们或许看不到收获,十年八年,我们差不多也熏陶出来了,请给自己点耐心。

欢迎光临 无忧论坛 (https://bbs.51.ca/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2