还有什么比这更让父母感到欣慰的?当初所有的苦和累现在想来都是值得的。
作者: chrding    时间: 2011-4-5 08:31
因为你而骄傲!
作者: 好兵帅克    时间: 2011-4-5 08:44
从来不发评论的我,忍不住要告诉笔者 真的非常感动!
作者: 四哈    时间: 2011-4-5 08:50
标题: 感激爸妈:他们从未给自己儿子丢过脸
本帖最后由 四哈 于 2011-4-5 06:40 编辑

我家也是技术移民,俺儿相似年龄来这读书,为上好学区,最初几年我们租的温哥华西区的公寓,温哥华西区是富人区,学生以港台为主,我们和人家差距好大,好在我儿是快乐男孩,10年级还竟选上了学生会成员,上了加国知名大学,先去联邦政府工作,又招聘到安省政府更好的位置工作,因他爱当管人的。

俺儿对我们父母很好,挣钱后,给老爸买几百元一个的钓鱼竿,给老妈买摄影用的好镜头2000多元,连俺的本地大学毕业的准儿媳对我们也非常好,给我们买电动洗脚盆,最近又给我买个新款的名牌包,我虽然出国后落差挺大,从受人尊敬的老九变成家庭主妇,但我觉得为孩子前途值得付出,再说我也没吃亏,在老公努力下,我们拥有一个耗子两部车,很快还清贷款,房子也从不出租,我没事开车出去拍拍风光片,悠闲的生活也很不错的。
作者: 东方华    时间: 2011-4-5 08:51
父母对孩子的相处,这番见解是十分有益的。

最后,我想给所有像秦阿姨这样的爸爸妈妈们几点个人建议,希望能给他们的生活带来帮助。
- 与孩子的交流要保质保量,过多说教只会让孩子厌倦,适当的鼓励更能起到积极的作用;
- 多与孩子一起接触社会,参加各种活动,让他们看到家里积极的一面,并有个开阔的胸怀; - 启发孩子看到他们自己的未来,让他们意识到自己的潜力和优势,并建立他们的自信;
- 要让孩子理解,父母的努力可能只能为他们铺很短的一段路,而之后还有很长的路不仅要他们自己走,更要自己铺。

作者: Longago    时间: 2011-4-5 09:01
父母年龄大了,有不少父母已经很难在语言和专业上有很大提高,像秦阿姨这样的爸爸妈妈,需要的就是这些建议,让在有限的资金和资源下,不用自卑,能一样过得幸福。
作者: 扳大轮    时间: 2011-4-5 09:55
懂事自强的孩子早晚会成功,过分挑剔物质生活而整天抱怨的孩子就不好说了。
作者: 七成新—滕燕青    时间: 2011-4-5 10:08
这是个好孩子,但也经过一段时期的调整,前一篇的家长不需要那么绝望,先调整自己,应该会有拨去云见日的时候。
作者: loneshepherd    时间: 2011-4-5 11:29
The parents are great, but I don think the title of the article "爸妈..从未给自己儿子丢过脸" is appropriate. What if your parents did a few stupid things? Do you still appreciate them?
作者: qqxk    时间: 2011-4-5 11:57
The parents are great, but I don think the title of the article "爸妈..从未给自己儿子丢过脸" is appropriate. What if your parents did a few stupid things? Do you still appreciate them?
loneshepherd 发表于 2011-4-5 12:29 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

Let me ask you a question: "Have you ever done one or two stupid things?" If the answer is yes, does that mean you don't deserve appreciation at all?
作者: visiondream    时间: 2011-4-5 12:37
本帖最后由 visiondream 于 2011-4-5 13:41 编辑
loneshepherd 发表于 2011-4-5 12:29 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

同意你!丢脸不丢脸?谁给谁丢脸?这些话听上去确实令人感觉不那么舒服,里面加上了很多价值判断的成分。

个人认为身为父母不必伟大,我们可以很平凡;但一定要做足支持孩子的角色。孩子小时候是管教成分多;孩子大了,成为青少年了;还是以支持为主吧。
作者: 老虎猫猫    时间: 2011-4-5 13:58
为我们同胞中有这样优秀的孩子鼓掌!相比之下,那类对着含辛茹苦养育自己的父母说他们很丢脸的孩子,实在让人鄙夷!
作者: 爱心幼儿园    时间: 2011-4-5 14:31
很大一部分孩子都会如此使父母欣慰的,其实父母也知道你们在悄悄调整自己,努力向着好的方向发展,真是能做好的就是给孩子大大的支持。
谢谢孩子说出内心的感受,很感动,也希望他的几条建议能帮到父母们。
作者: 哪吒    时间: 2011-4-5 14:36
Good boy!

Up!
作者: courelao    时间: 2011-4-5 14:38
這是一篇很正面,很有意義的文章。
為這樣的年輕人喝彩!
作者: dick10    时间: 2011-4-5 15:11
从行文,到用语,从遣词,到造句,无法让人相信这是一个14岁就随技术移民父母抵加的青年人写的。相反,这篇文章只能出自这样的青年的父母之手。五一论坛的手法不高明啊。
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-5 15:41
我一般从不发言,但这次我觉得必须说几句,否则会有更多新移民更加理直气壮地miss treat 自己的孩子。JACK,你感谢自己父母是好事,但是你误导别人就不对了。
1. 据我所知,大部分加拿大学生大学毕业后都找到了专业对口的工作。而大部分跟随父母技术移民来的80后学生大学毕业后都找不到合适的工作。所以JACK你,也就是勉强做到了和大部分人一样,比大部分跟随父母技术移民来的80后强一些,用不着字里行间的那么得意。
2、我们在80年代来的留学生,两口皮箱,几百美元,无父母跟包,更没移民身份,还要交外国学生学费。我们当中的大多数人,最后都拿了学位,找到了专业对口的工作。我们这些人吃的苦比你多多了。你在这儿大谈什么你吃的苦是精神财富,你也是真真正正的“富二代”,挺可笑的。
3、根据我在加拿大各大、小高科技公司近20年的工作经验,你们公司也就你一人在做中国的业务,顶多还有一两个新生跟着你。用不着来不来就说“加拿大某著名咨询公司主营中国业务”。你是到这儿来真诚的讨论问题,还是来找感觉的?
4、你从穷学生,到有了正经工作,的确是天上地下的区别了。但是,你的职业生涯才刚刚开始,今后的职场路还很漫长,你的先天不足,你以后渐渐地就会感受到了。中国足球总是不行,大家说那是因为外国人是和牛奶长大的,中国人是和白水长大的。那么同样的,你是在地下室长大的,人家是听歌剧、看芭蕾、旅游度假长大的,那能一样吗?在公司里爬金字塔的过程中,你的经历将使你大多数时候处于劣势,越往上越是如此,你才刚上班,还没开始爬楼梯呢,所以现在你还感受不到。
5、我想对经济条件不好的父母说,钱紧不是你们的错,但是请不要觉得这么理直气壮,应该觉得愧对了孩子,尽可能地给孩子最基本的生活条件。其实大多数移民,口袋里还是有积蓄的,就是舍不得为孩子花。你们要知道,有时候,你们抠门给孩子带来的伤害是很大的。既然你们说来加拿大是为了孩子,那为什么不能给孩子多花一点钱呢?希望天下的父母,都尽全力爱和养育自己的孩子。
作者: ivy110111    时间: 2011-4-5 16:25
give money to children that means love them ?No!
作者: 白色风车    时间: 2011-4-5 16:31
从行文,到用语,从遣词,到造句,无法让人相信这是一个14岁就随技术移民父母抵加的青年人写的。相反,这篇文章只能出自这样的青年的父母之手。五一论坛的手法不高明啊。
dick10 发表于 2011-4-5 16:11 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

个人认为,文章出自谁的手并不是最重要的,重要的是能否引发人去思考。
作者: loneshepherd    时间: 2011-4-5 17:14
Let me ask you a question: "Have you ever done one or two stupid things?" If the answer is yes, does that mean you don't deserve appreciation at all?
qqxk 发表于 2011-4-5 12:57 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

So what's your answer?
作者: loneshepherd    时间: 2011-4-5 17:19
give money to children that means love them ?No!
ivy110111 发表于 2011-4-5 17:25 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

Here is how you say it: "does giving money to kids mean loving them?".
作者: Winmart88    时间: 2011-4-5 17:22
回复 17# dick10

不要苛求年轻人有同你一样的经历。任何人只要知道感恩,有乐观向上、积极进取的行为或想法,我们都应该为他/她喝彩。我们都是平凡人,应用平常心来看人、看事。

这样的年轻人,他的父母一定为他感到骄傲。
作者: Winmart88    时间: 2011-4-5 17:26
对不起,刚才是回复#18的。
作者: 大白话    时间: 2011-4-5 17:27
让我们来先比较一下两对父母:
      相同之处: 都爱自己的孩子, 尽自己的最大努力来为孩子创造一个好的生活和学习环境.
      不同之处: 1. 一对父母的经济能力强一些, 另外一对父母的经济能力弱一些.
                     2. 一对父母生了一个孝子, 另外一对父母生了一个逆子.

让我们来再比较一下两个孩子:
     相同之处: 都想生活的好一些.
     不同之处: 一个有才有德, 一个无才无德.

虎行千里吃肉, 狗行千里吃屎.

作者: 静源清流    时间: 2011-4-5 18:57
dick10 发表于 2011-4-5 16:11 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

agree. Look at this:
现在,大学毕业两三年的我有份大家都很羡慕的工作,除了较丰厚的收入外,我还可以每年借出公差回国的机会,经常回去看看父母。自己也买房买车娶媳妇,父母终于不用再为我烦恼了。

?????
作者: 四哈    时间: 2011-4-5 19:11
本帖最后由 四哈 于 2011-4-5 16:13 编辑
agree. Look at this:

?????
清源静流 发表于 2011-4-5 15:57 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

细读,楼主父母呆4年回去了,楼主也正好上大学了,所以有回国看父母一说。
作者: Rose2013    时间: 2011-4-5 19:15
我想请教一下, 80 年代来来的留学生, 你们哪会交的学费是自费呢,还是公派留学?然后就没回去?这可是截然不同的两种情况,是吧?
作者: 四哈    时间: 2011-4-5 19:17
本帖最后由 四哈 于 2011-4-5 16:20 编辑

回复 17# dick10

有啥疑问,我相信是14岁来的小移民写的,我的儿子来的年龄和他相仿,他有次网上写个职场方面的中文跟贴,被我认出,写得很深刻,比贬楼主的点评人更懂职场文化。英文更棒,连他自己都说,没想到我英文被UBC训练的这么好,工作需要时一晚上能写出十几页的英文报告。

当然,山外有山,俺家旁边公立高中去年录取两个美国藤校,哈佛和麻省,是10年级过来的小移民,国内重点中学来的。
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-5 19:26
回复 27# 四哈

我们是自费留学, 请别把我们和公费留学混为一谈.
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-5 19:40
回复 22# loneshepherd
我根本就不是在评价JACK本人如何,我是觉得他的发言误导家长,会使更多的孩子们受委屈,所以要说几句。我认为不在于家长为孩子具体花了多少钱,而在于家长是不是尽力而为了。JACK的贴子似乎是在鼓励家长们对孩子越抠越好,生活条件越差越好。他自己受了苦,现在希望更多的孩子受苦。按照他的理论,等他老婆怀孕了,他们应该立刻搬到地下室去住,楼上招几家房客,否则将来他的孩子就当不上“精神富三代”了,那多可惜呀!
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-5 19:46
本帖最后由 Jstar 于 2011-4-5 20:50 编辑

回复 19#
你还是用中文发言吧!你自己不觉得别扭,其他会英文的人觉得别扭。你的孩子以你为骄傲吗?最起码,我想你的孩子不会以以你的英文水平为骄傲。
作者: 家庭团队    时间: 2011-4-5 20:04
#19的电脑可能没有中文软件或不知怎样下载,所以用英文回复(猜测)。最重要的是大家都能发表具有建设性的评论。
作者: 731    时间: 2011-4-5 20:47
第一次回复,发人深省
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-5 21:36
回复 18# Jstar

I don't like talking too much either, but I have to point out some differents opinion against you.
1.  This article never mentioned that parents should mistreat their children.  Definitely,  I  believe all kids get the necessary life support from their family even their parents are new immigrant who struggle for life.  What this article want to tell kids is they should not feel shame if their parents are poor or could not give them every thing they want.  
2. I don't know how successful you are.  I didn't feel the author is coming this forum来找感觉的, but I do feel you are here 来找感觉的.  I also believe the suggestions at the end of this article is quite useful to some parents who do what they could for their kids but can't get their respect.  It is also help those parents to educate their children to ensure their have healthy personality.   It is OK for author to be proud for his achievement since we should always applaud for every success in our life.
3.  If you really familiar with Chinese soccer team and read all the detail report about them, you should know their failures have nothing to do with congenital, the only one reason is they are spoiled and lazy.  They have highest salary but least training.  If they work as hard as other athletes.  I believe they will succeed.   Same as all those Chinese in Canada either they are first or second generation immigrants or international students.  I saw so much successful story happend around me including myself.  Nothing to show off just want to give some confidences to people who are struggling.   I had worked in the lowest position in one of largest company in canada 5 years ago when I just  be here, a little better than cleaner, but unfortunately, cleaner is not employee of my company.  I never lose my faith and do excellent job even it is half labour.  After my English graduately improved, I got 3 promotions in 4 years and work in my profession field also  involve in the executive.   When you boss look at you, they don't care 你是在地下室长大的, or 是听歌剧、看芭蕾、旅游度假长大的.  What they care is whether you are hard working, good interpersonal skill, professional competency.......   I agree that the higher position you are, the more competitive it would be.  The major barrier and challege for immigrant is English.  So do whatever you could to improve it.  Keep in mind the culture differents.  Chinese be educated too modest.  If you work in the western company don't be afraid to express your opinion.   
In a word, this is a good article and I believe the author could have an excellent future.
作者: discuz    时间: 2011-4-5 22:18
proud of you young man, I really do.
作者: okokoko9    时间: 2011-4-5 22:23
孩子最无辜,父母错误的选择,错误的做法都给孩子带来苦难。最奇妙的是,很多父母竟然还不知道这点,什么都往孩子身上怪,不承认自己的失败。
作者: discuz    时间: 2011-4-5 22:23
回复 17# dick10

why you so sneaky? why you so care about who wrote that article? be positive man, he's really a good author gives parents hopes.
作者: discuz    时间: 2011-4-5 22:53
回复 35# zhen2005

I like what you said and agree most part of your points, and also, as you said, most of chinese doesnt speak decent english as of english is the most important tool here in canada for LIFE, glad you are having it. however, something i not really agree with you is that the growing pain will always a life long pain, your background and living environment does make different inside of you compare with others how has different life style from childhood. be positive and commit that as a nagative.

Chinese who wants to live as what they like - china or be your own boss. no other choice.

my2cents
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-5 23:48
回复 35# zhen2005
你说我是来找感觉的, 我可一句没提过我的年收入\我开什么车\住什么房. 我只是想为可怜的孩子们说几句公道话. 倒是你, 使劲提自己, 和那个JACK一模一样, "After my English graduately improved, I got 3 promotions in 4 years and work in my profession field also  involve in the executive.  " 什么叫"involve in the executive"? 你是executive, 是就说是,不是就不是, involve个什么劲?
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 00:57
回复 40# Jstar

我们在80年代来的留学生,两口皮箱,几百美元,无父母跟包,更没移民身份,还要交外国学生学费。我们当中的大多数人,最后都拿了学位,找到了专业对口的工作。我们这些人吃的苦比你多多了。

根据我在加拿大各大、小高科技公司近20年的工作经验

???????

我只是想为可怜的孩子们说几句公道话. ????  I don't think there are any pathetic children need you to stand up for them.   Take care yourself and your kids and good luck for them.
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 01:04
回复 40# Jstar

在公司里爬金字塔的过程中,你的经历将使你大多数时候处于劣势,越往上越是如此,你才刚上班,还没开始爬楼梯呢,所以现在你还感受不到。

So, you feel it!!!  And lost?  But that doesn't mean others will like you.

For you information,  involve means I am not executive director but I am a member of executive team.  Understand now?
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 01:11
回复 31# Jstar

I do feel sorry for you.  Although you do received education in Western, you mind is as narrow as some uneducated Chinese parents who believe giving material is the best and only way to show their love to their children.  Do you understand why some US millionaires ask their children do household to get allowance?
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-6 02:20
回复 35# zhen2005

1。正规的北美大公司, 在员工加入公司周年纪念的日子左右, 经理都要给员工做评定, 如果达到了良(B),就会得到工资的晋升,直到这个员工的工资达到了这个职位的封顶水平。然后就只有周年评定,不再涨工资了,直到这个员工担任更重要的职位,比如team lead, 就又可以往更高的工资级别上迈步了。你四年只得了三次promotion,是你所在的公司不正规,还是你有一年表现不好,没被涨工资?
2。当你的上级把你当成一个好劳力来对待的时候,他/她只注重你是否努力工作,业务水平是否合格,其他的不用考虑。当公司要培养明日之星的话,那么你的教养、修养、风度、人格魅力等,就都要被考虑且占很大比例了。你的职业生涯也和JACK一样,刚刚开始,所以你还感受不到。
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 02:29
回复 39# webnomadness

You are right.  The pain in one's earlier life could last during whole life and have very negative effect to a person's personality and future success.  For example,  a kid lives under poor living condition may feel they are inferior compare to their peer, thus develop low self-esteem, lack of confident even suffer from depression and some antisocial behaviou.   That is why I love this article because it show us a great ample that your children could be grow up healthy, happy, confident and successful even under tough living condition.  The children will also respect their parent regardless their financial issue and job position.  The most important thing  is communication,  making your children understand you and also try to understand they.   May be you can't give your kids luxurious life, but I believe every parenets can do this and it is more beneficial for your kids in the future.  

Immigrant is extremely tough.  As runing marathon, we just start but others already in the midway or close to the terminal, not to mention deficiency we have such as language barrier and culture gap.  I don't know how much effort we should put in to catch up those people who born or received education here, and how much reward we can get.  But I believe we all had a reason when we decided to give up everything we had in China and move to here. I know many people come back China in the past several years, some of them get wonderful life back in China and some of them can't find their place in China and come back here again.  I miss my friends and family in China, but I know I will never come back and live there.   As those who don't want come back to China and can not be a boss, the  only one thing I can do now is try my best be part of this society.
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-6 02:30
回复 41# zhen2005

1、我想你自己没有孩子,你也不认识几个新移民的孩子,你怎么知道there are no pathetic children need me to say several words for them? 我在加拿大20多年,见过的和听过的多了去了。很多家长明明有经济能力,却死扣钱,使子女受到不必要的伤害,有些最后还造成了家庭悲剧。

2、我们一家人过得都很好,要不然的话我大概也没心思劝其他家长对自己孩子好一些。
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-6 03:02
回复 42# zhen2005
我当然感受过,基本每个移民(包括有色的和白的)都感受过,只要在公司里或政府机构里想爬台阶。如果有人在正经单位工作了五、六年往上,说他/她从没感受过,那么此人或者在说谎,或者是此人根本没加入爬金字塔的行列。

我当然在公司里受过不公正待遇,基本 每个移民(包括有色的和白的)都受过。我们夫妻两人坚持不懈、从没放弃过奋斗,才有今天的一切。我们知道自己走过的路有多难,所以我们尽力为自己的孩子搭建一个好的平台,同时也好心劝其他家长也尽力为自己的孩子。这难道有错吗?

既然大家是在讨论问题,应该心平气和,你为什么要气急败坏呢?如果一个人真从心底里觉得自己混得特别好的话,是不会这样气急败坏的。你所用的语气,非常RUDE,缺乏对别人起码的尊重。这是你的家教不到位还是你的个人修养不到位?
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 03:17
回复 46# Jstar

I broght my son to Canada when he was 6 years old, just enrolled in grade one. In order to let him in the best school, we chose a very decent community where most resident there are rich.   My son was upset at the first moment when he found out almost all classmates have most advance tool and vedio game appliance and very big luxuious playing room in the basement.  He always asked me why I couldn't bring him to see the moves on weekend  or why can we go to travel in March Break as his classmate do. Why could not he has big birthday party as his classmate?  It is difficult and painful when you had to explain those to a 6 years old boy who never experienced these in China.  Every time when he asked such question I stopped whatever I did, held his hand and look at his eye.  I told him that Dad and Mom just be this country 10 months but his classmates parents have been here more than 10 years.  Not only we must work very hard to support our life, but we also study very hard to make our life better.   I told him the most important thing for a person is not how much tool he or she have but how well he  perform in school.  I also assure him that just our family stay together, all work hard, in the near future, we can get every thing.  He is happy even he doesn't  have anything that his classmate have.  He had doing so well that was be enroll in gift program and have excellent performance in the program.  Now even we can afford everything. he is not spoiled, he is very independ and responsible.   Based on your theary was my son is pathetic at that time?  He wore second hand booth and clothes from my friends.  Haven't watch move in the first 2 years, never travel out of Canada until 4 years.  The truth is, I do have some money in my account at that time, did I mistreat my son?    I don't think so, I gave him the most important thing in life that can not buy by money.   I am sure may be he will have future better than those kids who fulfilled by money.

That is great your family and you have a wonderful life.  But I don't think it is necessary for you to care about or judge other families issues.   The thing you believe best may be is consider worst to the others.  By the way, it don't make any sense to bra..... in this website about children mistreat.   If you do heard or saw some chidren be mistreated, it is your responsibility to report to Children Protect Assosiation.  Rembmber, based on Canadian Criminal Code, you would be charged if you knew a child abuse and did not reported
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-6 03:31
本帖最后由 Jstar 于 2011-4-6 04:41 编辑

回复 43# zhen2005

你大可不必feel sorry for me. 我的父母都出身书香门第,我的爷爷是在上海的医生,我的姥爷是在北京的工程师,我的父母都是大学教授,我是在风景优美的大学校园里长大的,我大学上的是中国第一学府 - 我是在中国well educated 的典型。

我从来没说过giving material is the best and only way to show their love to their children。你为什么把这个话强加于我?有句话说的好,“钱不是完能的,但没钱是万万不能的”。你为什么对家长给自己孩子提供好的物质条件这么仇视呢? 是因为你的父母从未给予过你吗?即使你自己没有过,其他人通过自己的努力和奋斗,给自己的孩子好的生活,你也不应该这么愤怒吧?等以后你自己有了孩子,你愿意怎么对待那是你和你妻子的事,只要不违法就行;如果违法,自有政府机构来管理。

我当然understand why some US millionaires ask their children do household to get allowance,因为我们就是multi-millionaire(按加元算)。我们的孩子们都在一个国际连锁的课外学校当小老师,我认为让孩子们把自己的知识回报给社会,比给自己家做家务有意义。

我从头到尾就是想劝家长对自己的孩子多尽点心和力,我觉得自己没有任何错。你为什么这么气急败坏,不停地对我进行人身攻击?你是在讨论问题还是在泻私忿?可我也没招惹过你呀?
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 03:52
回复 44# Jstar

You had worked in Canadian company more than 20 years and you still don't understand the differents between promotion and salary increase?   Normally in a company you could work in same position and have regulary 3-5% salary increase every year.   Promotion means you have different title and your payment would have a big jump may be double or triple.

There still last jump I am preparing, If I succeed, I get everything I want in Canada.  I know I am not just beginner. I had gone through so much in the past 4 years, more than past 30 years I had experience.  I believe I had exprienced almost everything, good or bad.

当公司要培养明日之星的话,那么你的教养、修养、风度、人格魅力等,就都要被考虑且占很大比例了
eventually, I hear something make sense from you.
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 03:56
回复 49# Jstar

Last comment, then have to go sleep.

Who is 气急败坏??????

Where is my 人身攻击.

Please let me know and I will check it tomorrow or may be today.   I really hate to waste my vacation in here.
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-6 04:06
本帖最后由 Jstar 于 2011-4-6 05:59 编辑

回复 48# zhen2005

终于知道你为什么那么气急败坏地反对我建议家长对自己的孩子好了,这是因为你们刚来的时候有一段特别苦的日子,你的孩子处处比人差,特受委屈,所以你也拒绝承认苦日子对孩子的人生有负面影响。你这么做就有点阿Q了,否认事实没有任何意义,而且你反对我建议家长对自己孩子好就更不对了。你自己的孩子受过苦,你就不同意我的建议,那么你是想让所有的孩子们都过得比你孩子的经历还惨痛,难道你就好受了,就心理平衡了?这也太阴暗了吧?你这样的心理对你孩子的成长可没有任何好处,只有负面影响。

Now I finally understand that why you are so, so mad when I suggest that parents should give their children the best they can afford. Because you could not afford many things your kid wanted for a long time. But this should not be the reason you against other parents give their children good lives. And this also can not be the reason you did personal attacks to me many times here.

I am happy for you and your family that you kid doing well,and I wish him the best. At mean time, although our kids' lives are 'fulfiled by money" as you said, our kids are not spoiled at all. They are all top students in gifted class and even skiped one grade. Besides their excelent acadamic archievment, they are great at piano, art,  sports, involved in several clubs and be the leaders there, got several award in international compititions. There is no reason I do not believe our kids will have a splended future.

What I said about the kids been mistreated is about their parents can afford to give them something but simply do not just to save the money. I have always been in proffesional field in Canada and  never knew anyone who are so low that they mistreat their kids to the point of against the law. I learned law in Canada and past the exam. I truely believe that the professor did a good job (at least better than you can do). Please save your knowledge of Canadian law to other people who really need it.
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-6 04:17
本帖最后由 Jstar 于 2011-4-6 06:07 编辑

回复 50# zhen2005

你在公司里混了几年,就觉得自己是number 1 了?可以随便教训任何人了?就有了个白领的工作,就觉得自己上天了。你这才刚开始呢,以后的路还长着呢。你不知道的事情还多着呢,你不了解的SENSE也海了去了。你对加拿大有多少了解,就说 "I will get everything I want in Canada"? 你不觉得自己可笑,旁人很清醒。
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-6 04:41
本帖最后由 Jstar 于 2011-4-6 06:05 编辑

回复 51# zhen2005

你用了那么多“!”和“?”, 还说自己没气急败坏?看来气急败坏是你的常态, 你自己已经习以为常、感觉不到了。

你多次对我人身攻击,还说从没有过。那我只能理解为你的素质太低下,满嘴人身攻击还觉得自己是在唠家常。

网落是公共的,自有大家评说。不过我不明白你为什么用英文发言,不用母语。千万别跟我说你现在英文比中文流利了,你不大会中文了。那笑话可就大了。

我劝你还是心平气和点,这样对你孩子也有好处。无论你在这里如何攻击别人,你们过去的苦日子也不能被改写了。 你可以苛刻你自己的孩子,你是你和你妻子的事。但是我建议家长对自己孩子尽心尽力,你为什么要这样来不顾一切、毫无理智地反对呢?You said that you hate to spend your vacation here. Then let me tell you: nobody invited you. You came here by yourself. Now you say that you hate to waste your time here, try to show you are 高级 than everyone? 真可笑。

我与你或是JACK本人都无关, 你们爱谁谁。我在这里发言是因为我认为JACK和你的发言有误导家长的成分,可能使更多的孩子们受不必要的委屈。如果有一对家长能听进一点我的话,那末我就帮助了一个孩子和一个家庭,那末我的时间就花得有意义。这就是我和你的区别:我是想帮助别人,你是想泄私忿(对前几年苦日子的愤怒)。如果你永远带着这种情绪,即使是只对自己同胞的话,你走不远的。
作者: zhen2005    时间: 2011-4-6 06:13
回复 54# Jstar
1. I don't have Chinese type setting in my computer so I had to use English.  I also surprised that you can still type Chinese so well after more than 20 years in Canada, You are really from 书香门第.  however, every time when I read your comment, I have someone in my mind.  Stand in the middle of street, one hand on the waist, the other arm stretch and finger almost point to my nose.  It really doesn't fit: 我的父母都出身书香门第,我的爷爷是在上海的医生,我的姥爷是在北京的工程师,我的父母都是大学教授,我是在风景优美的大学校园里长大的,我大学上的是中国第一学府 - 我是在中国well educated 的典型。I use ? just a courtesy way to remind you, you are the one......

2. You had education in Canada.  You spend more than 20 years in Canada.  Have you ever watch the politician debate?  If you don't watch it this time, when the party leader debate, they some time attack people. But that is all business.  Nothing personal.

3. I said I will get every thing I want in Canada just because I know who I am and what I want.  For me a stable enjoyable professional job with relatively decent pay is enough.  I just want my family and I had middle class life in Canada.  I am not as fancy as you: Canadian education.  learning law and past the examination-lawyer?   Oh, I am so scared.   Have more than 20 years working experience in big or small company.  

4. I didn't have mysteriou life in Canada, even in the first several years.  I lived in a very decent community and have my own house. My whole family is happy at that time even we had work very hard.  I didn't give my son everything is because it is not very necessary and it should consider luxurious at that time.  I have a baby girl now, even for her, I will not give her every thing she want in the future.  That exprience is very treasure for my family  and we always dicusse it now.

5.  The reason why I against you are.
a.  I think it is unfair to talk jack the way you did.  He is a positive youngman and change his life by his effort . He should be applauded rather than judge.
b. You comment is very unfair to many new immigrant family who love their kids not less than you, but just can't provide adequate material to their kid. they are good parents as you, no unqualified.
c.  You repeat again and again that JACK is misguide parents to mistreat their kids, but I think you are MISGUIDE many kids if they have chance to read your comment.  They will think it is take for granted to get every thing from parents and their parents should do whatever they could to fulfill their need.  They will feel very reasonable to blame their parent, if they disatisfied.   So, you are MISGUIDE people.

It doesn't matter how much education you received.  From the bottom of your heart. you are uneducated.
作者: loneshepherd    时间: 2011-4-6 11:43
回复  loneshepherd
我根本就不是在评价JACK本人如何,我是觉得他的发言误导家长,会使更多的孩子们受委屈,所以要说几句。我认为不在于家长为孩子具体花了多少钱,而在于家长是不是尽力而为了。JACK的贴子似乎是在鼓励家长们对孩子越抠越好,生活条件越差越好。他自己受了苦,现在希望更多的孩子受苦。按照他的理论,等他老婆怀孕了,他们应该立刻搬到地下室去住,楼上招几家房客,否则将来他的孩子就当不上“精神富三代”了,那多可惜呀!
Jstar 发表于 2011-4-5 20:40 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

Totally agree.
Your original post was wired English though.
作者: Jackofall    时间: 2011-4-6 16:35
回复 11# visiondream

因为是回应另外一篇文章,所以标题说“你们从未给我丢脸”。我们不要细抠字眼了,作者的意思,我想就是:爸爸妈妈,我为你们感到自豪!
作者: Jackofall    时间: 2011-4-6 16:38
让我们来先比较一下两对父母:
      相同之处: 都爱自己的孩子, 尽自己的最大努力来为孩子创造一个好的生活和学习环境.
      不同之处: 1. 一对父母的经济能力强一些, 另外一对父母的经济能力弱一些.
                     2. 一对父母生了一个孝子, 另外一对父母生了一个逆子.

让我们来再比较一下两个孩子:
     相同之处: 都想生活的好一些.
     不同之处: 一个有才有德, 一个无才无德.

虎行千里吃肉, 狗行千里吃屎.
kyle.1977 发表于 2011-4-5 18:27 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

个人认为不是生孝子生逆子的问题。人之初一团肉哦,全在于后天的教育、培养。
作者: loneshepherd    时间: 2011-4-7 15:23
回复  visiondream

因为是回应另外一篇文章,所以标题说“你们从未给我丢脸”。我们不要细抠字眼了,作者的意思,我想就是:爸爸妈妈,我为你们感到自豪!
Jackofall 发表于 2011-4-6 17:35 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

真希望“爸爸妈妈,我为你们感到自豪!”是本文标题
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-7 19:59
回复 55# zhen2005
讨论问题应该就事论事,而你已经对我本人说了那么多personal attack的话,却为自己无理狡辩“that is all business.  Nothing personal. ” 既然如此,那末按照你的荒抝逻辑,我也来对你business一把。

首先,你真的很需要education in Canada。你自己仔细读一读你写的英文,就知道我为什么这么说了。其次,你的中文水平也实在欠缺,你对我的发言从头到尾就是误读。我劝做父母的为自己孩子尽心尽力,就是说有多大能力使多大劲。我从来没有说让家长为孩子不顾条件的瞎花钱,更没有说过给孩子钱是爱孩子的最好和唯一的方式,这些胡言乱语都是你强加于我的。所以所说,你不仅仅是英文欠缺,连中文也没学好,典型的unedacated person。

关于怎么辩论,我也受过Canadian Education了,不用你操心。倒是你,根本不懂得辩论的基本路述。首先,辩论是有中心议题的。我的议题很明确 - 劝做父母的为自己孩子尽心尽力。而你,除了说不要为孩子花任何钱之外,通片从各个方面对我进行人身攻击,连我的父母、祖辈和孩子们都不放过。你的言行说明你的道德品质低于一个可以称之为“人”的底线。所以不仅从文化水平上, 你是unedacated person,从道德品质上,你也是unedacated person。其次,辩论是你来我往的过程。凡是你对我轰过来的炮弹(尽管无理又无礼),我都一一回应了。可是你对我反复问你的一个问题 “我劝做父母的为自己孩子尽心尽力,有什么错?”你从来就没正面回答。你在这贴#5(C)的说法纯粹是胡说八道 - 有哪个十几岁的移民二代会来五一网?真是天大的笑话!十几岁的孩子们都在Facebook and Youtube 上忙活哪。再说了,我写都是中文,连你这三十好几的中文差的主儿看着都理解不了,十几岁的移民二代就是真来了五一网,也读不懂啊!以前你父母和你老师没教给你(恐怕他们也不会),现在我教你, 记住了 - 辩论是摆事实,讲道理,不是胡言乱语,无中生有,不是进行人身攻击,更不能对辱骂辩论对手的家人。在西方世界,如果一个政治家辩论的时候辱骂辩论对手的家人,那此人的支持率也就完了。我在加拿大第一次看政治辩论,是在1989年的夏天,工党的领导人竞选。到今天,美、加的政治辩论,我记不清看过多少次了,偶尔有气急败坏的政治家向对方做人身攻击(事后基本都道歉了),但从来没有辱骂辩论对手的家人的。我不知道你来加拿大的这几年,看了几次政治辩论?恐怕头几年看了也根本听不懂吧,何况你还要打好几份工,恐怕也没时间。这次好了,你有了正经白领的工作,英文也能听个一知半解,好好地学习学习,什么是politician debate。

看了你的这一贴,我更明白为什么你对我的观点这么气急败坏,这么疯狂地对我和我的家人进行人身攻击。不仅仅是我的话说中了你是怎样对待你儿子的(有钱却从不给买玩具、不给看电影、不让参加生日会(不买礼物)、不给孩子办生日会),主要是因为我的话说中了你自己心里最深处的痛处。你的家庭背景低下,上的大学也是无名氏,你在国内的时候,经常被人看不起,自己心里总是非常自卑,有时也很自傲(因为你是你们村/乡里的为数不多的大学生之一),总之是非常扭曲的心灵。到加拿大这几年,混下来,现在有了正经白领的工作了,看看周围的新移们,有不少混得比你差的。不如你的人当中,不乏家庭背景和学历都比你好多了的。于是乎,你觉得自己总算翻身了,得意洋洋了,把以前看不起你的那类人踩在脚下了。我的话使你想起了你的过去,而且似乎还预言了你的未来。所以你就气疯了,于是你就显现你的unedacated的本来面目,用你祖祖辈辈站当街的方式,在这儿侮辱我和我的家人。无论你嫉妒得发狂,怎样谩骂,我都出身于书香门第,从整个文明世界的任何方面来讲,我都受到了非常良好的教育。而你呢,谩骂我并提高不了任何一丁点儿你的家庭出身,也改进不了任何你在学历方面的不足。就象我已经说过的,我发言是为了大家好,你是为了泻私忿。

你既然那么欣赏JACK,觉得千万不能为自己的孩子们提供任何一点好的物质待遇,那么你们全家还不赶紧搬到地下室去,在楼上召几家房客,否则将来你的孩子们就当不上“精神富二代”了,那你会多痛心啊!

按你的说法,it's only business. Nothing personal.
作者: Jstar    时间: 2011-4-7 20:00
回复 56# loneshepherd

谢谢支持!

我一直都是用中文写的。这一楼比较乱,你大概看差了。
作者: anybody    时间: 2011-4-8 12:33
我只是对这个题目感兴趣才来潜水的, 但实在忍不住冒个泡.
对一件事有不同看法很正常, 心平气和地讨论就是了, 这样超出范围的彼此人身攻击只能让人摇头叹息了.
作者: 家庭团队    时间: 2011-4-8 13:38
同意#62的评论。愿意发表评论的人能充分利用51网站提供的平台给出积极和可行的建议或分享成功的育子经验,那是很有意义的。秦女士一定经常浏览新的评论并尝试改进自己的教子方法。如果能多给些建议或心得会更好。
作者: 家庭团队    时间: 2011-4-8 18:39
本帖最后由 家庭团队 于 2011-4-8 19:41 编辑

Jack取得得成绩很值得肯定和鼓励。但是作为家长,还是要在条件允许的情况下去尽最大努力让孩子开心包括改善生活状况。凡事不要随潮流,根据自己家的情况把生活搞得有声有色。这里我有2个例子讲出来,都是日常生活中发生的。
1.一个邻居的小女孩儿,全家也是新移民,在8,9岁时对妈妈说同学有很多芭比娃娃,她也很喜欢芭。于是她妈妈买了一个给她,她整天爱不释手。在后来的4年中,她妈妈又给她买了不少,因为这位妈妈看到孩子玩芭比有多开心。另一个朋友的太太对他妈妈讲,孩子这麽大了,干嘛还玩儿芭比,玩儿完以后过两年都得扔,浪费钱。她爸妈当时还没工作,她妈妈依然坚持给孩子买,而且说,孩子不同的年龄段喜欢玩的东西尽量满足她,过了这几年等生活条件好了,孩子也长大了,那时可能孩子看也不会看一眼芭比了。事实验证了这位女孩儿母亲的话。孩子现在已上高中,对芭比毫无兴趣。但当时的芭比陪伴了孩子开心了好几年。
2.中国家长大多“让”孩子从小学钢琴或其他乐器,学的目的各不相同。这个男孩儿的家长没有跟潮流。孩子自己也没兴趣。现在,孩子大学毕业,成为专业人士。虽然不是性格外向,但从小学时一直就落落大方,充满自信。我经常问他母亲为何这麽教子有方。因为我见过一些男孩儿,父母对其各方面都抓得很紧,当然孩子各方面也很优秀,但是孩子很害羞,见到叔叔阿姨时不打招呼不问好,就像没看见一样。
我举得例子并无代表性,都是发生在周围的。希望不要把这些例子作为批判的靶子。也希望能给新移民一点有用的启示。
作者: qlpy    时间: 2011-4-8 22:14
有这样的孩子,父母再苦再累也心甜,支持这样的家庭!感谢加拿大给了人们好的社会环境和独立自强的意识。

欢迎光临 无忧论坛 (https://bbs.51.ca/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2