作者: tibetsmilecom    时间: 2008-9-3 08:34
标题: 回复:[评论]新移民在加拿大怎样给孩子取英文名?
干吗要起英文名字。

信教的给孩子起个教名,也不能说是英语名,都是旧约上来的。

希腊、罗马、北欧、阿拉伯的名字也不是英语名字。

只要起个全世界人发音都不困难的名字、什么意思自己心里有数就好。

觉得也是,在这里用中文名字也没什么不好的。
作者: 拉非克    时间: 2008-9-3 11:11
曾经一位伊朗人问我,你们中国人有自己的名字了,为什么不用还非要取英文名呢?问得我颇觉尴尬,答曰是方便别人叫,可这名字难道不是最个体,最代表自己的吗?此刻就这么无私,专方便别人了?
印度人也好,伊朗人也好,他们的名字大多都是保持他们自己的,虽让我们有时叫着别扭,但觉得自然.
几曾何时,咱中国人非要舍自己灿烂的文化-----文字即名字来附和洋人?加拿大推崇的多元文化连名字都不保了?注意到美国媒体提及中国人名,均按中国习惯,性在前,名在后,标榜多元文化的加拿大却是硬将中国人的姓放到后面,弄个不伦不类中文名.....
悲哀啊!
中国人,叫再好听的英文名你还是中国人!挺起腰杆叫回自己的名字吧!
作者: richard0101    时间: 2008-9-3 11:16
标题: Most of those names are from Bible
Most of those names are from Bible
作者: 独立意志    时间: 2008-9-3 11:24
标题: 要兼顾
不够。外语听起来犯忌、犯冲、贬意、滑稽的名字,即便有再好的本意也很遗憾。  

什么意思自己心里有数就好。
作者: canadafreeword    时间: 2008-9-3 11:26
凑数的文章, 象从国内小报上或网上抄的, 没有什么意义.
作者: puma    时间: 2008-9-3 11:38
曾经一位伊朗人问我,你们中国人有自己的名字了,为什么不用还非要取英文名呢?问得我颇觉尴尬,答曰是方便别人叫,可这名字难道不是最个体,最代表自己的吗?此刻就这么无私,专方便别人了?
印度人也好,伊朗人也好,他们的名字大多都是保持他们自己的,虽让我们有时叫着别扭,但觉得自然.
几曾何时,咱中国人非要舍自己灿烂的文化-----文字即名字来附和洋人?加拿大推崇的多元文化连名字都不保了?注意到美国媒体提及中国人名,均按中国习惯,性在前,名在后,标榜多元文化的加拿大却是硬将中国人的姓放到后面,弄个不伦不类中文名.....
悲哀啊!
中国人,叫再好听的英文名你还是中国人!挺起腰杆叫回自己的名字吧!

他们不起英文名字,是因为他们的名字可以直接用英文拼写书来。而我们的名字都是中文,是方块字,无法直接用英文表达。只能通过“汉语拼音”的形式“转换”一下,既然是“转换”,自然要让考虑对方容易读,容易认。否则还起个别人不知所云的名字就没必要了。
作者: 拉非克    时间: 2008-9-3 11:42
他们不起英文名字,是因为他们的名字可以直接用英文拼写书来。而我们的名字都是中文,是方块字,无法直接用英文表达。只能通过“汉语拼音”的形式“转换”一下,既然是“转换”,自然要让考虑对方容易读,容易认。否则还起个别人不知所云的名字就没必要了。

不会吧?伊朗人的名字难道不是用英文音译的吗?就象汉语拼音也是音译.
作者: li331    时间: 2008-9-3 11:47
我的名字不太好听, 小时候招人取笑, 孤立的情形至今历历在目, 即便在中国.............
作者: yalan    时间: 2008-9-3 19:26
what a stupid, shameful idea is this. the writer does not even know what is ENGLISH NAME. why do you have to get another name, when you have pin yin name. everyone knows how to pronounce it... if they find it difficult... make them!!!

I use my pin yin name in my work place, this is a one of world largest chemical companies and I am doing the corporate planning - involving heavy communications, no body feels strange about names... they are trying so hard to pronounce  my pinyin name correctly, and there is no problem for my work.

you should be proud of your pin yin name.

tell you something about the names listed, most of them used to be Jewish name, it is because of religion that they became the common name in Europe.

so don't say English name, you'd better say European name.
作者: 对人不对事    时间: 2008-9-4 06:44
me too.

what a stupid, shameful idea is this. the writer does not even know what is ENGLISH NAME. why do you have to get another name, when you have pin yin name. everyone knows how to pronounce it... if they find it difficult... make them!!!

I use my pin yin name in my work place, this is a one of world largest chemical companies and I am doing the corporate planning - involving heavy communications, no body feels strange about names... they are trying so hard to pronounce  my pinyin name correctly, and there is no problem for my work.

you should be proud of your pin yin name.

tell you something about the names listed, most of them used to be Jewish name, it is because of religion that they became the common name in Europe.

so don't say English name, you'd better say European name.
作者: 毛刘周朱陈林邓    时间: 2008-9-4 07:11
俺认识的伊朗人也有用英文名的
俺认识一个知名的小日本是用英文名的:David Suzuki

孙大炮跑到日本后也给自已起个东洋名,叫中山什么的,中国国母宋龄她爹也有一个英文名,叫Charlie Jones
作者: 吃饱了撑的    时间: 2008-9-4 07:35
俺也有英文名字,主要是起保护作用,在加拿大没有人知道俺的中文名字,就是作坏事,没有人可以举报俺
作者: Anakin    时间: 2008-9-18 03:12
you have pin yin name. everyone knows how to pronounce it.
zh, q, x, ..., ua, uo, iu,...,  everyone knows how to pronounce them properly? give me a break!

欢迎光临 无忧论坛 (https://bbs.51.ca/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2