图书管理员 发表于 2002-1-10 09:51:59

After a While(转)

译者: flute

After a While

By Veronica A. Shoffstall
Submitted by Barbara Cowdy

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
沉思片刻 , 你会明白牵手和心心相印之间微妙的差异 ,

And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security,
你会明白爱情并非是意味着依赖伴侣并非是意味着安全 ,

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises,
你会开始认识到親吻不是婚约礼物并不是承诺 .

And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child,
你会开始抬起头来以成人的洒脱坦然接受你的失败 , 而非象孩子般忧伤不已 .

And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans.
你就会在现在脚踏实地地走你的路因为明天变化莫测无法预知 .
( 你应该学会在制定计划时眼于今天 , 因为明天充满了太多的不确定 .)

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
沉思片刻 , 你会领悟到如果你索取过的过多 , 即便是阳光也会灼伤你 .
So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
因此在自己的花园中耕耘去升华自己的的灵魂而不是等待别人带给你芬芳 .

And you learn that you really can endure...
你会发现其实你是可以忍耐的

That you really are strong,
其实你是坚强的

And you really do have worth.
你会发现你的真正价值所在 .


flute 签名档 : 幸福是一种持续时间较长的对生活的满足和感到生活有巨大乐趣并自然而然地希望持续久远的愉快心情 !

忧愁河 发表于 2002-1-11 03:32:40

Thank you! That's nice!
页: [1]
查看完整版本: After a While(转)