温度感觉:
  • 实时天气:温尼伯 -11°
    温度感觉: -18°
查看: 357|回复: 0

2018留学生免费报税

发表于 2018-2-21 10:26:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Free 2018 Personal Tax Return for International Students
FAQs
1.Why should International Students also file the personal tax return annually?
Tuition, Education, and textbook amounts
- Tuition, education, and textbook amounts are non-refundable tax credits that allow students to reduce their income taxes. Even if you do not have to pay tax, you may be able to carry forward all or part of your tuition, education, and textbook amounts, to use in a future year.
Goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
- The GST/HST credit helps certain individuals and families, depending on income, offset all or part of the GST/HST that they pay.
Ontario Trillium Benefit
- Ontario Sales Tax Credit: You could get up to $301 for each member of your family.
- Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit: If you pay rent or property tax, you could get up to $1,043 for non-seniors and up to $1,187 for seniors to help with the sales tax on energy costs and property taxes.
Students Loans Interests
- You can claim interest on qualifying student loans, such as those made to you under the Canada Student Loans Act or the Canada Student Financial Assistance Act. If you dont use the credit, you can carry it forward for five years. You can’t transfer it to anyone else.
2.Who are you & why are you doing it for free?
- Jane Hu, CPA, CGA. Graduated from the University of Toronto, St. George Campus, specializing in Accounting with hands-on experiences on personal tax return filing. I came to Toronto and became an International student 11 years ago and would like to share the knowledge I learned from school and real life with the new generations of International Students and give back to the community.
3.What do I need to provide?
- If you have a work permit or work on campus, please provide your SIN. If you don't have one, you can apply through Service Canada
- If you dont have a work permit or work on campus, you will have to fill out FormT1261 and apply for a CRA Individual Tax Number, together with the tax return.
- Please add me on WeChat and provide your email address. I will send you a checklist for you to prepare the documents. All the communication will be through email and WeChat.
4.I have not filed a tax return for a few years, can I file previous year's tax return together?
- Yes, you can. CRA allows you to file past 10 years' tax return.
5.I am no longer an International Student. Can you still file a tax return for me?
- Yes, I can. However, a minimum fee will apply depends on the complexity of each case.
Wechat QR code

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表