• 实时天气:温尼伯
    温度感觉:
查看: 952|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

两兄弟可以结婚成为同性伴侣吗

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-2 23:36:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
最近随着传统婚姻定义的修改,许多伦理&法律问题浮现出来.有爱钻牛角尖的人频频发问,所谓法律专家应接不暇.

The original link:
http://toronto.24hrs.ca/Columnists/OnFamilyLaw/

It never hurts to be civil

On family law
John T. Syrtash   

Q: Can two brothers marry as a gay couple or two sisters marry as a lesbian couple in Ontario and then claim tax benefits?

A: Yes. And no, this time it is not April Fool's. The Marriage Act Regulations (Ontario) and the Marriage (Prohibited Degrees) Act (Canada) bar the lawful solemnization of marriage between a brother and sister, by whole or half blood or by court order of adoption.

But these statutes are silent about marriages between two sisters and or between two brothers. Further, I cannot find anything in the Income Tax Act or its regulations. Even if there was such a provision, it would likely be deemed unconstitutional.

Q: I am currently separated and my ex and I have joint custody. If she decided to move out of the city or country, can she do that?

A: She would have to have your written approval or obtain a court order on notice to you. Getting such a court order without your consent is very difficult, although it should be somewhat easier if she had sole custody, according to the Ontario Court of Appeal.

In reality, the trial division courts make decisions on the child's "best interests" on a case-by-case basis, even where the parent leaving has sole custody.

However, if a parent with sole custody loses on the trial level, that parent may consider appealing to the Ontario Court of Appeal because sole custodial parents do very well up there on this issue.

Q: I have a one-year-old child with someone that I no longer have a relationship with, not even a civil relationship. All our communication is done via e-mail. He pays his child support on time, but I want something "legal" in writing from him. Do I have to go to court?

A: You can either obtain a court order and alienate the guy or, you can send him a friendly e-mail -- something like, "Dear dad of your child who I don't even have a civil relationship with anymore. I think it's a good idea for both of us to sign a child support agreement to protect both of us. I attach a draft agreement my lawyer prepared. What do you think?"

It never hurts to be civil. It doesn't necessarily lead to dancing.

John T. Syrtash, B.A. (Hon.) LL.B., has been a family law lawyer for 23 years and is a partner with Beard Winter LLP in Toronto. Visit: www.freemychild.com. His column appears weekly in 24 hours.

Send your questions to: [email protected]

Disclaimer: Neither Mr. Syrtash, BEARD WINTER LLP or SUN MEDIA CORPORATION, is in any way liable for any consequences arising from any reader attempting to rely on this or any other column of Mr. Syrtash for the purposes of legal advice. The reader is strongly advised to seek out the services of competent legal counsel in Ontario for such legal advice for their particular problem.
沙发
发表于 2005-8-3 12:34:37 | 只看该作者
some of law are ridiculous, for instance, a man can not play vice city vedio game because it is illegal in ontario, but he can marry a guy without any problem, what is reality? play video game ro marry a guy.
板凳
发表于 2005-8-3 13:16:51 | 只看该作者
眞正的婚姻并不会改变

作者:蔓菁
环球华报
C-38的通过使同性婚姻从道德范畴转到法律范畴,加拿大联合教会主席Peter Short认为C-38法案的通过,并不会使眞正的婚姻改变。“这是一件惊奇的事,因为我们将生活在一个新的世界里。在这里道德不是关于性的问题,而是关于爱的问题。爱不是以被爱对象来衡量的,而是以爱的实质来衡量的。眞正的道德上的爱的敌人是害怕而不是性。”

当很多人执着于婚姻的传统时,却忽略了婚姻的本质:爱。没有爱的异性婚姻,是社会道德日益败坏的原因。离婚率的上升、单身家庭、问题少年等等社会现象的存在,不是因为同性恋的存在,而是因为人心离爱越来越远。现在很多反对同性婚姻的人总是把同性恋和犯罪联系起来,觉得同性婚姻合法化,就会为所有罪恶打开法律的大门。人类社会现在面临道德败坏的困境,不从自身寻找原因,却总是要找一些替罪羊。如果一个人眞能顺从上帝,回归本性,同性婚姻合法化难道能改变他的性取向吗?同性婚姻合法化只是给了同性恋人群一个正常的生存空间,使他们同样有机会去体验婚姻的眞谛:爱。同性婚姻合法化并没有给异性恋人群改变性倾向任何鼓励。婚姻不会因为你改变了婚姻对象就会长久稳定,婚姻的维系是靠长久耐心的爱和忠诚。这才是社会安定的基础。婚姻的眞谛不会因为同性婚姻合法化而改变。

同性恋人群与异性恋人群一样,有很多是不信奉婚姻的,但也有很多是婚姻的信奉者。他们追求长久和忠贞的爱。同性婚姻合法化给了这些人机会去实现他们对婚姻的理想,这无疑增加了婚姻的信奉人群。为了社会的道德,我们要捍卫的是婚姻的眞谛,而不是婚姻的形式。婚姻在某种程度上是一种对性泛滥的约束。同性恋人群长期与社会保守势力抗争,争取婚姻权利,是因为他们看重婚姻,婚姻对他们来说同样是神圣的。我希望有越来越多的婚姻信奉及实践者,去改变现代人对婚姻的草率。

现在有捍卫传统婚姻联盟,我不知道他们到底是捍卫婚姻的方式,还是捍卫婚姻的实质。如果我们从本质上去捍卫婚姻,我们该了解婚姻的眞谛在于爱,而不在于结婚的对象。眞正的婚姻并没有改变,这是根植在我们心中无法磨灭的对爱的渴望和忠贞。
地板
发表于 2005-8-3 16:41:28 | 只看该作者

这会儿单身的可以在国内找一个同性的假结婚过来了.......

看来将来的假结婚会更容易的
5#
发表于 2005-8-9 13:46:43 | 只看该作者

回复:这会儿单身的可以在国内找一个同性的假结婚过来了.......

最初由[canadafreeword]发布
这会儿单身的可以在国内找一个同性的假结婚过来了.......

看来将来的假结婚会更容易的

对于那些道德低下,没有诚信的人,的确多了一天可走的路。但请不要把这种现象归咎同性恋婚姻,而忽视这种现象的根本原因——这种非同性恋人没有诚信。

好比防盗,无论的法律多么完备,铁门多厚,要碰到没有公德的小偷强盗,他还是会进来的。而在加拿大,虽然木门、不设防盗网,入屋盗窃还是少很多。铁门也只是可以防君子不防小人。

想过来假结婚的人,他会有很多路。同性结婚是相对复杂的一条。因为你无法在国内找到结婚证,还有相对更困难的找证据你的伴侣关系。我们同性恋都难。何况这些人?
6#
发表于 2005-8-10 13:29:00 | 只看该作者
:cool2:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表