温度感觉:
  • 实时天气:温尼伯 -6°
    温度感觉: -12°
查看: 8179|回复: 4

关于"看牙医"的英语会话

发表于 2001-12-19 12:05:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Extracting a tooth 拔牙

Patient=P Doctor=D
P: I have a bad tooth. Should it be filled?
D: This tooth is too bad to be filled any more. It has to be pulled. Do you agree to have it extracted?
P: It's up to you to decide what to do.
D: Have you ever had an injection of procaine? Have you ever been allergic to anything?
P: No.
D: That's fine. Now I'll give you an injection. Please open your mouth as wide as you can. But relax. It won't hurt much. Now you've gotten the injection. Please wash your mouth and spit out the water into the spittoon. If you feel your heart palpitate a little, it doesn ’ t matter. That ’ s the effect of the procaine, and it ’ ll soon be over. Now, do you feel numb? Do you have a sensation of swelling on the lips and the tongue? This tooth is in very bad condition. It needs a careful operation, which may last a little longer than usual. Now, the tooth is out. Please bite and hold the cotton ball tightly in place. Don ’ t spit it out until half an hour from now. You may eat in two hours. But don ’ t rinse your mouth today because it may cause bleeding. Please go to make the payment and get the medicines.
发表于 2001-12-19 12:07:45 | 显示全部楼层
Dental Caries 龋齿

P: There ’ s a hole in my back tooth. A filling has fallen out. A tooth that has been filled in Shanghai has started to hurt.
D: Do you have any pain? Does the tooth hurt when coming in contact with sweet or cold things?
P: It hurts just a little.
D: It is a deep cavity, we ’ ll have an x-ray taken of that tooth just to make sure about the apex (牙尖) . If it is in good condition, I ’ ll treat it.
This tooth can be filled.
D: I ’ ll clean it now. Let me know if it hurts. Bite please. Now open your mouth again. Do you feel anything abnormal when you clench your teeth? Please come here for polishing after two or three days.
发表于 2001-12-19 12:08:36 | 显示全部楼层
Inflammation of the Gums (Gingivitis) 牙龈炎

P: Doctor, my gums bleed and my mouth is emitting a bad smell.
D: How long have you had this condition?
P: Since about one year ago.
D: Does the bleeding occur by itself or is it induced by some irritation? That is to say, do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth, when you eat, or do they bleed for no apparent reason at all?
P: I don ’ t know. All I know is that it seems to happen very often.
D: Have you noticed any bleeding spots on your skin?
P: No.
D: Let me do a check-up. H ’ m, there is a lot of dental calculus on the teeth and this may cause inflammation and bleeding of the gums. I would recommend a cleaning of the teeth. This can only be done on Wednesday mornings. Please go to the nurse to make an appointment. I ’ ll give you a medicinal liquid. You will apply a little of it on the edges of the gums after brushing your teeth in the evening. It is very important that you pay more attention to dental hygiene. The teeth should be brushed twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. The upper and lower rows of teeth should be brushed separately, one after the other. All the crevices must be cleared of remnant food. Besides, I ’ ll give you a kind of Chinese powder. Massage your gums with it twice a day, about 3 or 4 minutes each time, after you have brushed your teeth.
P: Thanks. Should I come back for another consultation?
D: It would be better if you came back once more after the teeth-cleaning
发表于 2001-12-19 12:09:15 | 显示全部楼层
Pulpitis 牙髓炎

D: Sit in the chair please. Lean your head back against the chair now. What ’ s the trouble?
P: I have an awful toothache.
D: Which tooth is causing the trouble?
P: I don ’ t know. The right side of my face and head hurts.
D: How long have you had this pain?
P: Two days.
D: Does the pain increase at night?
P: Yes, if hurt so much at night that I couldn ’ t sleep.
D: Does the pain increase when you take hot or cold food?
P: Yes, It ’ s particularly painful if I drink something cold.
D: Please open your mouth and let me examine your teeth. One of your back teeth has a big cavity. We ’ ll take an x-way picture fist. The x-ray room is on the third floor. Let ’ s go there now.
P: what ’ s the result?
D: The pulp (牙髓) is exposed. I ’ ll give you an injection first. Then, I ’ ll put some medicine in the cavity to kill the nerve.
P: OK.
D: Rinse your mouth and spit into the basin. Now open your mouth wide, please. This injection may hurt a little, but don ’ t move, the pain will soon stop.
Does your mouth fell numb now?
P: Yes.
D: Good, avoid chewing on that tooth today. I ’ ll give you some tablets for the pain. If necessary, take one tablet. Here is your prescription. Come back in two weeks for the permanent filling.
发表于 2001-12-19 12:09:50 | 显示全部楼层
Sensitive Denture 牙齿过敏

P: My tooth is very sensitive to cold.
D: There ’ s quite a bit of erosion. Which way do you brush your teeth?
P: I usually brush them horizontally
D: Oh, up and down is better. The way you are doing it rubs all the natural enamel off, you know.
P: It ’ s the correct thing to do.
D: Today I ’ ll apply a solution on the erosion for desensitization.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表