• 实时天气:温尼伯
    温度感觉:
查看: 614|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Master个人自述申请写作例文

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2002-12-17 17:39:53 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Master个人自述申请写作例文弗兰克写作中心提供(咨询:416-838-6696)
My interest in chemistry dates back to my years in high school, where I excelled in chemistry, physics, and mathematics. When I was a senior, I took an applied chemistry course at a local college (such an advanced course was not available in high school) and earned only the A+ within 50 students, most of whom were college students. It seemed only logical that I pursue a career in chemical engineering.

When I began my undergraduate career, I had the opportunity to be exposed to the full range of chemical engineering courses, all of which tended to enhance and solidify my unquenchable interest in chemical engineering. I excelled in both intro-courses and advanced chemistry courses (as enclosed in my transcription). For example, my organic chemistry and physical chemistry courses, two of most rudimental courses for chemical engineering, were scored A+. Last summer, when I was a research assistant at the university lab, my group researched on water-soluble polymer, a macromolecular material used for refining crude oil. Intense interest in that miracle material sparked my working enthusiasm and inspiration. I worked day in and day out and I realized that I was cut out for researching.

As an undergraduate, I have also had the opportunity to study a number of subjects in the humanities and they have been both enjoyable and enlightening, providing me a new and different perspective on the world in which we live. At the same time, I maintained a healthy balance between academic studies, athletics, and social activities. Through competition on basketball crew team and several semesters of volleyball, and as an active member of our fraternity of the faculty, I learned the importance of teamwork and leadership in achieving a common goal. I hope to bring this spirit of competition and team effort to your school and my fellow students.

My curiosity about how people from different parts of the world live and work has urged me to travel extensively throughout Southeast Asia and all corners of China. Eager to meet and exchange ideas with those I met, I actively learned a variety of histories, cultures, and languages. These experiences felt like an extension of the house in which I grew up and have allowed me to cultivate a curious and questioning mind and enabled me to develop the ability to approach problems with a wide perspective.

My intense interest in research and excellent academic performance instilled in me the desire to be a chemistry scientist, yet I understand that the science world today is more complex. This complexity required more education, and with that deep in mind, my plans following completion of my current studies are to move derictly into graduate work toward my master’s in chemical engineering. After I learn my master’s degree, I intend to start work on my PH.D. Later I would like to work in the area of research and development for private industry. It is only in Ohio State University that I believe I can make the greatest contribution, utilizing my theoretical background and creativity as a scientist.

Being highly aware of the superb reputation of your school, and having my conversations with several of your alumni, I have no hesitation in applying for your school. I hope that you will give me the privilege of continuing my studies at your fine institution.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表