• 实时天气:温尼伯 20°
    温度感觉: 18°
楼主: xpxpxpx p
打印 上一主题 下一主题

论坛文摘:环球邮报2篇报道引发的思考

61#
发表于 2007-7-5 23:30:06 | 只看该作者

从来都不觉得老外对我们有什么友好或称赞之举。

我相信没有一个老外是真心的希望中国好。退一万步,即就是你样样事情都做得最好,甚至2,3倍的好。他们也不会愿意承认,他们会巧妙的避开话题,接着谈他们想谈的事情。我记得温哥华花样滑冰比赛时,申雪和赵洪博已无可挑剔的动作一举夺冠,可是现场解说的那个女解说员,连珠炮似的讲:这一对选手在上次比赛女的摔倒受伤,几分钟后又重返赛场,最后夺冠。这样对其他选手不公平,云云。到颁奖的时候又说申雪身材小,占便宜。可是另一个男解说,播报了申雪的身高体重后,她又改口了。即使像我这样听力不怎么好的观众,都感到了这一点,我就不信其他观众听不懂。更何况本地人,英语是第一语言的呢?请问这个解说为什么敢公开的在直播比赛时讲这番话?
中国人在国外,你就必须擦亮双眼。因为:没有一个老外是真心的希望中国好。你可以安慰自己,称自己是加拿大人。可是老外永远不会认为你和他们是在同一个level的。你就是永远的,必须得,低他们一等,而后由他们来救你于水火。以体现他们的伟大,你的渺小。
同胞们擦亮双眼吧!
62#
发表于 2007-7-6 06:25:07 | 只看该作者
我是一个生活在加拿大的华人,我希望中国越来越强大,人民生活富有,我更加希望加拿大也越来越好,因为加拿大的好坏和我有更加直接关系,但是自从中国向全世界开放以来,人民币一直处于很低情况下,加拿大和美国每年和中国贸易的差额越来越大,也就是说加拿大和美国的商人赚钱越来越多,我们在加拿大和美国生活的普通人,每年失去越来越多的工作机会,穷人越来越穷,贫穷之间的差距也越来越大,对于社会的稳定是非常危险的,20年以前,一个技术工人,在加拿大可以一样有很好的生活,可是现在很多工人失去工作,很多工厂不再给予工人任何福利,或者只要一半的福利,想想如果我们不反对中国给予世界不公平的竞争,在贸易差额越来越大情况下,如果我们生活在加拿大的华人不分青红皂白支持中国这种违反竞争游戏的强大,那么可能10年后,在你面临50岁的时候,你的公司,工厂全部会搬去中国,那么你在50岁以后就会面临失去工作,面临破产,面临进入老人困境。
我相信加拿大人,包括很多华人已经感觉这种危险,所以报纸在中国产品出现一系列问题的时候,再一次强调,也希望我们作为生活在加拿大的人民抵制中国的劣质产品,为了加拿大的强大,不要只想利润,也希望加拿大的商人不要不管加拿大的经济而都跑去中国投资,我一点都没有感觉报纸有任何误导公众的意识。
只是很奇怪为什么那么多生活在加拿大的华人,根本不知道中国的违反贸易规则游戏的强大,对于我们生活在加拿大的所有人是一种威胁
63#
发表于 2007-7-6 06:48:21 | 只看该作者
没有一个加拿大人会希望自己的国家不强大,而去宣传或者赞扬另外一个国家的强大,希望加拿大的报纸去赞扬中国是怎么强大富强,是不是太可笑了,另外中国的报纸也每天在赞扬中国是如果赶英超美,如何富强和和谐,在中国的时候我从来没有感觉美国是如何的强大,来之中国的华人思维真是越来越奇怪,好像和中国一起强大,希望加拿大的报纸,希望加拿大政府,希望加拿大每一个人都为中国自豪,现在中国人比当年的白人还要种族歧视,要要自己的政党,希望控制加拿大的媒体,任何给予中国不好的报导,就反对。
64#
发表于 2007-7-6 09:46:52 | 只看该作者
从楼主的文章仿佛有看到了什么的影子,无知、无情、顽固。翻了错误,制造了灾难,不去反思,不去从根本改正,只会打着“向前看的”旗号想让全民忘却,别人一提起或批评一下,就会跳出来辩解或攻击别人。因为不想反思,不懂反思,不会反思,所以错误一犯再犯,悲剧一演再演。这样的人/组织当政,只能是人民的悲哀。楼主来了加拿大,是国内人民之幸,但我在加拿大实在不想看到他们在这儿用他们的脑袋/思维想影响/改造加拿大,我们现在的家园
65#
发表于 2007-7-6 11:58:01 | 只看该作者
最初由[porpoise]发布
从楼主的文章仿佛有看到了什么的影子,无知、无情、顽固。翻了错误,制造了灾难,不去反思,不去从根本改正,只会打着“向前看的”旗号想让全民忘却,别人一提起或批评一下,就会跳出来辩解或攻击别人。因为不想反思,不懂反思,不会反思,所以错误一犯再犯,悲剧一演再演。这样的人/组织当政,只能是人民的悲哀。楼主来了加拿大,是国内人民之幸,但我在加拿大实在不想看到他们在这儿用他们的脑袋/思维想影响/改造加拿大,我们现在的家园

He is vulnerable and sensitive to criticisms at China. That is why he is always keen to find excuses for tragedies happened in China. Such kind of people never questions the systems of China- the root of all problems. Such people are not just a few, but many. I label them: Nu Cai. They never care other people’s suffering, as long as they don’t suffer.
66#
发表于 2007-7-6 12:11:50 | 只看该作者
最初由[porpoise]发布

你要小心,你是在挑战51的精英,那些喜欢在51写英文不愿意写中文的假洋鬼子,你的下场会很悲惨
67#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-7-6 12:39:14 | 只看该作者
最初由[被封]发布

He is vulnerable and sensitive to criticisms at China. That is why he is always keen to find excuses for tragedies happened in China. Such kind of people never questions the systems of China- the root of all problems. Such people are not just a few, but many. I label them: Nu Cai . They never care other people’s suffering, as long as they don’t suffer.

If China has been ruled by Japan for a couple of generations, the people of China would be quite different today. They would be freshed, disciplined and organized, for sure. I believe the society would be much better than what it is now.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Invasion by another coutry does not necessarily mean a disaster in the long run.

I know no one here would agree with me.

You seem overwhelmed by angry and frustration.

My intention is to start a health discussion with all the friends here. But you and some 51ers didn’t add any value since day one other than cursing and insulting me. You guys cut me deep.
68#
发表于 2007-7-6 12:45:30 | 只看该作者
最初由[xpxpxpx p]发布

My intention is to start a health discussion with all the friends here. But you and some 51ers didn’t add any value since day one other than cursing and insulting me. You guys cut me deep.

No value exists until people get their head right.
69#
发表于 2007-7-6 12:52:48 | 只看该作者
最初由[xpxpxpx p]发布

Don't imagine if I am angry or not, because you never know. Please focus on points.
70#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-7-6 13:32:26 | 只看该作者
最初由[被封]发布

Don't imagine if I am angry or not, because you never know. Please focus on points.

Very good suggestion!

For your previous question:

You didn't answer my question. My question is, if your daughter was killed by a bad health care system, how would you repond? Would you still tolerate the system? Would you still keep positive?

I asked Bei Shan similar queation many times. If his family's member was killed in 64, how would he respond? He never answered such question.

No use to argue with people like you and Bei Shan. You are the typical Chinese who can be easily fooled around by GCD.

Sorry for my poor English.

My answer was:

Your English is not bad at all. Don't be too humble.

Well, I believe we are talking about different subjects here. However, I'd like to give your tough questions a try.

What if my family got killed in 64 or what if my daughter got killed by tainted antibiotic.

Honestly, I don't know.

I might become a person like you, keeping cursing and losing faith in my own country. I mean I might. But one thing for sure, if I go that far, I must have already lost my mind.

I don't know what makes you so upset and negative about GCD and even China. But I truly hope your family are all healthy and happy.

In the following posts, I also expressed my concerns:

My intention is not playing a role such like government delegate of China. I hate all of these tainted food and medicines as much as you do. I also feel embarrassed every time when I read such kind of sad stories.

However, let's check the flip side a little bit. I’ve been a loyal subscriber of G&M for couple of years. According to my experience during these two years, the newspaper’s attitude to China has never ever been friendly, or even objective. If you are interested, you can go to G&M’s website and check all its cover page stories regarding China and see what type of news this paper put there. For people who are living in Canada, after reading this newspaper for years, I won’t be surprised that many of them will be influenced and have bias against China or even Chinese people, including ordinary Chinese immigrants in Canada.

I don’t understand why some of the 51ers were so aggressive when I raised my concerns. I even was questioned what if my daughter got killed by tainted antibiotic. Should I be criticized and even offended only because I was questioning the position of G&M and couple of its reports?

I’d really like to know how many 51ers read local newspapers & magazines (G&M, TIME, Star, Sun) and watch TV news on daily basis.

Give me your opinions on the concerns that I've raised please.

And

In brief, my concern is the intentinal or unintentional bias against China in mainsteam media such as G&M.

Let's read through the following essay before we go further.

How to Detect Bias in the News [/FONT]

At one time or other we all complain about "bias in the news." The fact is, despite the journalistic ideal of "objectivity," every news story is influenced by the attitudes and background of its interviewers, writers, photographers and editors.

Not all bias is deliberate. But you can become a more aware news reader or viewer by watching for the following journalistic techniques that allow bias to "creep in" to the news:

Bias through selection and omission  [/FONT]  

An editor can express a bias by choosing to use or not to use a specific news item. Within a given story, some details can be ignored, and others included, to give readers or viewers a different opinion about the events reported. If, during a speech, a few people boo, the reaction can be described as "remarks greeted by jeers" or they can be ignored as "a handful of dissidents."

Bias through omission is difficult to detect. Only by comparing news reports from a wide variety of outlets can the form of bias be observed.

Bias through placement   [/FONT]  

Readers of papers judge first page stories to be more significant than those buried in the back. Television and radio newscasts run the most important stories first and leave the less significant for later. Where a story is placed, therefore, influences what a reader or viewer thinks about its importance.

Bias by headline   [/FONT]  

Many people read only the headlines of a news item. Most people scan nearly all the headlines in a newspaper. Headlines are the most-read part of a paper. They can summarize as well as present carefully hidden bias and prejudices. They can convey excitement where little exists. They can express approval or condemnation.

Bias by photos, captions and camera angles   [/FONT]  

Some pictures flatter a person, others make the person look unpleasant. A paper can choose photos to influence opinion about, for example, a candidate for election. On television, the choice of which visual images to display is extremely important. The captions newspapers run below photos are also potential sources of bias.

Bias through use of names and titles [/FONT]  

News media often use labels and titles to describe people, places, and events. A person can be called an "ex-con" or be referred to as someone who "served time twenty years ago for a minor offense." Whether a person is described as a "terrorist" or a "freedom fighter" is a clear indication of editorial bias.

Bias through statistics and crowd counts [/FONT]  

To make a disaster seem more spectacular (and therefore worthy of reading about), numbers can be inflated. "A hundred injured in aircrash" can be the same as "only minor injuries in air crash," reflecting the opinion of the person doing the counting.

Bias by source control   [/FONT]  

To detect bias, always consider where the news item "comes from." Is the information supplied by a reporter, an eyewitness, police or fire officials, executives, or elected or appointed government officials? Each may have a particular bias that is introduced into the story. Companies and public relations directors supply news outlets with puffpieces through news releases, photos or videos. Often news outlets depend on pseudo-events (demonstrations, sit-ins, ribbon cuttings, speeches and ceremonies) that take place mainly to gain news coverage.

Word choice and tone   [/FONT]  

Showing the same kind of bias that appears in headlines, the use of positive or negative words or words with a particular connotation can strongly influence the reader or viewer.

Source

http://www.media-awareness.ca/en ... ias_in_the_news.cfm

The Media Awareness Network [/FONT]  

Now, tell me what do you think other than labelling me as "Nu Cai"?
71#
发表于 2007-7-6 13:49:06 | 只看该作者
最初由[xpxpxpx p]发布

Very good suggestion!

For your previous question:

My answer was:

In the following posts, I also expressed my concerns:

And

Now, tell me what do you think other than labelling me as "Nu Cai"?

你是书生气太浓。你以为他们能提出什么有讨论意义的东西来?我就从来也没看到他们能说出个什么道道来。只是像被主子灌了毒品的狗,只知道咬人,还能有什么本事?你越把事实搞清,他们就越狗急跳墙。说别人是“Nu Cai”,还不知道自己还不如我隔壁老头家那条狗,那条狗还有点别的花样呢。
72#
发表于 2007-7-6 13:52:32 | 只看该作者
For people who are living in Canada, after reading this newspaper for years, I won’t be surprised that many of them will be influenced and have bias against China or even Chinese people, including ordinary Chinese immigrants in Canada.

Whick one of the following is more important:

1. The reputation of China and Chinese people
2. The suffering of Chiense people(some) through different ways in China due to the lack of sound social system.

You claimed read a lot. Why don't you throw your books away and go to China to learn from that society? In China, reading too much means you have more chance to get head problems.

Here, your problem is linking "negative reports" to China's reputation. Which one is more important, your reputation or other's life?
73#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-7-6 14:02:10 | 只看该作者
最初由[被封]发布

Whick one of the following is more important:

1. The reputation of China and Chinese people
2. The suffering of Chiense people(some) through different ways in China due to the lack of sound social system.

You claimed read a lot. Why don't you throw your books away and go to China to learn from that society? In China, reading too much means you have more chance to get head problems.

Here, your problem is linking "negative reports" to China's reputation. Which one is more important, your reputation or other's life?

You didn’t get my point at all.

My concern is the bias against China and Chinese in G&M reports, whereas you are only interested in and keep talking about regardless of context is cursing the Chinese government and GCD.

Again, is this the best you can do?
74#
发表于 2007-7-6 14:11:56 | 只看该作者
最初由[xpxpxpx p]发布

You didn’t get my point at all.

My concern is the bias against China and Chinese in G&M reports, whereas you are only interested in and keep talking about regardless of context is cursing the Chinese government and GCD.

Again, is this the best you can do?

I am sure this is not the best way, but the only way he can do.
75#
发表于 2007-7-6 19:40:28 | 只看该作者
最初由[ffgg123]发布
我是一个生活在加拿大的华人,我希望中国越来越强大,人民生活富有,我更加希望加拿大也越来越好,因为加拿大的好坏和我有更加直接关系,但是自从中国向全世界开放以来,人民币一直处于很低情况下,加拿大和美国每年和中国贸易的差额越来越大,也就是说加拿大和美国的商人赚钱越来越多,我们在加拿大和美国生活的普通人,每年失去越来越多的工作机会,穷人越来越穷,贫穷之间的差距也越来越大,对于社会的稳定是非常危险的,20年以前,一个技术工人,在加拿大可以一样有很好的生活,可是现在很多工人失去工作,很多工厂不再给予工人任何福利,或者只要一半的福利,想想如果我们不反对中国给予世界不公平的竞争,在贸易差额越来越大情况下,如果我们生活在加拿大的华人不分青红皂白支持中国这种违反竞争游戏的强大,那么可能10年后,在你面临50岁的时候,你的公司,工厂全部会搬去中国,那么你在50岁以后就会面临失去工作,面临破产,面临进入老人困境。
我相信加拿大人,包括很多华人已经感觉这种危险,所以报纸在中国产品出现一系列问题的时候,再一次强调,也希望我们作为生活在加拿大的人民抵制中国的劣质产品,为了加拿大的强大,不要只想利润,也希望加拿大的商人不要不管加拿大的经济而都跑去中国投资,我一点都没有感觉报纸有任何误导公众的意识。
只是很奇怪为什么那么多生活在加拿大的华人,根本不知道中国的违反贸易规则游戏的强大,对于我们生活在加拿大的所有人是一种威胁
俺要顶!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表